What We're Eating

Replies

• rompydompy
    rompydompy Posts: 54 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee and Kind bar mini
    Lunch: Egg salad sandwich, Greek yogurt, prunes and a banana.
    Dinner: Grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato, green beans, salad, carrot sticks with ranch, and a pickle spear.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast: hard-boiled egg & toaster waffle with a little butter & sugar free syrup, coffee

Lunch: slice of cheese pizza at Sam's Club, probably won't finish the crust (going there with my dad, not my choice)

Snack: banana & packet of Oh Snap spicy pickles

Dinner: vegetarian sausage, large portion of roasted zucchini, mushrooms & chopped sweet potatoes, and mixed greens with oil & vinegar
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    Breakfast: almond milk latte with 1 sugar, egg & cheese on a buiscut
    Snack: cherries & coffee
    Lunch: tuna with pickles & onions on toasted wheat slices
    Supper: spicy salmon roll YUM can’t wait 😊
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited July 2019
    Breakfast: forgot it at home :( Found a random sample-size Larabar in my desk so I had that.. not impressed and for 100cal it was hardly any food. So sad!
    Lunch: broccoli chicken and cheddar Lean Pocket with romaine salad with croutons and Kraft light Catalina dressing
    Afternoon snack: strawberries
    Dinner: going out to eat tonight, going to Red Robin.. going to get the Tavern Burger (simple cheeseburger with pickles and lettuce) and a side salad with their balsamic dressing (kills me to not get their fries, but it doesn't fit in my goals today. boo)
  • justanotherjenn
    justanotherjenn Posts: 64 Member
    JennJ323 wrote: »
    Breakfast: forgot it at home :( Found a random sample-size Larabar in my desk so I had that.. not impressed and for 100cal it was hardly any food. So sad!
    Lunch: broccoli chicken and cheddar Lean Pocket with romaine salad with croutons and Kraft light Catalina dressing
    Afternoon snack: strawberries
    Dinner: going out to eat tonight, going to Red Robin.. going to get the Tavern Burger (simple cheeseburger with pickles and lettuce) and a side salad with their balsamic dressing (kills me to not get their fries, but it doesn't fit in my goals today. boo)

That's the type of thing that used to send me straight to McDonald's. Sorry for a bummer breakfast.
  • justanotherjenn
    Breakfast - 3 scrambled eggs w/cheddar cheese, shredded hashbrowns, Evolve protein shake
    Lunch - Chicken salad sandwich w/crackers and fruit
    Dinner - Rotini vegetable pasta, side salad, garlic bread
    Snacks - So Delicious cashew milk ice cream bar, enough calories for one more small snack
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Was feeling oddly hungry this morning so I actually had breakfast! Scrambled eggs, 2 slices of bacon, and about half a cup of breakfast potatoes, coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Chicken wrap with lettuce, a thin slice of cheese, red onion, cucumber, and spicy hummus, black grapes
    Snack: Chocolate protein shake made using 2% milk
    Dinner: Taco salad consisting of beef, black beans, cheese, tomato, lettuce, sour cream, salsa, and 2 crumbled hard shells
    Dessert: 1 mint enlightened bar. (even tho I've planned for and included this on multiple days the last week or so, I still have yet to have one! So I am DETERMINED to actually try it tonight!)
  • pfillipp
    pfillipp Posts: 101 Member

Breakfast: Trader Joe’s chicken apple sausage, string cheese, cherries

Lunch: Dole lite Caesar salad, small scoop of couscous salad, snow peas and English peas

Snack: sesame sticks, cherries

Dinner: black pepper flank steak stir fry, blanched green beans, steamed rice
    Dessert: Yasso strawberry frozen bar
    Snack: still room left for a little something...
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    Breakfast:
    Homemade pumpkin spice protein bar [between HIIT and lifting]
    Well Well dark cacao protein beverage, Fage 2% Greek yogurt, and strawberries [after lifting]
    Peppermint herbal tea

Early lunch:
    Poke bowl (crab meat, eel, edamame, pickled radishes, cherry tomatos, cucumber slices, and just a bit of eel sauce and wasabi ginger sauce); Rx bar (chocolate hazelnut) - My new favorite <3; pour over coffee

Snack:
    Zucchini pumpkin protein superfood muffins with a little raw wildflower honey on top

Dinner:
    Ground bison, sauteed shrimp, cheesy spinach cauliflower rice, broccoli florets, and brown rice; 1 Godiva dark chocolate pyramid truffle

• seltzermint555
    Breakfast: oatmeal with shredded unsweetened coconut, coconut butter & raisins. Coffee.

Lunch: grilled fish tacos on flour tortillas with shredded cabbage and a mixture of corn, peppers & lime.

Dinner: Natalie Portman's Chickpea & Zucchini stew (yummy recipe, easily googled) and likely some peach ice cream.
  • justanotherjenn
    Breakfast - Bagel w/cream cheese, 2 eggs
    Lunch - Turkey sandwich w/avocado, crackers, banana
    Dinner - Shrimp tacos
    Snacks - So Delicious cashew milk ice cream bar
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Breakfast: Mesa flakes with raisins and almond milk, a few pieces of dried mango (NOM)
    Lunch: pear, cottage cheese, veggies with buffalo-blue cheese hummus
    Dinner: baramundi with a sauce made from cherry tomatoes and olives, green beans
    Wine...because...wine.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yesterday

Breakfast:
    whole bagel w/butter and ligonberry jellie, ice water to drink

Lunch:
    2 cups of milk oolong tea

Dinner: ETHIOPIAN (and it was SLAMMING)!
    my new love BEETS ( prepared in some weird and wonderful way, I love beets now, THANKS to Ethiopian food), cabbage and carrots, lentils (cooked and cold), spinach (prepared in some weird and wonderful and and I LOVE it), tomato & jalepeno pepper salad, yellow split peas, something else veggie/lentil I forget, SPICY chicken dish with boiled eggs in it called "doro wat" ...but it was soooooooo GOOD. All of this was eaten with "Injera" bread--it's a sponge like bread that you use as an "eating utensil of some sort and use it to pick up all the food and eat it--so weird and wonderful and MEGA FILLING to boot! Woooow, that after eating all of this, I felt like I just had a extra thanksgiving dinner and then some, so GOOD. ALL washed down with a can of ice cold gingerale...YUM!

Dessert and/or after dinner snack:
    was so full from dinner the handsome hubs and I when for a long after dinner stroll to "walk it off" so to speak. Afterwards, I asked my husband if he wanted an ice cream cone and he said no, he's still super full. We when to McDonald's to get my ice cream cone...BTW-my new favorite dessert is McDonald's vanilla ice cream cone. When I ordered mine, and my hubs was preparing to pay for it...she looked me up and down and guess what she said??!!??
    She said, I'm giving you this ice cream cone for FREE! I said, WHAT?!? Why? She said because I just want to. I said, no baby, that's okay and she said she's not taking the money, because she wants me to have it for free, just "because"!!!!!! Wow--Thank you Lord, SUCH favor He gives me with people ALL the time--YAY! So I got it for FREE and it was extra good. I also had mango as my late night snack.

Today:
    Breakfast:
    cup of coffee

Lunch:

Dinner:
    left over Ethiopian food, ice water to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    2 pomegranate Popsicles, cup of sunflower seeds, maybe some green and black olives

• umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    Breakfast:
    Zucchini pumpkin protein superfood muffins with honey almond butter drizzled on top, Fage 2% Greek yogurt with paleo coconola and blueberries; pour over coffee

Lunch:
    Pulled pork, emmental, emerald greens, and maple mustard on whole grain bread, 1/2 Fuji apple salad (mixed greens, pecans, apple crisps, cherry tomatoes, and a light white balsamic apple dressing) [Panera]

Snack:
    Short triple flat white with soy milk; NuttZo vegan peanut pro bar with cacao nibs + probiotics

Dinner:
    Crazy awesome salad -- Mediterranean grilled chicken, beets, horiatiki salad, raw mushrooms, raw diced mixed bell peppers, small falafel patty, and wheatberry salad; 3/4 scoop of protein superfood powder blended with 1/3 of a banana and ice (weird experiment); Godiva midnight swirl truffle
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    edited July 2019
    Breakfast: Guava skyr (2%), coffee with half&half

Post walk hydration: Hibiscus lime iced herb tea

Lunch: Slice of leftover pizza, large piece of watermelon and a few strawberries, water

Dinner: Pan-seared salmon with Tex-Mex seasoning, quinoa salad, steamed yellow squash, green tea

Dessert: Dark chocolate raspberry yogurt,

Movie snack: A big mug of wild berry herb tea and 3 calissons (fruit and almond candies)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited July 2019
    Breakfast:
    Zucchini pumpkin protein superfood muffins with honey almond butter drizzled on top, Fage 2% Greek yogurt with paleo coconola and blueberries; pour over coffee

Lunch:
    Pulled pork, emmental, emerald greens, and maple mustard on whole grain bread, 1/2 Fuji apple salad (mixed greens, pecans, apple crisps, cherry tomatoes, and a light white balsamic apple dressing) [Panera]

Snack:
    Short triple flat white with soy milk; NuttZo vegan peanut pro bar with cacao nibs + probiotics

Dinner:
    Crazy awesome salad -- Mediterranean grilled chicken, beets, horiatiki salad, raw mushrooms, raw diced mixed bell peppers, small falafel patty, and wheatberry salad; 3/4 scoop of protein superfood powder blended with 1/3 of a banana and ice (weird experiment); Godiva midnight swirl truffle

Had to look up what "emmental" is and your entire day (as per usual) makes me think this:

giphy.gif

f2b1d422cb2267f084eab51902c5f12f.gif

Everything so good and that "Crazy Awesome Salad"...Just YUM, period.
  • pfillipp
    pfillipp Posts: 101 Member

Yesterday

Breakfast: Morningstar veggie sausage patties, cherries and grapes

Lunch: clean out the fridge assortment of stir fried flank steak in sauce, green beans, arugula, cherries, toast

Snack: veggie chips

Dinner: veggie packed tofu fried rice with egg

Today

Breakfast: Trader Joe’s chicken apple sausages, cherries, toast

Lunch: frozen enchilada meal (womp womp)

Snacks: tbd

Dinner: lentils with bacon, romaine and plum salad with queso fresco
    And Wine!
  • seltzermint555
    edited July 2019
    Yesterday

Breakfast:
    whole bagel w/butter and ligonberry jellie, ice water to drink

Lunch:

Dinner: ETHIOPIAN (and it was SLAMMING)!
    my new love BEETS ( prepared in some weird and wonderful way, I love beets now, THANKS to Ethiopian food), cabbage and carrots, lentils (cooked and cold), spinach (prepared in some weird and wonderful and and I LOVE it), tomato & jalepeno pepper salad, yellow split peas, something else veggie/lentil I forget, SPICY chicken dish with boiled eggs in it called "doro wat" ...but it was soooooooo GOOD. All of this was eaten with "Injera" bread--it's a sponge like bread that you use as an "eating utensil of some sort and use it to pick up all the food and eat it--so weird and wonderful and MEGA FILLING to boot! Woooow, that after eating all of this, I felt like I just had a extra thanksgiving dinner and then some, so GOOD. ALL washed down with a can of ice cold gingerale...YUM!

Dessert and/or after dinner snack:
    was so full from dinner the handsome hubs and I when for a long after dinner stroll to "walk it off" so to speak. Afterwards, I asked my husband if he wanted an ice cream cone and he said no, he's still super full. We when to McDonald's to get my ice cream cone...BTW-my new favorite dessert is McDonald's vanilla ice cream cone. When I ordered mine, and my hubs was preparing to pay for it...she looked me up and down and guess what she said??!!??
    She said, I'm giving you this ice cream cone for FREE! I said, WHAT?!? Why? She said because I just want to. I said, no baby, that's okay and she said she's not taking the money, because she wants me to have it for free, just "because"!!!!!! Wow--Thank you Lord, SUCH favor He gives me with people ALL the time--YAY! So I got it for FREE and it was extra good. I also had mango as my late night snack.

Today:
    Breakfast:
    cup of coffee

Lunch:

Dinner:
    left over Ethiopian food, ice water to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    2 pomegranate Popsicles, cup of sunflower seeds, maybe some green and black olives

YUM! I love Ethiopian food, but the nearest place is 2 hours from me...may have to make a little road trip quite soon!

Also, love the free ice cream story. My husband and I were on vacation awhile ago and the girl at A&W was having a horrible time w/ another customer (in the drive thru) and she gave us free strawberry sundaes.
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: 2 egg bean sprout omelet with Sriracha, coffee

Lunch: leftover sesame peanut noodles with cabbage, carrots, onion & edamame, and a smoothie made with banana, avocado, unsweetened coconut milk & hemp protein powder.

Dinner: some kind of tofu curry (new recipe) and some dark chocolate covered espresso beans.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Breakfast: 2 multi-grain waffles with Neufatchel cheese and Everything But The Bagel seasoning
    Lunch: pepperoni pizza Lean Pocket with a small romaine salad with honey mustard dressing
    Afternoon snack: strawberries and Fit & Active chocolate dipped pretzels
    Dinner: Boca turkey veggie burger with cheese and pickles -- first time trying a Boca burger, with kettle chips