What We're Eating

Options

Replies

• rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: coffee with creamer
    Snack: Cottage cheese with ground pepper, blueberries
    Lunch: Chili topped with sour cream and cheese, some tostitos scoops that were leftover from a party
    Snack: Quest blueberry muffin protein bar
    Dindins: Thai chicken and veggie noodles with peanut sauce

Maybe half a serving of Enlightened?
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Snack: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, a bite of a peach
    Lunch: Leftovers of the Thai noodles dish
    Snack: medium iced hazelnut coffee from Dunkin, later on a protein bar
    Dinner: Leftover chicken Tikka masala and rice from last night (boyfriend got a job offer yesterday so we went out for Indian to celebrate!)

Still have some calories leftover so if I need something else I'll either have some sliced veggies or the last quarter of a pint Ben and Jerry's moophoria ice cream. c:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    2 cups of milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    1 cup of emperor puh erh tea, 1 cup of white rose tea

Dinner:
    Whooper w/cheese, fries and onion rings, water to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    Bowl of blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and a cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 fried eggs with hot sauce, 1/2 avocado, fresh pineapple chunks, coffee
    Lunch: Jamaican beef patty, peas, chopped salad mix
    Dinner: homemade pizza on a thin wheat crust, light on sauce & cheese, with black olives, artichokes, mushrooms & onion
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Ensure High Protein Shake
    Lunch: (school food) Turkey Bacon Swiss on WG Pretzel Bun, Tater Tots, and Carrots Sticks
    Dinner: Haven't decided yet. Will be picking something up at the grocery store.
    Snacks: Veggie Straws
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Breakfast:
    2 buttermilk pecan pancakes w/blueberry syrup ( THANKS pancakerunner o:) ), 3 pieces of bacon, 2 oz cherry juice to drink

Lunch:
    1 cup milk oolong tea, 1 cup emperor puh erh tea

Dinner:
    something totally DIFFERENT and totally yummy--Ethiopian food?!? MEGA YES!:
    4x0ma81sc1uf.png
    Pics taken from the web--things I tried/ate, I had everything on the pic except the meat stuff in the middle, we had different meat dishes below. WOW! Who knew I'd LOVE split pea anything, it was the absolute bomb as was the beets/potato/carrots, collard greens... EVERYTHING
    was delicious, the injera spongy bread---soooooooo GOOD! Plus we had these:

400xNxDoro-wat-in-pan.jpg.pagespeed.ic.-sPdg1jNtf.jpg

33.jpg?w=600&h=800
    It's an Ethiopian tomato salad--YUM!
    AND some of this was on the large platter covered in injera bread--all of the food is on top of the injera bread and you use the injera bread to eat all the stuff with, WITH YOUR HANDS, everybody just digs in--- :) OR if you're like someone who will remain unnamed--and prefers to do it the un-traditional way, you can ask for a plate and fork and they'll happily give you one ;) too :

It's a slowly stewed chicken with hard boiled eggs in it, called "Doro Wat"--doesn't look that great, but tastes DELICIOUS!

lamb-chacha-1940248189.png
    Lamb Shekla Tibs

Uhhhhhh...THE YUM, period.

Lastly, once more, I can not emphasize how GOOD this sponge bread called injera is--WOW, it's like a napkin you can eat--sooooo GOOD and you eat it with everything. Yuuuummmmmmmmmmm!

Injera_bread_grande.jpg?v=1442617482

oettwOieebada_bigger.jpg

Finished off with Ethiopian coffee...I've ALWAYS, all my life HATED black coffee with a passion, but this was the BEST black coffee ever! At first it tastes smooth, then a spicy mega robust strong flavor creeps in, not bitter at all, taste like a strange dark chocolate of sorts--thebombdotcom, period. WOW, who knew i'd EVER like black coffee--EVER! Eye-openingly YUM.
    coffee-traditional-640x420.jpg
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Ethiopian is great, isn't it? It's my default "I'm tired and I'm ordering in" choice, which I was abusing earlier this year, so now I'm only having it if we actually go to a restaurant (there's one theater I go to near a good Ethiopian restaurant, so we usually combine the two and have dinner before).
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    OH MAN I want Ethiopian food now!! I've just had it twice in different cities, but both times it was super amazing!
    *~*~*~

Breakfast: Coffee and a new-to-me recipe for chia pudding and my husband was OBSESSED. I liked it too.
    https://www.eatingbirdfood.com/chocolate-chia-pudding/

Lunch: Morningstar veggie burger on wheat toast with homemade banana pepper mustard (weird but good), pickles, lettuce & onion. Smoothie made from unsweetened almond milk, frozen peaches & bananas, and hemp protein powder.

Dinner: black beans with peppers & onions, a bit of sour cream and a cornbread muffin. For dessert probably raspberry flavored coffee and a couple of little Biscoff cookies.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: English muffin with strawberry jelly
    Lunch: 3 mozzarella stuffed chicken meatballs in marinara
    Afternoon snack: strawberries and pineapple
    Dinner: grilled pork chop, roasted/cubed potatoes and a small romaine side salad
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    A&W Beyond sausage veggie. Orange juice.
    Lentil pasta and Gardein "meat"balls. Roasted broccoli
    Loquats
    Rice with red beans and cabbage.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    2 cups of milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    1 cup of roasted dandelion root tea, 1 cup emperor puh erh tea

Dinner:
    Grilled shrimp & baby spinach salad (grilled shrimp, big bowl of baby spinach, 2 hard boiled eggs, fresh strawberries, chopped fresh mangoes, red onions, lots of yummy tomatoes, pecans, cranberries, avocado and Marie's creamy Italian garlic dressing) baked potato w/butter, cheese, sour cream and ice water to drink

Cup of Coffee (w/cream) w/slice of plain cheesecake w/fresh blueberries and blackberries. Black/green/kalamata olives
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Ethiopian is great, isn't it? It's my default "I'm tired and I'm ordering in" choice, which I was abusing earlier this year, so now I'm only having it if we actually go to a restaurant (there's one theater I go to near a good Ethiopian restaurant, so we usually combine the two and have dinner before).

Come-on! Who KNEW how fabulous this stuff is? Who knew I'd EVER love "smashed to the max yellow split pea anything. Everything was so good, especially that sponge bread. I'm DEFINITELY going to have this Ethiopian food more often--so yummy it was!
    OH MAN I want Ethiopian food now!! I've just had it twice in different cities, but both times it was super amazing!
    *~*~*~

Breakfast: Coffee and a new-to-me recipe for chia pudding and my husband was OBSESSED. I liked it too.
    https://www.eatingbirdfood.com/chocolate-chia-pudding/

Lunch: Morningstar veggie burger on wheat toast with homemade banana pepper mustard (weird but good), pickles, lettuce & onion. Smoothie made from unsweetened almond milk, frozen peaches & bananas, and hemp protein powder.

Dinner: black beans with peppers & onions, a bit of sour cream and a cornbread muffin. For dessert probably raspberry flavored coffee and a couple of little Biscoff cookies.

The absolute YUM! Your meals sounds wonderful and YUM as well.

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited May 2019
    Options
    posted in the wrong place, sorry!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Coffee w/cream

Lunch:
    Avocolada Smoothie (big handful of baby spinach and kale, frozen pineapple chunks, frozen mangoes, 1 whole avocado, Dole Pina Colada juice)

Dinner:
    2 grilled ball park beef franks on buns and fries, water to drink

watermelon, watermelon and more watermelon...YUM!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: A runny egg on wheat toast with 50g mashed avocado and everything bagel seasoning on top. Two slices of turkey bacon. Coffee with splenda and cashew milk.

Lunch: Ham on wheat with Laughing Cow mozzarella spread. Pretzel Thins.

Dinner: Grilled pork chops in a Hawaiian marinade. Small scoop of Kraft mac and cheese and caprese salad. Yummy!

Snack: Two Good Mixed Berry yogurt earlier; either Brownie Brittle or watermelon later.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Scrambled tofu with black olives and roasted red pepper in a spinach wrap
    Quinoa, chickpeas, cucumber, and cashew cheese salad
    (All vegan) Small poutine, cinnamon roll, small deluxe pizza, small kale and arugula salad
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: oatmeal with peanut butter & strawberry jam, coffee
    Lunch: 1 pork tamale & 1 bean chalupa with guacamole & lettuce (Mexican restaurant chalupa, not a Taco Bell style chalupa)
    Snacks: flavored coffee (chocolate raspberrry) and 1/2 of a Love Good Fats chocolate mint bar. 2 large marshmallows.
    Dinner: small hamburger with mustard, pickle, onion & lettuce and 1/3 of my husband's curly fries (local diner)
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Losingweightforgood2019 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ordered a large pizza last night with my favorite toppings and scraped them off to eat then threw crust away 😉
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: I made "Chocolate Covered Katie" (great recipes btw!) blueberry oatmeal crumble & 2 cups of coffee
    Lunch: vegetarian hot dog on a slice of wheat bread with relish & onion. Waffle fries with banana pepper mustard.
    Dinner: manicotti with spinach & mushrooms, side salad, and will probably follow up later with another serving of blueberry oatmeal crumble and cup of Earl Grey tea
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    coffee w/cream

Lunch:
    Rita's combo of mango/orange, strawberry, mango ice mixed with chocolate soft serve (THE ABSOLUTE BEST, fyi)

Dinner:
    2 thin smothered pork chops, rice and gravy, garlic and ginger sauteed baby bok choy and string beans, water to drink

watermelon!