What We're Eating

Options

Replies

• JohnPaulEightyOne
    JohnPaulEightyOne Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME Bamboo food containers. Trying to avoid BPAs as much as possible 😁
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Breakfast:
    1 cup emperor puh erh tea, 1 cup milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    1 cup of roasted garlic tea, 1 cup white rose tea

Dinner:
    trout almondine, baked potato w/butter, cheese and sour cream, asparagus, brussel sprouts and corn on the cob (w/butter of course)

After dinner dessert and/or late night snack:
    watermelon, a cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream, big handful of walnuts, macadamia and pecans
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Nonfat greek yogurt with strawberry jam and cacao nibs

Lunch: Fiesta salad with corn, black beans, chopped cabbage, romaine with a little cheese and tortilla strips.

Dinner: Probably udon noodles with stir fry veggies that I prepped yesterday

Snacks: Thinkthin chocolate mint protein bar, sugar snap peas, pear
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:
    trout almondine, baked potato w/butter, cheese and sour cream, asparagus, brussel sprouts and corn on the cob (w/butter of course)

watermelon, a cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream, big handful of walnuts, macadamia and pecans

I've never heard of garlic tea before!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

I've never heard of garlic tea before!

This is not the garlic tea I drink, https://www.amazon.com/Garlic-Certified-Organic-Tea-bags/dp/B008X8KQ96?th=1
    but will tell you a wee bit about it. The garlic tea I drink is "loose" not tea bags ( I put it in a teaball and steep it for a while), but I LOVE it!!!! I don't drink it (or the other teas I drink) because it's suppose to help with (fill in the blank) I drink garlic tea and other exotic teas because I LOVE GARLIC (and exotic teas) so much and it tastes and is garlic--nothing else-I drink this and other teas straight, nothing at all added, because I like it that way, this garlic tea is just (concentrated dried garlic chips and again, I love it!!!

I get mine from the health food store. The teas I drink do/can have side-effects, and this garlic tea does too--so I don't drink it everyday or a lot of it...here's more info on garlic tea:
    https://www.verywellfit.com/garlic-tea-benefits-and-side-effects-4163918
  • JohnPaulEightyOne
    Options
    Ground bison, chicken breast, avocado, multicolored cauliflower and green beans, plus lots of spices
    fra0s2ztymhl.jpg
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Snack: Lite and fit greek yogurt with blueberries
    Lunch: Leftover beef and broccoli Chinese with a small bit of rice
    Snack: 1 cup of Earl Grey with milk and sugar, later on a pineapple coconut cupcake
    Dinner: Homemade Mediterranean turkey burger with a side of fries

Probably going to stop there and call it good. If I want anything after dinner I'll probably have another tea, a hot chocolate, or a protein bar.
  • peachvine29
    peachvine29 Posts: 400 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Breakfast:
    -homemade breakfast bowl with eggs, turkey sausage, spinach, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, and cheddar
    -cottage cheese
    -coffee

Snack:
    -turkey sausage patty
    -1/2 cup blueberries

Lunch:
    -turkey sandwich on ancient grain with muenster, mustard, spinach, tomato, onion
    -unsweetened applesauce
    -steamed broccoli

Snack:
    -1/2 cup green grapes
    -light strawberry yogurt

Dinner:
    -turkey burger patty
    -veggie side

I eat a lot!! Also I just realized that I will be eating alll turkey today, 3 different ways! (sausage, deli, ground!)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    bowl of Steel cut oats w/2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, walnuts, pecans and ice water to drink

Lunch:
    1 cup fennel tea, 1 cup milk oolong tea

Dinner:
    avocado caesar salad, snow crab legs w/ghee dipping sauce, broccoli, ice water to drink

Dessert and/or late night dinner snack:
    bowl of blueberries and cantaloupe
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: "fridge oats" - quick oats and plain Greek yogurt mixed with a whole Bartlett pear (chopped), a little bit of honey, flax meal & sprinkled with chia seeds.
    Lunch: leftover chickpea curry with peas, carrots, onion, and tomatoes.
    Snacks: 1 tangelo, green jasmine tea, and 2 large marshmallows.
    Dinner: 2 slices Dominos deep dish pizza with pineapple, onion, spinach & roasted red peppers
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Snack: Cottage cheese with 1/2 cup of blueberries
    Lunch: Tuna patties in a tortilla with spinach and hot sauce
    Snack: Coffee with creamer, later on a pineapple coconut cupcake
    Dinner: 2 Mediterranean turkey burgers, maybe with a few baked Checkers fries
  • JohnPaulEightyOne
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Wild-caught Alaskan Salmon, pasture raised eggs, bacon, avocado, and green beans sautéed in bacon fat. Somehow eating this way has led to 135+ lbs of fat loss 😁

8bjjbk21rfal.jpg
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    bowl of Steel cut oats w/2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, walnuts, pecans and ice water to drink

Lunch:
    1 cup fennel tea, 1 cup milk oolong tea

Dinner:
    avocado caesar salad, snow crab legs w/ghee dipping sauce, broccoli, ice water to drink

Dessert and/or late night dinner snack:
    bowl of blueberries and cantaloupe Entenmann's Cinnamon Swirl Buns and cup of coffee w/cream

• JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    A&W Beyond Sausage
    Two Tim Hortons hashbrowns
    Quinoa with cucumber, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, and cashew cheese
    Stew of eggplant, lentils, chickpeas, canned diced tomatoes, and quinoa spaghetti
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Breakfast: pineapple coconut low-fat Greek yogurt
    Lunch: Lean Pocket Pepperoni Pizza and mini pretzel twists with homemade onion dip
    Afternoon snack: strawberries and a hard boiled egg
    Dinner: Kirkwood turkey, Monterey Jack and chipotle peppers sausage x2 with tortilla chips and salsa (kind of an odd dinner, just throwing random things together to clean out the fridge)
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: chocolate chia pudding, coffee
    Lunch: albacore tuna, red seedless grapes, 1 serving dill pickle pasta salad
    Dinner: tamale casserole made with corn masa, black beans, tomatoes, onions & peppers and a little shredded cheddar on top. Later, 3 squares of s'mores-flavored chocolate & a cup of chai tea
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited June 2019
    Options
    breakfast:
    1 cup of fennel tea, 1 cup milk oolong tea, blueberry medley fruit and veggie popsickle

Lunch:
    1 cup of dandelion root tea, 1 cup of white rose tea

Dinner:
    2 thin pork chops smothered in onion gravy, jasmine rice in gravy, sauteed spinach, brussel sprouts, ice water to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    Strawberry Rhubarb Popsicle, red/green/kalamata olives, 1 cup of sunflower seeds (shelled/salted/roasted)
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wild-caught Alaskan Salmon, pasture raised eggs, bacon, avocado, and green beans sautéed in bacon fat. Somehow eating this way has led to 135+ lbs of fat loss 😁

8bjjbk21rfal.jpg

Wow, your meals look incredible! They're making me ponder how to enhance my own meals (which is always fun). 😌

Also, I always enjoy seeing what @seltzermint555 has cooked up for the day. Your meals always sound so clean, nutritious, and tasty. 😊

I'll contribute my own. Here's what I have had so far/will have today: (I'm attempting to maintain my weight and slowly increase calories over time to find the "sweet spot")

Breakfast:
    3 ingredient pancakes (2 eggs, 1 large banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter)
    1 shot of espresso, bitter

Snack:
    0% Fage Greek yogurt (170 g) with 1/2 tbsp honey and 1/2 tbsp chia seeds

Lunch:
    Small multigrain roll (58 g) with mortadella (48 g) and rustic artichoke hearts in a bit of oil and herbs (~55 g)
    1 shot of espresso, bitter
    1 square of Lindt 90% dark chocolate (10 g)

Snack:
    40 g portion of a pasticciotto napoletano

Dinner:
    Natural tuna (80 g) with 2 tsp pesto, grilled zucchini, peas, and 1/2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
    2 small slices of whole wheat toast
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: plain Greek yogurt mixed with quick oats, flax meal & mandarin oranges, coffee

Lunch: vegan meatballs, 1 serving dill pickle pasta salad, and a smoothie made from unsweetened almond milk, 1 banana, hemp protein powder, chopped strawberries & ice.

Dinner: large baked potato with seasoned TVP, salsa & sour cream. Steamed broccoli. No dessert because tomorrow I'm getting donuts.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:

Breakfast: sliced peaches, yoghurt, handful un-sugared cereal, spoon of tahini
    After workout snack: banana, trail mix, banana chips
    Lunch: Baked beans, bag of frozen sprouts, toast
    Afternoon snacks: animal crackers, banana chips, tea
    Dinner: 3/4 head of iceberg with tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, garbanzos, tzatziki, yoghurt ranch dressing, greek seasoning, S&P, would have added hummus too but the little left had gone fuzzy.

I'm not actually veggie, accidental meat-free day.