40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Bicycle commute yesterday was brutal in the afternoon wind, but I persevered and didn't call the sag wagon! Total Gym this morning. I've started following the "Keto Green" diet plan. I think I'm finally in menopause, and dealing with hot flashes (I can say that here in the 40+ group, right? ;) ). Like @Pernova78 , I'm digging the bullet proof coffee. I can go until 10-11 before I feel hungry.
    @sdereski , nice improvement on the run! Heat will really slow you down. I remember that from running in San Diego, but where I live now it's rarely over 70 F!
    @caramelgyrlk , your squat workout inspired my workout this morning!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Build: Tempo: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    It was another warm one yesterday, so got on my bike. I am embarrassed to say it was my first time on the bike this year! Me, who LOVES her bike and cycling just sat in the saddle for the first time yesterday. What?!
    It was a wonderful ride. Rode 14 miles in 70 minutes. Thought I was gonna die on those hills. :)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    @caramel, those ATG squats sound tough! I can imagine the challenge. I'm hoping that more flexibility work will allow me to get past neutral w/o weights.

@Curiousgeorgianna, good to have another cycling fan in the group. Riding can get "exciting" in windy conditions.

@sdereski - Don't look now, but with your return to the bike, you're following a duathlon program.

@ronmatta - Love the idea of a Club Pub Run, since all runners know that rehydration is the key to recovery. ;)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,922 Member
    sdereski wrote: »
    It was another warm one yesterday, so got on my bike. I am embarrassed to say it was my first time on the bike this year! Me, who LOVES her bike and cycling just sat in the saddle for the first time yesterday. What?!

Wow! Weird!
  • Beeps2011
    OMG I am working in other city and decided to hit my old gym and somehow ended up in a Barre class and I did NOT like it and also it kicked my *kitten*. So, there's that.

I have to get on an airplane first thing tomorrow morning and am pretty darned scared I will be too stiff to move properly. Or at all.

A Barre class! Like with all attendees over the age of 70....and l'il ol me going "wtf is going on here???"

I am not bendy-flexy. At all.
  • gam3rguy
    “Body Beast Build: Shoulder, Tricep...and Laundry”=Done. What a combo, but I have nothing to wear to work today. 😳
  • sdereski
    @Beeps2011 - hope you are not too sore today. It's amazing what those old folks can do. I remember going to an ashram in my 20s and I was probably one of the youngest there. Most were "old". I thought I would kick *kitten* in the yoga sessions - NOT!! They all showed me up - every single time. lol.

It was thundering and pouring rain yesterday, so had a dinner date with the grandkids. Am playing in a golf tournament today. Hope the fog lifts. :)
  • Beeps2011
    The arm is sore - but manageable with advil.

I have a gf who got shingles vaccine dose #2 yesterday and she had a HORRIBLE night. Pain. Aches. Fever. Yikes.

I will remember to take a full day off work for the next day when my second dose of the vaccine is arriving.
  • ronmatta
    ronmatta Posts: 18 Member
    Ran 3 @ 6:30 am yesterday, it was already warm and humid. No running today, in the 90's, felt like 100 F, home workout after work while listening to the Cubs game. Saturday 5K race at 8am.

• Djproulx
    On Thursday night I did an easy open water swim with friends who were preparing for the NYC Tri this weekend. When I returned home, I found an email from the race organizers that the forecasted 100 degree temps with high humidity forced cancellation of the race, so no weekend in NYC for us. (I was going to be a spectator and sherpa in NYC, since no racing for me yet). Made the best of it though - had my first Thai massage yesterday, which was a great experience. Today will be an hour of yoga and then either a bike ride with some of my training group or a lake swim.

Stay Cool.
  • Beeps2011
    Sorry you are missing a NYC experience, Djproulx.

Today, I hit the gym knowing that with the humidity, it would be a bit of a train-wreck. I am not used to the humidity (yet!), but I gave it my best shot and I am glad that I went.

I have to put in about 10 hours of work, today, so I am glad the workout is done.

Tomorrow I am going on a 9- or 10- km hike, and still have to put in 8- or 10- hours of work, too, but I feel better doing the (brain) work when I have already completed some exercise.

It's a really busy time in my practice - which is fine - it means I squeeze in exercise when I can, I monitor my sleep to make sure I am still getting 7+ hours, and I pound out all the paper that my clients want.

BOOM!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    We're having a glorious day on the Redwood Coast. I went to the farmer's market to stock up on produce for the week. Been doing intermittent fasting, and filling my eating window with lots of greens. I'm striving to attain alkalinity in my pee (sorry if offensive, or just gross ;) ), but no luck. At 53, I'm noticing the toll inflammation is taking on my body, and am buffering as best I'm able. Bike commuted Thursday + total gym, motorcycle commuted Friday, otherwise rest day. Today will be yoga day and walking.
    Beeps, I'm also planning to get a shingles vaccine. A neighbor got shingles, and it was horrible. Glad you're getting protected from that!
    Sdereski, hope your golf tournament was great.
    djproulx, bummer about NYC. Heat waves are brutal.
    Tomorrow is a day in the kayak on the ocean. I can't wait!
  • taitan2307
    taitan2307 Posts: 13 Member
    Turning 49 Had a major op. Recovering on the go. Picked up tons of weight in no time while on meds and binge eating. Down sizing for last month. Losing cm more than weight. On a calorie count diet more then a macro for now. Work out in various fields. Yesterday did 1 hr Tae No, Then treadmill 2km with leg weights and dumbbells Today a rest day Sunday shopping therapy. Leg muscles aching can barely bend. But that's a good sign. Tomorrow back on the ball. Have a Great Peaceful Day.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    I've been on a little break from lifting weight. Been dealing with some minor muscle pain. So I decided to walk more and work on my pace. The first goal was sub 16 minute miles. Did 4 miles at a 15:31 pace tonight. I'm pleased with that. Now onto sub 15 minute miles!

I am reminded again that is a great community. Thanks to everyone here for posting their workouts. You inspire me!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    The Breakfast Club, Island Edition:

Since it is very hot here this weekend, we combined our normal open water swim with a quick breakfast stop on the island that marks the halfway point of the swim. The only challenge is that after coffee and a few snacks, there is a 1600 yard return swim to get back to shore, lol.

Stay Cool, Kids.

6kjiyq1r865c.jpeg

• duichaser
    duichaser Posts: 172 Member
    Just wanted to jump in here and join all the cool kids! Will post more later.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Legs...with sandbags"=Done!
    TOTALLY able to get the bags up on either shoulder with NO stress on the left arm!!! next week starts PT on left arm! getting there! already signed up for an OCR for next year...PLANNING MORE!!!
  • sdereski
    Did a nice 14k hike on Saturday followed by a more difficult 5k hike on Sunday.
    Some beautiful scenery along the way.

5ngq4yeb2bx8.jpg

hfmhw2b52c0j.jpg

q7nxxm1luhu3.jpg

5c81ntebifdl.jpg