Replies

• justanotherjenn
    justanotherjenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Early Morning - Protein coffee
    Breakfast - Egg scramble w/cheese, ham, and shredded hashbrowns
    Lunch - Turkey sandwich w/avocado, crackers and laughing cow light cheese
    Dinner - Shrimp tacos
    Snack - Banana w/nut butter (I think macadamia nut butter)
  • ebeever115
    ebeever115 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - sausage, egg and cheese on a bagel thin
    Lunch - ham and cheese sandwich on whole grain bread
    Dinner - chicken breast stuffed with marinara and cheese, whole grain rice and salad
    Snack/dessert - 1 1/2 cups of mixed berries, grapes and kiwi, small bowl of peanut butter ripple ice cream
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    ....Yesterday was wild. B)

Breakfast: Coffee with creamer x2
    Snack: I think I had a small container of greek yogurt?
    Lunch: Going away lunch for a co-worker: 1/2 portion of "Pollo Campano"- chicken breast, noodles, sundried tomatoes, and mushrooms in a garlic sauce with a slice of Italian bread, also had a slice of a co-worker's Sicilian pizza.
    Dinner: Was SUPPOSED to be BBQ chicken thighs with homemade mac and cheese & green beans.... neither I or my boyfriend got home until nearly 8:30 soooo we went out with the intent of getting quick sushi..... somehow wound up getting a full on Hibachi thing (both of us still have 90% of this), a roll of sushi to split, and each of us had an egg sashimi as well as the normal miso and ginger salad that usually come with Hibachi stuff.
    12:30 am snack: Homemade lemon and coconut scone

Today:

Breakfast: Coffee with creamer, homemade lemon and coconut scone
    Snack: Celery with hummus
    Lunch: Other half of the pollo campano with a slice of Italian bread
    Dinner: Either 1/2 of the leftover hibachi or BBQ chicken thighs with green beans and mac and cheese.
    Dessert: Probably a cup of tea/coffee and another scone.
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    Options

Had to look up what "emmental" is and your entire day (as per usual) makes me think this:

giphy.gif

f2b1d422cb2267f084eab51902c5f12f.gif

Everything so good and that "Crazy Awesome Salad"...Just YUM, period.

:D I'm just like that when I browse over your meals as well! You have the most delicious set ups. By the way, I completely agree about beets. They're amazing. I would probably have them everyday if I could. I've never had Ethiopian food but you're making it sound so good. Also, yay for free ice cream!
  • umbramirror
    Options
    ....Yesterday was wild. B)

Breakfast: Coffee with creamer x2
    Snack: I think I had a small container of greek yogurt?
    Lunch: Going away lunch for a co-worker: 1/2 portion of "Pollo Campano"- chicken breast, noodles, sundried tomatoes, and mushrooms in a garlic sauce with a slice of Italian bread, also had a slice of a co-worker's Sicilian pizza.
    Dinner: Was SUPPOSED to be BBQ chicken thighs with homemade mac and cheese & green beans.... neither I or my boyfriend got home until nearly 8:30 soooo we went out with the intent of getting quick sushi..... somehow wound up getting a full on Hibachi thing (both of us still have 90% of this), a roll of sushi to split, and each of us had an egg sashimi as well as the normal miso and ginger salad that usually come with Hibachi stuff.
    12:30 am snack: Homemade lemon and coconut scone

Today:

Breakfast: Coffee with creamer, homemade lemon and coconut scone
    Snack: Celery with hummus
    Lunch: Other half of the pollo campano with a slice of Italian bread
    Dinner: Either 1/2 of the leftover hibachi or BBQ chicken thighs with green beans and mac and cheese.
    Dessert: Probably a cup of tea/coffee and another scone.

Damn girl that is wild, but hella delicious sounding! Seems like you had fun too. ;)
  • umbramirror
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Homemade pumpkin spice protein bar [inbetween HIIT and lifting]
    Well Well coconut chai protein beverage, Fage 2% Greek yogurt with sweet, dark cherries and paleo coconola [after lifting]; nitro cold brew

Lunch:
    Baby spinach leaves, roast beef, roasted carrots, beets with kale, sweet potato, and red bell peppers with a bit of tzatziki sauce on top; French lavender macaroon [Whole Foods]

Afternoon snack 1:
    Rise protein bar (chocolatey almond)

Afternoon snack 2:
    Protein superfood, frozen mango, and unsweetened soy milk blended together

Dinner:
    Omelet (2 eggs, 2 egg whites, broccoli florets, riced cauliflower, diced onions, and Sargento 4 state cheddar); 2 small squares of 88% dark chocolate

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Skyr with fresh strawberries and blueberries, coffee with half & half

Lunch: Cold roast chicken, southwest sweet potato salad (with black beans, red bell peppers, scallions, and corn), seltzer with lime

Dinner: Half a bucket of steamers with lemon and a bit of drawn butter, cole slaw, unsweetened ice tea

Post-dinner snack: 3 crostini and a sesame breadstick with St. Nectaire cheese, fresh apricot, glass of wine
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    2 cups emperor puh erh tea

Lunch:
    Patty melt, fries w/catsup, ice water to drink

Dinner:
    Avocado Caesar salad, trout almondine, sauteed baby bok choy

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    4 large milk chocolate covered pretzels, fresh mango
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

Had to look up what "emmental" is and your entire day (as per usual) makes me think this:

giphy.gif

f2b1d422cb2267f084eab51902c5f12f.gif

Everything so good and that "Crazy Awesome Salad"...Just YUM, period.

:D I'm just like that when I browse over your meals as well! You have the most delicious set ups. By the way, I completely agree about beets. They're amazing. I would probably have them everyday if I could. I've never had Ethiopian food but you're making it sound so good. Also, yay for free ice cream!

I'm new to Ethiopian food as well and it looks so very plain/simple, but is so very delicious and filling and different, I love it. Also, I meant to comment on your turtle ice cream treat. I LOVE turtles so much, when I was a child, a package of turtles was 15 cents (note this is the era of penny candy and back then 15 cents was SUPER EXPENSIVE for a kid's candy) and you only got two in a package and my friends thought I was so ridiculous and "snobby" to spend ALL of that money (15 whole cents) on two wee little pieces of candy. Turtles have always been one of my favorite all time candies and to read about the ice cream treat you had, made me mentally "drool".

Yesterday

Breakfast:
    whole bagel w/butter and ligonberry jellie, ice water to drink

Lunch:
    2 cups of milk oolong tea

Dinner: ETHIOPIAN (and it was SLAMMING)!
    my new love BEETS ( prepared in some weird and wonderful way, I love beets now, THANKS to Ethiopian food), cabbage and carrots, lentils (cooked and cold), spinach (prepared in some weird and wonderful and and I LOVE it), tomato & jalepeno pepper salad, yellow split peas, something else veggie/lentil I forget, SPICY chicken dish with boiled eggs in it called "doro wat" ...but it was soooooooo GOOD. All of this was eaten with "Injera" bread--it's a sponge like bread that you use as an "eating utensil of some sort and use it to pick up all the food and eat it--so weird and wonderful and MEGA FILLING to boot! Woooow, that after eating all of this, I felt like I just had a extra thanksgiving dinner and then some, so GOOD. ALL washed down with a can of ice cold gingerale...YUM!

Dessert and/or after dinner snack:
    was so full from dinner the handsome hubs and I when for a long after dinner stroll to "walk it off" so to speak. Afterwards, I asked my husband if he wanted an ice cream cone and he said no, he's still super full. We when to McDonald's to get my ice cream cone...BTW-my new favorite dessert is McDonald's vanilla ice cream cone. When I ordered mine, and my hubs was preparing to pay for it...she looked me up and down and guess what she said??!!??
    She said, I'm giving you this ice cream cone for FREE! I said, WHAT?!? Why? She said because I just want to. I said, no baby, that's okay and she said she's not taking the money, because she wants me to have it for free, just "because"!!!!!! Wow--Thank you Lord, SUCH favor He gives me with people ALL the time--YAY! So I got it for FREE and it was extra good. I also had mango as my late night snack.

Today:
    Breakfast:
    cup of coffee

Lunch:
    2 cups of milk oolong tea

Dinner:
    left over Ethiopian food, ice water to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    2 pomegranate Popsicles, cup of sunflower seeds, maybe some green and black olives

YUM! I love Ethiopian food, but the nearest place is 2 hours from me...may have to make a little road trip quite soon!

Also, love the free ice cream story. My husband and I were on vacation awhile ago and the girl at A&W was having a horrible time w/ another customer (in the drive thru) and she gave us free strawberry sundaes.

Seltz...it's SO worth a fun 2 hour drive to get some, it's so good. Again, such simple food but utterly yummy!
  • dkeofkfbdjsgdvfl
    dkeofkfbdjsgdvfl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Um...small can of red bull

Lunch: Yoghurt and...chocolate cake (it was at work and fit into my calories)

Snack: 3 Apricots

Dinner: Chili and Garlic marinaded Scampi with corn and mushrooms.

Dessert: Cottage Cheese with fruit preserve.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Other 1/2 of salmon hibachi
    Snack: Probably going to have a lemon and coconut scone, possibly with a cup of tea
    Dinner: Going out to Indian with some co-workers before we go bowling! Planning on getting whatever the spinach curry is called, probably with naan.
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting

“BREAKFAST” AT NOON: Brown Rice, sautéed red bell peppers, shrimp, green beans

SNACK: 2 plums

MEAL 1: 1 taco shell, ground turkey, salsa, avocado, romaine lettuce, cilantro lime vinaigrette dressing

SNACK: 14 Almonds 21 dark chocolate chips OR watermelon

MEAL 2: Protein Smoothie: protein, strawberries, chia seed, ground chia, hemp seeds, dark cocoa powder, almond butter, spinach, water

MEAL 3: chicken breast, broccoli, green beans

SNACK: Protein Shake

• Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - sprouted toast w/ mashed avocado & egg omelette, iced coffee w/ cream. Lunch - kale, spinach, mango, banana protein smoothie, Greek yogurt w/ strawberries. Snack - potato chips w/ salsa. Dinner - chicken thighs, grilled vegetable salad Snack - 2 yasso bars
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: chocolate chia pudding made with cacao nibs & unsweetened coconut milk, coffee

Lunch: lemon chicken (Chinese), a couple tablespoons of steamed rice and bowl of hot & sour soup

Snack: 3 biscoff cookies & grapefruit matcha tea

Dinner: 1 large chicken soft taco with lettuce, sour cream and tons of pico de gallo
  • umbramirror
    Options
    I'm new to Ethiopian food as well and it looks so very plain/simple, but is so very delicious and filling and different, I love it. Also, I meant to comment on your turtle ice cream treat. I LOVE turtles so much, when I was a child, a package of turtles was 15 cents (note this is the era of penny candy and back then 15 cents was SUPER EXPENSIVE for a kid's candy) and you only got two in a package and my friends thought I was so ridiculous and "snobby" to spend ALL of that money (15 whole cents) on two wee little pieces of candy. Turtles have always been one of my favorite all time candies and to read about the ice cream treat you had, made me mentally "drool".

I love this story. Thanks for bringing me back to those sweet, childhood moments. :)
  • umbramirror
    Options
    Breakfast:
    3 zucchini pumpkin protein superfood muffins with 1 tbsp peanut butter drizzled on top, and Siggi's 0% skyr with blueberries, strawberries, and paleo coconola; nitro cold brew

Lunch:
    Grilled chicken, bacon, gorgonzola, lettuce, and tomatoes in a whole wheat wrap; triple espresso with a little soy milk

Afternoon snack:
    1/2 of a Pressed by Kind bar (strawberry, apple, cherry, chia)

Dinner:
    Mini naan pizzas (2 mini naan, fig spread, prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, and arugula); 92% dark chocolate almond flour brownie
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

I love this story. Thanks for bringing me back to those sweet, childhood moments. :)

I agree! Such a great story.
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Early Morning - Protein coffee
    Breakfast - Egg scramble w/cheese, ham, and shredded hashbrowns
    Lunch - Turkey sandwich w/avocado, crackers and laughing cow light cheese
    Dinner - Shrimp tacos
    Snack - Banana w/nut butter (I think macadamia nut butter)

Protein coffee? Yes please!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    bowl of Rainer cherries and lots of ice water

Lunch:
    cup of emperor puh erh tea

Dinner:
    2 cheese enchiladas, Mexican rice and beans,glass of combo non-alcoholic (virgin) pina colada mixed with mango & strawberry daiquiri

After dinner dessert and/or late night snack:
    3 large chocolate covered pretzels, cup of coffee with cream
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

I agree! Such a great story.

My absolute pleasure and thank you ladies also, so very much for posting your meals--I LOVE it and it gives me so many new ideas on what to chow down on in the future!

Also, I forgot to mention to seltzermint555
    about the FREE ice cream sundae she got for free from someone who had a bad experience with a previous customer...maybe that may have been why this darling insisted she give me a FREE cone too, whatever the reason--wasn't it such a MARVELOUS surprise to be given a goodie for free?!? Wow, I'm still thinking about that!!!!