Starting for the 88th time.

Options

Replies

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    oh, my husband always shoves ice cream, cookies etc in my face & wants to share but am able to bypass it most of the time, wish he'd stop doing that
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    So, I have some exciting (well for me) news....twice yesterday and already once today, I caught myself thinking...."need to plan ahead, what are you going to eat". It has been so long since I've done that.
    Onward and downward everyone!!

Thanks @Evamutt . I am also sorry about your friend. Losses are hard, each with their own significance. I bet you do well today at your lunch. That is so sweet that you take a friend along who would not be able to join in without our help. I bet you have a special prayer and Bible study with your missing friend in mind. Peace of Christ be with all of you today.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Making my list now of meals for the weekend. Company is coming and I want to not be filled with junk food. Any good ideas of things to have on hand for snacks for guests that are healthy?
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    @AbandondedKSCharger Meal planning helps me cook at home, which is a double win of healthy and cheaper than eating out.

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    @AbandondedKSCharger -The every popular veggie tray. Fresh fruit is great this time of year. Shrimp ring seems elegant, but not that many calories.

I agree with @KCJen -with meal planning I cook at home, save money and eat better (despite all of my snacks!)
  • Me4now2Day
    Me4now2Day Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but I’m starting again for the 188th time and I’m determined to stick with this time. Looking for weight loss buddies for motivation and support too.
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    No shame in trying and failing, the shame is quiting o:)
  • Longing4Maui
    Longing4Maui Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone, trying to catch up on your posts over past few weeks. For some reason the community doesn’t always open for me, so I’m a bit sporadic on here. Just ‘keep on keeping on’ as they say. One day or even one hour at a time. June and beginning of July a bit harder for me with all the summer treats available out there; the only blessing keeping me from gaining is I am more active during the summer with my gardening and some swimming and such. The weekly loss has slowed down; but that’s ok, as long as still continues on the downward trek. I am also getting to the point where I see the progress and feel better, and getting some new clothes in smaller sizes—-but I don’t want to be content where I am as I still have a ways to go. Just keep reminding myself daily that I can do this, and you are all a part of the reason with your encouragement. For the ones ‘returning’, hang in there and take it a day at a time-for me planning is the key. I need to know ahead of time what I am going to eat for dinner and even snacks, then I get it logged and see if any calories left to then ‘pick’ something special. Weekends are the hardest, but staying on track M-F helps keep them in check.
  • ginnytez
    Options
    Beautiful shepherd!
  • Evamutt
    Options
    Happy Sunday to you all. For me it is an especially happy Sunday because I couldn't figure out why I've been feeling SO sluggish for so long. After my morning out with my dogs, I feel so dragged out, like I need a nap & it's been really hard going to the gym. I've been praying , asking what's going on & was going to make appointment with my Dr, but yesterday my daughter made me a cup of coffee & after drinking it I felt more like myself! I've cut way down on coffee(caffeine) some months ago due to health reasons, won't bore you with details & never went back after it was resolved. Iv been making coffee at home with mostly decaf & just a little regular all this time. I'm so thrilled I feel normal today & hope it will make a difference to lose weight. Do any of you eat more when you're sleepy, tired?
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone! May we all drink our water, stay within our calorie range, and complete our daily to-do list. :)
  • j1016g
    j1016g Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am so with you!!! I’ve gained all 50lbs back that I lost and it’s so frustrating so here is attemp #38492
  • ginnytez
    Options
    Morning all. No matter what time this may be for restarting, we can make it. Just try to log everyday and make small improvements each day. While I think weight loss is slow, I find I still lose weight more quickly than I gained it.
  • Evamutt
    Options
    j1016g wrote: »
    I am so with you!!! I’ve gained all 50lbs back that I lost and it’s so frustrating so here is attemp #38492
    what have you done to gain it back? It would be good to learn from each other. As I shared above, I was too sluggish to go to gym but now that Im back to drinking coffee I've been going & too much snacking, eating when I'm "starving" because I missed a meal due to not being home so over eating
  • ginnytez
    Options
    My regain started when logging stopped. Not as good at eyeballing portions as I thought!
  • tara_mcconnell
    tara_mcconnell Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I’m starting over as well, I haven’t counted how many times but it sure does feel like 88. Feel free to add me if you would like 😊
  • beauteeousness_365
    beauteeousness_365 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I feel like I’m starting over everyday 😂😂
  • ginnytez
    Options
    Well actually, we all start over every day!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Well actually, we all start over every day!

Amen to that!