Things people say when you lose weight

Replies

• Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    @Deanner03 -- I'll tell you too: you should splurge now and then. It's good for the psyche. But yeah, not all the time! It looks like you've been on your journey for a while, so you already know this, and you certainly allow yourself a splurge from time to time. Way to go!

I totally do it from time to time. They say this almost every day! They mean well, but they're killing me!
  • LouVee186000
    LouVee186000 Posts: 81 Member
    rlfrausto wrote: »
    I have lost about 16 pounds, not much but not a word from any one. I am happy with the loss.

I get that -- it wasn't until I hit the 50 lb mark that I started getting a few comments at the office. I figured by that time nobody was going to say anything, which was fine by me. (And when they asked me "how much have you lost" I didn't give a number, I just said "a lot.")

• LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    What I'm finding interesting these days is talking to people who didn't know me in the 'before' days. They all assume that I can't understand the trials and tribulations of dieting, on the grounds that I'm 'lovely and slim'. Even when I tell them I used to be very fat, they tend to assume I mean a few vanity pounds.

There does seem to be a general unconscious assumption in society that those who are slim have always been and will always be so, and those who are fat have always been and will always be so. This strikes me as... unhelpful.

Oh, yes!! People never believe me that I used to be almost 60 lbs heavier. ESPECIALLY because I'm blessed with awesome genetics and have no loose skin to speak of, just stretch marks.

I'll show them old pictures and they just squint at it and say, "That's not even you, that doesn't look like you."

Well, no kidding. Lose over 50 lbs and someone's face is DEFINITELY not going to look the same 😂

• Lizeth_Chavez_10
    Lizeth_Chavez_10 Posts: 2 Member
    A couple years ago I dropped some weight and people started telling me I was looking sick. It really pissed me off at that time but now I gained back some weight and I see my old picks and wow I really looked sick lol.

PS: would you mind sending me a friend request? I can't find the way to add friends
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,156 Member
    @Lizeth_Chavez_10 - to add friends on a PC, click on a user's icon/name/image. A window will pop up. Click on the person's name. Their profile will come up, and there will be three buttons -- Send Message, Add as Friend, and View Diary (if that person's diary is public). You can guess which button to click.

Add a little message to the person explaining why you'd like to add them as a friend.

Glad you don't look sick anymore. I got pretty trim last summer, but never looked sick.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!