What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Arm weight training and some ab HIIT

10 minute elliptical interval warm up (upped a level!)

25 minute bike ride at hard intervals that focused on getting my heart rate up above 175 every other minute. I upped several levels from the last time I did this

4x500m row with 30 second rests in between as hard as possible. PR by 45 seconds today!

8 min elliptical interval cool down (ymca was about to close so I had to cut it short)

I didn’t focus on miles today-but heart rate and pushing to the red zone hard—lots of sweat! My knee is feeling better but not 100%

Total workout time: 75 min
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    That’s a “beastly” workout @lg013, you obviously have a good training ethic. Keep up the good work and keep marching forward!
  • lg013
    Options
    That’s a “beastly” workout @lg013, you obviously have a good training ethic. Keep up the good work and keep marching forward!

Thanks! The more it looks like I’ve peed myself, the more I’ve gotten up in that zone! Today was a serious contender for looking like I need to invest in some depends! 😂
  • warukimedesu
    warukimedesu Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A 50km bike ride this morning. And I've already eaten 1500 cals before 2pm. I think I'm going to be very hungry this evening.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 998 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Yesterday, I played with weights:
    Warm up 40 kettlebell swings, 24k.
    Squat, 80 kgs, 4 sets of 5.
    Bench, 50kgs, 5 sets of 5.
    Facepulls.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    60 minute Krav Maga conditioning class. Non stop work but SO much fun!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    5 miles cycling to and from bootcamp

50min bootcamp, involved a lot of running along with trx exercises (shoulder press, sprint starts, feet elevated press ups, tricep extensions, squat jumps, etc.) Plus cardio exercises.

Oh and ten pin bowling with my boys
  • CheerMom715
    CheerMom715 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    45 minutes jog/walk interval on treadmill incline
    Dumbbell shoulder, bicep and tricep sets (10lb)
    Leg Press. 115 lbs
    Incline Press 40 lbs
    Seated Row 40 lbs

I'm just starting back to the gym. I decided that I needed to incorporate strength training the way I used to, it's the only thing that will change my body.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    9km in a 4 setting 2 seat. I think it's my race line up for next weekend's regatta - "think" being the key word. Felt okish - nothing to write home about.
  • MrsReeves711
    MrsReeves711 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My workout today! It was awesome!
  • MrsReeves711
    MrsReeves711 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    b3um3pmjsahc.jpeg
  • lg013
    Options
    Today’s aim was to keep a steady heart rate of 155-170 no breaks between machine swaps

Warm up-15 AB HIIT exercise, 2 circuits, just not at HIIT heart rate
    Round 1
    12 min on the elliptical at high interval
    12 min on the bike at a stead high resistance
    Round 2
    12 min on the elliptical at high interval
    12 min on the bike at a stead high resistance
    2x1250 m row middle resistance and fast as possible
    45 min on elliptical at 1 interval level down
    Workout time: 119 minutes

Didn’t push into the zone to give myself an easier day today, but on an endorphin high and wanted to keep going! Knee feels great and going to hit the treadmill again today

• staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Walking about 19k steps around Paris and then running 5.75km along the streets near where we're staying.
  • lg013
    Options
    Walking about 19k steps around Paris and then running 5.75km along the streets near where we're staying.

Woo! Enjoy Paris!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,761 Member
    Options
    Saturday: 8.1k rowing the double. We did a little loop-back to look for Fran, who was rowing my single. She's a wonderful rower, but hadn't been in a single for a year. We thought, given how strong she is (despite being tiny - NCAA div III coxswain - and young) she should've appeared around the bend sooner. I'm some kind of crazy anxious auntie den mother type, on the water, with my group! Want all the people safe, and even the best rowers flip, now and then. (She was fine. :) )
  • aokoye
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Saturday: 8.1k rowing the double. We did a little loop-back to look for Fran, who was rowing my single. She's a wonderful rower, but hadn't been in a single for a year. We thought, given how strong she is (despite being tiny - NCAA div III coxswain - and young) she should've appeared around the bend sooner. I'm some kind of crazy anxious auntie den mother type, on the water, with my group! Want all the people safe, and even the best rowers flip, now and then. (She was fine. :) )

That reminds me of one of the sculling coaches who was filling in for my main sweep coach last Thursday. She initially put two very experienced rowers in a pair and after said rowers talked for all of a few minutes they decided to just take out their singles. The coach, who hadn't heard them talking, was like "also I'll need to check on the pair because really I would prefer they not flip." Needless to say, she was relieved when I told her that they had decided to take out their singles. :D
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,761 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »

That reminds me of one of the sculling coaches who was filling in for my main sweep coach last Thursday. She initially put two very experienced rowers in a pair and after said rowers talked for all of a few minutes they decided to just take out their singles. The coach, who hadn't heard them talking, was like "also I'll need to check on the pair because really I would prefer they not flip." Needless to say, she was relieved when I told her that they had decided to take out their singles. :D

Pairs are . . . challenging. ;)

Not as bad as I'd anticipated, though.
  • aokoye
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »

Pairs are . . . challenging. ;)

Not as bad as I'd anticipated, though.

Yeah everyone tells me it's not as bad as they thought. I might try to row in one next year at the sculling picnic. Yes sculling, but the pair typically gets brought as well.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    7/27/2019 - late afternoon.

Walk 1.0 mile in 18:34.

Run fast 0:30 walk 2:30 relaxing recovery for 4 rounds = 0.83 miles in 12:00 - run fast splits mile pace equivalents were 6:44 - 6:34 - 6:16 - 6:04.

Walk 0.53 mile in 10:11.

Excited about tomorrow’s Wharf to Wharf 2019. Should be about 16,000 runners. Ran it last over 20 years ago with my son who was a high school cross country and track athlete. He placed in top 100 while I ran about a 7:20 mile pace.

Updated goal for tomorrow is 52:00 or 8:40 mile pace. Original goal, months ago, was 54:00 or 9:00 mile pace.
  • FitAddiction9
    FitAddiction9 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Full body workout today. Plus 25 minutes of cardio. All in time of 127 minutes in the gym. Let’s goooooo.