WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather I am so tickled about "bury the body friends". Perfect description for those few dear individuals.

Barbara Yes! The main issue we are worried about is that my stepdaughter will have weak legal standing in a custody battle in France. The in-laws are not nefarious, but of course they would use the legal system to their advantage to help their son keep the children there. They are wealthy and well-connected. If my stepdaughter lost custody of the children, it would cause her extreme mental anguish. That's what we are most worried about. Of course, at this point, that's all just a made-up story.

Karen in Virginia
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Karen- sure his family had similar fears when he moved to the USA. Hopefully they’ll be happily married forever ♾. Even in the USA you can loose custody to a foreign parent.Look at Pro Golfer Tiger Woods his wife from Sweden got custody. Kelly Rutherford husband got custody they live in Germany she’s in NewYork the USA made this decision. Scary but just have to hope theirs no divorce in any country. Some even stay in the country to be near the kids after a divorce if possible dual or full citizenship. I have a lot of family who gave up Their Homeland to marry if a spouse dies same issues of stay or go.What do you do for support?

Amber Tx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @machka you usually put on about one pound when? at menopause?
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Health
    1. Write what I'm grateful for here daily x✔️
    2. At least 30 min exercise 6 days a week xx
    3.Track all xx
    4. Five minutes meditation 5 days a week xx
    5. Average 1100 calories net ??
    6. Lose 1-2 kilos maybe .5 k?
    7. Take measurements every 2 weeks (?) x
    8. Go to free coaching session ✔️
    9. Try one class per week at gym. Try different classes. went 1x in month
    11. Use city bike 1x a week . 0
    12. eat fresh leafy greens 4 days a week xx

Long term writing
    12. Spend at least 2h/day on long term writing project average 0
    13. Produce at least 3 rough pages per day average 0

Home
    14. Average at least 15 min/day of cleaning ✔️x

Paper
    15. Make a list of short term tasks,x etc and prioritise them, x and do them didn't list, did some ✔️✔️✔️✔️
    16. Take care of at least 2 short term (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill per week ✔️✔️
    17. Taxes 0
    18. 1 h per week filing 0

Art
    19. 1 hour on art project (other than sketching) per week 0

Work
    20. do one work-related thing per week other than the above, to progress (I have to network and take initiative etc, in my job and I haven't been doing so much since focusing on thesis) ✔️✔️

Remaining from May to do in July : Make appointment with dentist 2

Grateful:
    -pleasant weather
    - work doctor
    - balcony
    - quiet
    - lawyers' assistants
    - café
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    I don't think I missed any personals. just vegging.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    6cdftc1iby45.jpeg
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,411 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka: Since our days are now subtly shorter I imagine yours may be getting subtly longer. Waay back when—for a while after DST was introduced in our state Portland went for DST, Salem went for standard time and all the little towns in between went half way. Either way, my parents smoked in the car with the windows up. :grumble:

(((NYKaren)))

Lanette: Since carbs include starches, I don’t feel well enough educated to speak about them in general. Sugar can be inflammatory. I’m a coffee-holic, and switched to stevia quite a while ago. It seems like that reduced inflammation noticeably. :star:

Yoga today was delightful and we’ve had a bunch of photos from our son that are full of grandson photos. Wonderful!!!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Well I am trying to get back in the swing of things. Just feeling out of touch. Weigh in this morning I am down .9 for the month. Which is better then a gain. I have joined the wellness center here at work and plan is to go down and ride the bike and walk on the treadmill today when I get off.
    My DH is the one that knows people everywhere and loves to talk. I always tell people I do not have to be social as he does it for both of us. I know it is because of his job. After I talk on the phone dealing with people for 8 hours a day I am ready to go home and just be there.
    My hide the body friend had a stroke a little over a year ago and is not the same. I love her and go visit often just can not have much to talk about as she doesn't remember and doesn't understand. I miss her a lot. I have one other friend I talk to most everyday and we are pretty close.
    As for the holidays. My DS usually has us over for Christmas eve. And since the kids are grown up we can not make them get a long so we have to do different days with different kids.
    Well ladies about all for now. Another hot and muggy day.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    HEllo, my name is KElly and I am an extroverted introvert. In my childhood, I was extremely introverted. Quiet, shy, book reader, piano player (but not performer). In my teen years I pushed myself into extroversion. I have a definite memory of thinking my two sisters (both extremely extroverted) were getting all of the attention and put myself out there. I joined clubs and activities in school. Had four very close friends that I did things with on weekends. I dated. A LOT. (gotta kiss a few toads to find the prince, was my motto) As I have gotten older, being extroverted has gotten easier. I do need my alone time, but I do okay with just an hour or two a week. I DO get energy from others. I especially like being around highly energetic people; I find that very motivating. My daughter is an extreme extrovert, lots of energy; but also high stress and high anxiety. She wears me out. Still. She married an introvert (as did I). Getting older, I am finding it harder to be married to an introvert. Earlier in our marriage, I had the kids to keep me busy and "out there". But as we get older, it is just Tim and I. He doesn't want to do anything. I understand that it is largely due to the pain he is in; but some days I want to clunk him over the head with a frying pan. I do have a hide the body friend. lol *sigh* I love him, but he is just a pill sometimes. HOnestly, I think some mj would do him a world of good. With or without the thc. Ah well, I better scoot. Naptime is almost over and I have strawberries to prep for snack. ttfn xoxoxo KJ(Kelly)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,407 Member
    Options
    I have at least 2, possibly 4 "bury the body" girlfriends. I treasure them. My BFF's DH even has a backhoe and many acres of forest land. I know how to pick them, right? LOL!

Karen in VA - The fact that the grandkids might end up permanently in France never occurred to me. Good thing to know - is stepdaughter aware? I know it's a hard thing to bring up without sounding over-worried and negative. Of course, planning a trip to France wouldn't be all bad. For those of you with grandkids miles and miles away that you don't see that often, they might as well be in France. B)

OK so back from the doc. Looks like I have a little hernia above the belly button. Doesn't look like intestines are squishing thru, just fat and/or fluid. For you medical types, this is what was on the report they released to me - my doc's had more detail: Symptomatic area is hypoechoic, suggesting edematous fat and/or small fluid collection. No incarceration of bowel is appreciated. No shadowing foreign body.

It's right where the surgeon made the incision for my gall bladder surgery 7 years ago. My doc is making an appointment for me to go see him.

If I continue on low-carb and eliminate a few pounds of the belly fat, I'm hoping it will resolve itself. Will know more after that appointment. I weigh 15 pounds less than I did when he operated 7 years ago, so I'm curious as to what's up other than menopause which has been moving fat into that area.

DH is a little worried that I'll need surgery but I told him not to fret. Wills and power of attorney are all set up. Financial stuff easy to find.

So that's the scoop!

Make it a great afternoon, ladies! <3

Lanette
    Warm (75f) & sunny SW WA State
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    Talked to my Cardiologist’s nurse twice this week. Said I don’t need appointment with him, that my PC is doing right. Wants me to keep monitoring my BP. I’ve been on 25 instead of 50 of losarten this week and noticed a difference the first day. BP has been a little low but still good so far.

DH on the other hand has a hernia that developed. Both of us going for check ups on the first. I should be good. DH though will need surgery again. Just had one repeated last year!

RV Rita
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,787 Member
    Options
    hanging in the a.c. with Alfie until it is time to go feed DFIL. and then going to my friends band playing down at the riverfront park. have my cooler packed with a few spiked drinks but bottled water and my dinner /snacks for the evening..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    Hello! :D
    Back from my reunion. Very tired. (Social introvert)
    Will write more tomorrow, but it all went well. A good day.
    There will be a group photo, but I'm waiting for the email.
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    e700lc5be12k.jpeg
    Made 200cal spaghetti noodles used 90cal Prego meat sauce y 2 -15cal Parmesan cheese 🧀 servings one on the salad 🥗.
    0cal Walden Farms Chipotle Ranch dressing on mixed lettuce bag mix.4 Oz tea y water

Just needed carbs!!!

Gave JR shredded cheese 🧀,potatoe chips, y spaghetti 🍝.Trying to get him to try spaghetti not our first or 50th try! It’s getting snubbed he’s calling it Messy messy messy.He finding it to be a fun toy 🧸 not yum yum 😋 even tho he saying yum yum but not eating it at all.

Amber Tx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,328 Member
    Options
    ☘️