JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    This Woman made my day!
    uaqt70xbmxa1.jpeg

Amber Tx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Well I'm in bed and relaxing night night all. Will check in the am for our fearless leader Barbies new thread xoxo
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    9eevc7at39qk.jpeg
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    lm63ykpkoidf.jpg
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    pvig554io43z.jpg

cdrrti8nay2j.jpg

• coastalgosgal
    Options
    jqfjfj5j8whr.jpg
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Yesterday a Reiki practitioner came to our home and used her hands and knowledge to catalyze more healing in my feet, especially the left one. As she was zapping me with energy, most of my body was feeling the surge. But the left foot was stagnant. We kept at it, and by the time she left, it was better. When I got up today, the pain and stiffness was greatly minimized. I've been zooming around all day, and haven't even noticed it. Ah-maaaze-ing. I'm not surprised. Martina, the Reiki master, comes from long line of female healers in Ireland, and has honed her skills over 25 years. Now DH wants to try Reiki, so I think I'll have her work on us back-to-back one day soon. Here is a link for anyone who would like to know more about Reiki.

https://wholepersonhealth.com/services/reiki/

The lovely lady who recommended Martina to me is a new acquaintance who I've chatted with a handful of times in the gym and pool. Today I invited her to lunch to thank her for the referral, and we are getting together this Friday.

I don't think I set goals for July, but like Lisa, to be lighter is always a goal. I have been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds for the month. Can't get emotional about it. Will keep smiling and keeping on.

Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

• pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

day 8 (mon-fri)
    no gym workout

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.53min, 13.6amph, 139mhr, 1.56mi= 75c
    apple watch- 63c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station- 48.50min, 14.5amph, 146mhr, 11.81mi= 526c
    apple watch- 452c
    jog station 2 wrk- 4.43min, 149mhr, 9.50min mi, .48mi= 70c
    apple watch- 56c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.08min, 151mhr, 9.14min mi, .44mi= 76c
    apple watch- 74c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.40min 9.1amph, 156mhr, 2.52mi= 194c
    apple watch- 142c

total cal 941
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Didn't set specific goals for month. Like most, I wanted to be lighter and lost a bit over three pounds (was on vacation one week, so not bad). Have done more decluttering. House is much tidier. Started regular schedule for weights and kept up walking. Going to try to do more of the same for August.

@coastalgosgal - love the cat pics.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Our plants are looking good
    This is amazing, cuz we don’t have great success
    7dmv3k5xu817.jpeg
    xn209zg7jadn.jpeg
    mlmbphcp1fdn.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    Options
    y9rg3tccayfj.jpeg
    s7kzlav71tyk.jpeg
    sc8ui5oczcbp.jpeg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :'( My computer won't connect to the interent but I was able to post the new thread for August from my phone but I don't know how to post the link.

:) I hope one of you will find the new thread and post the link so everyone can find it?
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Kelly – what is the age range of your day care kids?

Heather – Oh dear what a drag that they had not realized earlier. Some of our banks offer something called a “safe deposit box” it’s at the bank and is a locked box you pay for. You have one key the bank the other, it takes both keys to open, they come in various sizes and perfect for something like a passport that you do not need everyday. My current bank doesn’t have them, but my previous bank did and they were $60 a year for the smallest size which was all the space I needed. They may have these in Britain and I may be sounding crazy! But if they do it might be a good idea for some very important papers. In the states your passport would be a good item to use to begin to steal someone’s identity. Congratulations to DH!

Carol –great looking grands!!!

Rori – great news for you and maybe some help for DH

Kim from N. California
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,886 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :'( My computer won't connect to the interent but I was able to post the new thread for August from my phone but I don't know how to post the link.

:) I hope one of you will find the new thread and post the link so everyone can find it?

August Link: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10757359/women-ages-50-for-august-2019#latest

July is DONE, August has BEGUN! :)
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Thanks for starting us @Barbiecat

August goals

HEALTH :

Thoughts
    1. Write what I'm grateful for daily, here or elsewhere
    2. Five minutes meditation 4 days a week ✔️
    3. Write feelings here or somewhere

Movement
    5. At least 30 min exercise 6 days a week ✔️
    6. Go to gym 2x a week
    7. Use city bike 1x

Eating
    8. Track all
    9. average less than 100 carbs per day
    10. Take measurements 1x
    11. Eat fresh leafy greens 2x a week

Eating and movement
    13. Lose a kilo (from average 59.13 over past 7 days on Aug 1)

LONG TERM WRITING
    12. 15 min a day
    13. Produce at least 1 rough page per day

HOME
    14. Average at least 15 min/day of cleaning

HOME AND PAPER
    15. 15 min/day paperwork most days

PAPER
    17. taxes done
    18. pay 1 bill per week ✔️

remaining from may see dentist 2

Grateful:
    sun on my back and shoulders
    reasonably priced doctor
    decent doctor assessment
    coverage for some medicines
    hammock
    legs that walk
    electric fan
    café
    pens

I am still not feeling great. It felt good to get a tiny bit of paperwork done. Painter is coming by today to do estimate of bathroom that suffered water-damage from a leak above. The insurance covers it.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    4tjumfkcypvz.png
    from yesterday
  • pipcd34
    Options
    exermom i had to go back 2c who had pink glasses. that's a friend that takes care of my kids (dogs) when we leave out of town or whenever we need her. we've got to be good friends. she's the best. her name is Numia
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

..... as long as I remain within my normal BMI range, it's all good. No stress. Right now I've eased into overweight, so I'm working a little bit harder to get back into the normal range. :)

M in Oz
    No longer have TOM, but I’m a bit the same after holidays. I think it’s a combination of being less strict, and sodium from eating out that dies it.

My digital scale had popped up into the ‘overfat’ zone when I came home last Saturday, but I am already back down into the normal range again. By the way, I don’t use the old BMI calculator anymore, but use one that takes age/height/build into account.

My digital scale also tells me that my muscle mass has increased over 3% in the last 6 weeks, which gives me great satisfaction after all the strength work I have been doing.

Barbara: Oooo! Power Tools! I have always loved them gadgets. Stems from when I would be daddy’s little helper as a girl! Big brother was bookish as a boy, but he ended up as an engineer in the army. Go figure!