Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Kayla-My oldest daughter and her 2 children (boy and girl)live in Nebraska.We haven’t seen them in 5 years and probably won’t.We can’t afford to travel and her husband doesn’t like us.He has paid his parents to fly out and visit,as well as given them money while they are there.
    Debby I’m Va
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,766 Member
    Options
    I am sitting in a quiet movie theater.. bu myself for right now.. but took myself to see the lion king.. the original is my favorite but want to see how this one fairs for myself.. was going to take Taliah with me but she wants to see it with her family.. meaning mom and dad..I did bring ear plugs just in case it gets a little loud..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,315 Member
    Options
    Katla - I know how lucky I am. I can't think of anywhere better to live than Hove and it happens to be the place where my grandchildren live. When we moved here we said it had to be for us, not just for the grandkids. I do feel for you. <3
    If I were you I would fly there by myself, come what may. I know it is difficult, but care can be arranged for your DH. But I am not you. <3 I would not move from a place I love. I would put my foot down with my DH. You need to see your grandchildren.
    With a lot of love, Heather UK XXXXXX
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    August goals
    ✔️ = 1 day in the week
    HEALTH :

Thoughts
    1. Write what I'm grateful for daily, here or elsewhere ✔️✔️✔️✔️
    2. Five minutes meditation 4 days a week ✔️
    3. Write feelings here or somewhere ✔️✔️✔️✔️

Movement
    5. At least 30 min exercise 6 days a week ✔️✔️✔️✔️
    6. Go to gym 2x a week ✔️
    7. Use city bike 1x

Eating
    8. Track all ✔️✔️
    9. average less than 100 carbs per day ✔️
    10. Take measurements 1x
    11. Eat fresh leafy greens 2x a week

Eating and movement
    13. Lose a kilo (from average 59.13 over past 7 days on Aug 1)

LONG TERM WRITING
    12. 15 min a day ✔️
    13. Produce at least 1 rough page per day

HOME
    14. Average at least 15 min/day of cleaning ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

HOME AND PAPER
    15. 15 min/day paperwork most days ✔️✔️

PAPER
    17. taxes done
    18. pay 1 bill per week ✔️

remaining from may see dentist 2

Grateful:
    mild weather in morning and evening
    coconut water

Challenges: low carbs and calories

Accomplishments or successes: walked a bit today

Feel carpy again today. went to see a friend out of town w little picnic. it was fine but I felt sh!tty coming back. don't know why. she's an old neighbour from long ago. we lost touch and then caught up again and meet one or two times a year.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @auntiebk I'm so sorry.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    MoMo in Alberta, welcome! Sounds like you've got a plan.

Still cooling down from a couple hours of using the walk-behind trimmer. Takes me nearly an hour for my core temperature to get down to the point where I can take a shower without ruining it by sweating some more afterward. Someone asked if there's a shift in elevation in my yard, and the short answer is "yes." According to the Fitbit, I not only walked 8,000 steps and burned 300+ calories, I also walked up six flights of stairs. And I was only trimming the back yard! :smiley: Tomorrow is exactly six months since the knee replacement, so I feel fortunate indeed to be this operational. Many aren't.

Starting to feel like I've stopped exuding sweat, and starting to catch a chill in the A/C, so time to jump in a tepid shower!

The other Fitbit surprise for me was that my activity was 195% higher in the last seven days than my average over the last 28... while I was not shocked, I was surprised that Fiona von Fitbit actually tracks that. :) Spiffy!

Love y'all,
    Lisa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,914 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,648 Member
    Options
    n5y59ex0nv12.jpeg
    Old pic- sorry if u r grosses out
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Great lunch today! I steamed some broccolini and zucchini and hubs finished them on the charcoal grill along with some tuna. Soooo very good. I had logged mine for lunch, but couldn't eat it all so I got 1/2 for lunch and 1/2 for dinner! It was just as good the second time!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Heather - I too need a sparkly dress, but mine is for Halloween. I think I will hit some thrift stores and see if I get lucky. Since it is a costume, I don't want to spend a lot. I hope your dress fits you perfectly the first try!

Okie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,766 Member
    Options
    back from Lion King.. computer imaging is crazy good ,it was a great movie in my opinion...
    made the bed up fresh sheets so will be nice to sleep in.. and i read on facebook saying if you have a few pistashio's (sp) before bed they are the highest in melatonin...well haven't heard anything from the boss we shall see what tomorrow brings... ugh
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Pip- Omg that looks so painful!! Get Well
    Amber Tx
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Mia it is so wonderful to see your post. I think of you so often. <3

Janetr OKC
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Margaret, congrats to your son, one year sober is a HUGE accomplishment.
    Heather, congrats to your son, who has also turned his life around. And how could anyone possibly be fed up with your pics! I love the one of all of you at the parade, so much joy is in evidence on your faces!
    Machka, good for you for realizing that sometimes we need to dial it back a bit and take care of us!
    Lanette, If something happens to DH I'll go onto that Farm matchmaking site and connect with an old geezer who drives a pickup and has a tractor lol Hope that works out for you! :D
    Ginnytez, Pets become part of our family. As much as I complain about my two cats, I will no doubt be devastated when they go, but I won't let them go on suffering. You are absolutely right, it's just not fair to the pets to make them be in pain. When we lost our last one, we decided we wouldn't get any more pets, I do miss the cuddles, but really don't miss the litter box.....
    Katla, that was so very rude of that eye doctor, hubby would not have waited, he would have left, and not quietly!
    Pip, Oh My! That doesn't look good, what had happened?
    Meg and Mia, you both should know that it doesn't take long for us to get an extraordinary amount of posts done! lol Mia, you are absolutely right, we are a bunch of chatty Cathy's! :D
    Meg, drive carefully! That sounds like quite the trek, I hope it all goes well for you.
    Well, I have been fairly faithful in the logging department so far this month. It hasn't all been pretty, but it's at least being done. Yesterday after work I stopped and grabbed us pizza for dinner as I had a lacrosse game to go watch and just wouldn't have had time to do dinner. I really enjoyed it! I was smart enough to brush my teeth after that, so when I got home I didn't have any urges to snack and the scale rewarded me! I have also started riding my bike back and forth to work (10k one way-about 6 miles) and I am enjoying it. I know this is nothing like the rides that Machka does, but a bit at a time! I didn't ride on Sat tho, as I would not have had enough time. I won't be riding year round, but intend to take full advantage of the nice long summer days! Funny story about when I went to have my shower Fri night, it had rained Thursday night so everything was a bit damp in the morning when I was going to work and it was kind of windy on the way home. When I was getting ready for my shower, I took off my bra and there was a tree needle stuck to my b00b! lol I never felt a thing as it was a flatish needle, so it didn't poke or anything. I just wonder how long it had been there! Oh well, could be worse.
    That's it for me for now, hope everyone has a great day!
    Hugs to those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island