pip - LOL you even look great "blowing chunks" LOL
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    It is hard for me to find humor in your hat because I have a son who is an alcoholic. When the alcohol combines with his mental illness it is a disaster.

I do have an occasional drink. DH has a drink with his meal. Because of my son I do lose my sense of humor when people make fun of drinking too much. Alcohol has caused too much pain in my family.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Barbara, I'm so sorry to hear about Scooter. So hard to lose our furbabies....
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Karen - Your fun day with your granddaughter sounds wonderful! :D That's why I love our one to one days with the a grandchild so much. The whole day is transformed by their fresh vision and appetite for life. Every step is an adventure.
    Plus you get the love and the hugs. :D Having all three at once is lovely, but knackering. :o
    I was explaining diabetes to Edie the other day. That was fun. <3 The ex nanny's brother, aged 14, has just been diagnosed. We share a great interest in medical matters.

Margaret <3 I drink, probably a bit too much, :embarassed: but I know alcohol is not a laughing matter for so many. My son nearly lost his job, his family and everything. Luckily he was able to stop. One day at a time.
    I'm going to have an alcohol free day today as you have reminded me.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Barbara - So sorry about Scooter. <3<3<3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,105 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Karen: A blissful day that your granddaughter will treasure.
    Ginger: Bagging me one of those guilt-free days today. They say 'Old habits die hard' but I believe new habits can be stronger. I am also still doing my morning workout and my normal clean as I go routine. Hope your tummy settles.
    Connie: Bra expedition: 😂 😂 😂 And congrats on the lower sizes.
    Barbara: So sorry about Scooter. Our fur babies are precious to us. (((Hugs)))

I'm a happy bunny!

UTC.gif

Spent Friday afternoon boating, and yesterday afternoon at Belfast Pride with my youngest girl.
    Today I will spend the afternoon visiting my eldest girl and her boys.

(((Hugs))) to those who needed them. Have a Blessed Sunday. 🕊💐

☘️ Terri
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    morning I am up and having my tea....
    I have not heard from my boss that is either good or bad, right now they are concentrating on getting our office together.. it has looked like a chop shop for a month , holes in the ceiling.. everything half done..its a mess...
    today I will do laundry and work around the house...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    :cry:
    After Scooter fell trying to get over the threshold, and got stuck trying to go through the coffee wagon instead of going around the chairs, Joe and I have made the sad decision to call the vet and schedule his transition next week. He's not in great pain, but lost, confused and forgetting where to go. Joe's been carrying him down the steps 7-10 times a day. I've been praying he'd be taken in his sleep, but that apparently is not to be. He would have been 15 in October.
    fidqjcxodiv6.jpg
    8k9qft2qf0rc.jpg
    i4rdy7pntqvy.jpg
    d8idt2i6qt5p.jpg

Sorry to end on such a sad note.
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for August: gratitude.

So sorry. {{Hug}}

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Barbara- I'm so sorry... and no need to apologize. We bring our whole selves to this place, it's important to have someplace we can do that.

Love,
    Lisa in Arkansas
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Barbara it is so sad when we lose our furbabies, gutwrenching..
    but I know when we pass they will all be waiting for us and run to us and we will get those furry kisses we have missed.. sending you gentle hugs and condolences xoxox
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    As to wearing white - :D I never wear all white IRL. It was purely as a costume for Pride. I was also wearing diamanté drop earrings and a sparkly crystal necklace, not my usual attire on a Saturday morning. I spend my life in exercise clothes!
    I took it off the moment I got home. :p
    However it did survive sitting on the shingle beach on a towel :o AND a chocolate ice cream cone, which I wrapped in lots of paper napkins. I was amazed I got through that!
    I do have a couple of white, long sleeved t shirts that I wear once a year. I do think it looks 'special'. When I was fat I wouldn't wear white. Now the main problem is what to wear underneath. I don't normally wear a bra, but I did yesterday for decency's sake. I also bought white knickers specially when I bought the white pants.
    Definitely a special occasion colour!

Just heard a friend I was at uni with, and whom I helped through her breast cancer when she got it after me, has just had to have a colostomy for bowel cancer. Plus more discovered. Make the most of every single day folks. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbara I'm really really sad about Scooter.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Make the most of everyday.

Karen VA really fun to hear of your day with your DGD. Sometimes the loveliest days are the unplanned ones.

Connie happy for you to have such a Lucky time at the bra store not just cause you won...your NSV really puts it over the top. WTG

Barbara. ((( <3 )))

Off to my Sunday walk with bff who I will treasure

NYKAREN

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Barbara - So sorry to hear about Scooter. Big hugs!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Connie ~ Excellent bra shopping experience. Congrats on your smaller size!

Barbara ~ So sad for you regarding Scooter. Losing a beloved pet is so hard.

Keytone Karen ~ So glad you had a wonderful day with your granddaughter.

Lanette & Katla ~ I had to go read up about llamas. Did not realize they were domesticated. Such interesting creatures.

NY Karen ~ Your daughter is beautiful and looks so confident!

Carol in GA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,105 Member
    Options
    ☘️