WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Katla - your description of Arrow getting spooked by sheep sent me down memory lane. When we had the farm, we had sheep and a couple guardian llamas. Llamas are very curious by nature and also kind of whinney like a horse.

Lanette

Tasmania has roughly 2.2 million sheep, and alpacas (slightly different from llamas) and sheep are often together here.

When we cycle in the countryside, the sheep will run away but the alpacas are usually curious. :)

M in Oz

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,093 Member
    Options
    Barbara so sorry about you furbaby.

Heather proud of your son. Our son is 1 year sober.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    No energy today. Was going to do all sorts of exercise this weekend, but nope. I guess sometimes I need to rest.

I did, however, get several other non-energetic things done.

Back to work on Monday (tomorrow).

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    back from feeding DFIL .
    He was HUNGRY he ate 2 protein cookies and a milk shake before breakfast and waffles and coffee and his ice cream with meds.. threw laundry in before I left and just put it in the dryer,,, will do some stuff here today and go back at lunch..
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Katla - your description of Arrow getting spooked by sheep sent me down memory lane. When we had the farm, we had sheep and a couple guardian llamas. Llamas are very curious by nature and also kind of whinney like a horse.

Lanette

Tasmania has roughly 2.2 million sheep, and alpacas (slightly different from llamas) and sheep are often together here.

When we cycle in the countryside, the sheep will run away but the alpacas are usually curious. :)

M in Oz

Machka - do you know if Tasmanian sheep have any natural predators? Domestic dogs were the worst for us in losing lambs and adult sheep & goats :'( , followed by coyotes and big cats. The llamas helped some, the best protector was a livestock guardian dog. I don't think Alpacas would be big enough to do any damage. Our llamas were fairly large and could kick. And leave a nasty bite even though they didn't have canine teeth - cud chewing produces strong jaws!

Despite it all, I miss that farm life. If something happens to DH I'll go onto that Farm matchmaking site and connect with an old geezer who drives a pickup and has a tractor, lol.

Barbara - so sorry about Scooter - 15 years is quite an achievement! Sometimes when they know we are ready to release them, they make the transition on their own. Big hugs to you and Joe!

Lanette
    Sunny and hot (by this afternoon) SW WA State
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Barbara - I’m sorry to hear about Scooter (((Hugs)))

<3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    JR y his Daddy pics seeing the resemblance every milestone. No family in ElPaso was hurt hoping that remains the same. Racially motivated shootings are getting ridiculous starting to worry about us going to stores,but can’t stop living. Had to make Daughter go to school even with school shootings...if her school would have gotten a threat she would have stayed home Even tho that’s a court appearance for parents here in this city! My Mother-in-law speaks Spanish do to age she’s forgetting her 2nd language English (strokes to normal aging how many of us remember our high school Spanish to French classes? ) with folks being rough about that now it’s worrisome. Hubby doing her shopping y ours. Of course that’s more stress on him not good for BP y stress levels. This is just apart of life anymore.
    tilrmogdi2wq.jpeg
    0qlmj13jy2ez.jpeg

Woke up with racing heart. Having 2periods a month (10-12days heavy y spotting lots of heavy) darn peri menopause! Over cleaned last night my body is screaming in pain. I got it in my head to move couches to clean them fully (under,cushions,behind).Was a dumb idea 💡 I’m not 20 anymore! Got the toys 🧸 out from in y under but my breast bones popping y feel sick. Headache y back pain too. Mopped y vacuumed. Picked up toys. Rearranged the whole room. Why did I do this uggghhh no clue! Yesterday used up my calories with chicken sandwich y potatoes 🥔 a few fudge pops after cleaning so a nice pick me up but had to take 2 pain pills y a roll stick of biofreeze.
    Over Cleaned paying for it! Ate a banana 🍌 for breakfast I don’t normally eat breakfast even growing up so not my norm but felt I needed potassium. Rest y eat today with no exercise.

Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :'(<3Barbara, So sorry about Scooter. It is so hard to let go of the pet you love and who has loved you.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    (((Barbara))): I am so sorry about Scooter’s declining health. Fourteen years is a long lifetime for most breeds of dog. Seeing our furbabies suffer is heart wrenching. :cry:

Terri: I envy your day on the water. I hope you enjoyed every moment!!! :star:

Machka: I am unsurprised that the alpacas are curious. I am no expert, but I suspect they are much smarter than we realize. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: I watch RFD TV regularly and have seen the FarmersOnly.com commercials many times. :star:

Our pup is twelve and doing okay for now, but he has pain meds and CBD oil due to a bad hip. The meds and CBD oil are doing a good job controlling pain for now. I hope we can have more time with him. DH is also having trouble with pain and is taking pain meds for humans as well as CBD oil. He has an MRI coming up later this week. I hope they can use the information to help DH feel better. Our travel plans to see the kids and grand kids are on hold for now.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Heather UK- Cutest pic yet you have to frame that one! I love uplifting pics like that in my home.Better than the school pics with grumpy fake grins lol. My Daughter was a sour puss!

Finally like the pregnancy suit for Men/young girls to wear to see what it’s like they now have a suit to experience being older or chronic illness that limits mobility. Think we should suit up the ones who are becoming or are Doctors 🥼 first to that one,pregnant one,y period simulator suits before they can graduate! Empathy Suits will call them! Lol a fun video watch these youngsters age mentally just from 24hour experience!
    Amber Tx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Heather - what a great family photo! I'd be framing that one for sure! Neat one to have in the "family history" pictures.

Katla
    - so sorry to hear that your DH got ignored at the eye doctor. What was their excuse? Sitting around a long time is hard on some folks. If my DH has to wait more than 15 minutes he gets real growly and lets everyone know. The last time the eye doc did that to him he unloaded on him - evidently someone came in with an eye emergency.

Hope your DH's MRI shows something that can be fixed or at least dealt with efficiently to stop his pain.

Oh, and is his car now fixed and running? Hope the shop stepped up.

And thanks for the RFD TV tip ;) My DH was the best farmer ever so he'd be hard to replace... tho there might be a younger version of him.... lol. One of my girlfriends landed a fella 9 yrs younger than herself and he helps her take care of her horses. Score!

I forgot to mention - I got hit on by an old fella last week when I was at lunch with a girlfriend. :p She left the table to go up to the counter and he stopped by to flirt, lol. I say that but he was talking into my deaf ear so who knows what he was saying, lol.

She is single and desperate for a guy in her life again (she's in her early 70's, and so was he). I noticed he had a big pickup and a big barky dog... but he's definitely not my type. :D

I wish I'd have been the one to head up to the counter so he could have gotten acquainted with her!

RVRita - I really appreciate the MFP logging and ability to change macros. I'm thinking of how easy it will be to up carbs and decrease fat a bit when I am ready to go on maintenance. So far my systems seem to like it - eating veggies and an avocado each day seem to be giving me adequate fiber.

OK ladies, keep cool! Welcome newbies by the way - this is the best place ever to just hang out B)

Make it a fabulous Sunday!! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Barbara - so sorry to read about Scooter. You sure will miss him.

Connie - what a great way to turn the day you were dreading around. I need to buy bras too and like you am dreading it. I hate the expense of it and I hate finding a style I like.

Lanette - I literally laughed out loud about your plan is something happened to DH.

Rodger fixed the car yesterday, we have decided to go ahead and replace the one other part too so that we are sure we have it all. We’ll do that next pay. After this we need to look at some struts and maybe shocks. It’s an 11 year old car but it needs to keep going for a while yet.

We are hoping to get a half ton for hubby soon. I just want a few more pays under my belt first. I also want to sit down and figure out a budget so we don’t overspend.

Today I have the Grands, I am enjoying the peace of the morning before they arrive.

Tracey In Edmonton
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Cars-I had my 94’ until earlier this year and hated to see her die.Now I’m driving the 16’ and it needs an alternator 😡more money that we really can’t afford but Have to spend.
    Barbara-I’m sorry about Scooter,we had a sweet beagle by that name.
    Heather-beautiful picture
    Amber-I love all the pics of your little guy
    Debby In Va
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Correction-my current car is a 2008
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options

RVRita - great that you can start cutting back on your BP medicine!! Did I read that you are going to see the cardiologist after all? I just looked at your weather report.......too HOT! ARGHH!! We're going to hit the mid-90's tomorrow and Monday. I can look out any window and see plenty of green (evergreens, maples, oaks) so it doesn't seem so bad, and at least its not smoky this year. Do you miss the east coast (weren't you in New England?) during this hot summer?

Ok ladies, better wrap this up. Stay cool. Hugs to all who need them! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State

Lanette and all; thanks for the Kudos on BP meds and weight loss! I’m happy about both and DH told me he was proud of my positive changes and my setting an example for him! !!! WOWED!

As for missing New England. Not really. We have heat but no humidity. I never believed it before but that does make a huge difference. I do miss the green and hills, but live only an hour away from mountains and green so not so bad. (Ruidoso- ski resort).
    As for the coast, there is a clean lake right across from my front yard. Stays cool because it is spring fed.
    I count myself blessed for where I am today.

RV Rita at Bottomless Lakes State Park in Roswell NM
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Barbara so sorry to hear about Scooter. Especially sad as I have a 13 year old named Chewbacca who is in much the same state. :'(

RV Rita
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Heather - best picture EVER, such life and color and joy in one place. Love seeing you all happy, and best of all, together.

Lazy Sunday morning (well, I say that, but I took the stove apart and washed it all, and the hubby vacuumed and mopped the kitchen and dining room already, made 17 bottles of beer, and vacuumed the rest of the house). We're waiting for the sun to dry some of the fog/dew from the grass. Couldn't mow yesterday, as it was raining. Trying to decide whether to mow or trim. Lots more steps in trimming... and sweaty either way. And they both need doing...

Love y'all,
    Happy Sunday,
    Lisa in AR
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Barbara-sorry to hear about Scooter. We had a mutt who was 18 that we did had to put down. He would go into the back yard and just stand, completely lost. He had been the one that would eat anything that hit the floor (I swear floors have not been as clean since). When he stopped eating, we knew it was time. My husband and I cried like babies at the vets office. When I walked out to pay, I worked at holding it together-there we parents with their children who saw us go in with Sparky and come out upset and I didn't want the kids to think the same would happen to their dog. We have put down three dogs, each one a painful experience even though they were in so much pain at the end, it was best. One of my nephews has dog with cancer who is in terrible shape, and he can't let go of him yet.

Pets become part of our family. As much as I complain about my two cats, I will no doubt be devastated when they go, but I won't let them go on suffering.