WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    Options
    Slept a lot over the weekend ...

8.5 hours on Friday night + 2 hours Saturday afternoon + 10 hours Saturday night ... and I even got about 7 hours and 20 minutes last night!!

Still tired.

I could easily sleep 9-10 hours a night for several weeks.

I don't know what happened Friday night but it was like an explosion went off in the left side of my mouth. So sore. I've made an appointment with the dentist this coming Friday morning. I sort of suspect that I might have a vertical fracture in a tooth (caused by grinding my teeth at night) and it has become infected.

I've got a broken tooth on the right side, but it isn't bothering me very much.

Monday

Pilates
    Walking
    Work
    Laundry
    And now homework!

At work I'm counting. Literally that. Counting ... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ....
    I need to submit fixed length files, which I did, but they've been rejected because the length is incorrect.
    So ... wading through specifications and code making sure each and every item is correct and is the correct length.
    Each row ends up being somewhere between about 1000 and 2000 characters, so it's a bit of a challenge.
    Fingers crossed I'm getting closer to success!!

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,294 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Love that smile, on both of them! :D<3 Definitely related! :laugh:

Okie - The dress is really just for a laugh, so, like you, I don't want to spend much. I'll only wear it for my birthday dinner with my tiara and sash. I don't want to expose too much of my wrinkly flesh! ;) I look much better covered up. This one has a small cap sleeve and the chest is covered. It's also full length, but not over long. Some of them drape all over the floor. Well, it arrives today, so we will see. It's Prime, so easy enough, if a drag, to return.

Kate - My original one was from Amazon, very cheap. This one is also from Amazon, they have loads of different ones. It's a bit more expensive and may be slighter bigger. I just put in 'backpack handbag for women'. I hope the insert will sort out the major problem of the phone and keys getting dislodged. I like the extra strap for carrying over the shoulder, and the top handle for a quick grab. It is secure because the opening faces your back. Mine are black and look quite smart. I walk such a lot and it makes a big difference having it on your back.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Rori sounds like a fun sushi date and happy that you’ve got your brother coming for a visit to look forward to

Rebecca. Athena Rose is precious <3

Barbara. ((( <3 )))

Loads to do in the back yard today, I don’t have lisa’s vertical climb but will take the calorie burn any way I can. Also, planned a bbq with DH’s side of the family for this coming Sunday. I will try to take it easy and joy get worked up about it.

NYKAREN
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Y’all will be happy to hear,grandsons elbow is Much better and we get to have him until Thursday.(Yay!!)parents-how to have compassion for them when they abused and neglected their children and allowed others to abuse them??
    Anyway,having my coffee and will workout,get my little man up,bathed ,fed and dressed,run to the bank and off to work.Hope y’all have a wonderful day and love ❤️ to all!!
    Debby In Va
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »
    M – I’m excited to see your webpage. What size trains would you consider? Vince has mostly O gauge. Your picture looks like HO, is it?

The website will be a regeneration/recreation of my cycling site. I coded it entirely in HTML but it got away from me and I had trouble keeping it up. So I've taken it down and have started working with Wordpress.

I also hope to be able to use my new Wordpress site to do up my final project for my current class.

M in Oz

I've got a home page up. It doesn't link anywhere yet (the Read More buttons don't work), but I wanted to start somewhere and it is a little bit of experimentation. :) Next I'll be attempting to create a menu so it can link to other things and so I can develop it further. If you're really curious, it's my name in lower case (machka) dot net.

OK, I really must work on a 1500 word description of my first assignment for uni.

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,755 Member
    Options
    ohhh la la Heather looks fab...
    waiting for the shoe to drop... not a happy camper
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ Wowsers! That looks great and will be wonderful for the trip. :)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Allie ~ Hugs and Best Wishes! Maybe YOU should apply to zip recruiters. There is something out there for you and it will be better than you can imagine!

Carol in GA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Heather - I also thought "Wowsers" even before I read Carol's comment. :)

Allie - if they are advertising your job, sounds like they are getting ready to lay you off? Or perhaps hiring a staffer to take some of the burden off you regarding the computer/insurance stuff? Should be an interesting day. Good luck! B)

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,755 Member
    Options
    Lanette they hired a girl a month ago.. they are aging me out and trying to hire someone who is younger and he can mold to his liking
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather love love the dress, 70 is going to look gorgeous on you :)

Janetr OKC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Was surprised to see how much the garlic festival y El Paso shooter looked like identical twins.Weird (Daddy must have been a traveling salesmen)
    y9131jpby7rt.png

Allie - Is fill out a few job forms for other companies just in case. Hopefully their just hiring someone to give you days off y work with you. I’d not eat out or anything save every cent you got to be sure.Put back anything you got for rent.

Heather -Wow pretty But looks itchy!

Going to try the Numberblocks today y see if they have it for JRs iPad .He has 5 Chris Ferrie Books cramming the knowledge in. Plus lol rather that than a book on poo 💩

Barb-Yes Cleaning still has mean done in! Tired rest today too.JR didn’t want afternoon nap yesterday either! I’m in a daze this morning. All that was left to do was my closet y hubby bathroom but he cleans it (not as good as I would but some coming off) y maybe scrub around sinks better,but waving the white flag 🏳. 2yr old plus age plus peri menopause did me in!

Exermom- Their recommending here that if you have open carry to do so.The one guy saved 1/4th the kids thanks to having his. Sad that we have to think that way anymore just because folks who shouldn’t still do. My Hubby won’t carry a gun or have one in the house especially with a 2yr old! Before that a teenager. My Uncle carries but my Dad can’t do to mental health (Uncle lives next door they shop together when they can). My Other Uncles carry y do the shopping now especially since Grandma slow moving y my Aunts in a wheel chair. No one on Hubby side carries can’t,(babies to eye issues diabetes) but at least their following the law many who aren’t end up being the problems. Having my Bio-Daughter heading to the Garlic Festival Area soon to live awhile is scary!

I’ve cut many ties with my Moms family (abusers) y Daughter only keeps contact with my family (but barely with my moms). Healthier that way.

Weight yo-going up but obvious water gain every time I eat enough salad 🥗 to become a rabbit 🐇 or horse 🐎 I hold on to every drop! Lol better than dehydration so not worried about it.I know it’s not fat so it’s not a big deal. Probably a sign my periods ending fingers crossed 🤞 but that means ovulation will behin a day after (body not giving me breaks or mercy anymore).
    Had some cashew salad 🥗 with carrots 🥕 y guacamole before bed was delicious.Anyone who eats nuts give it a try yummy.

Amber Tx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,228 Member
    Options
    Heather: Stunning! You will be the bell of the ball!