WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Janet ~ Prayers and Hugs for you and your family!

Carol in GA
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Heather-WooHoo!!!!
    Janetr- my heart goes out to you and your family.💕
    Debby In Va
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Meg Don't try to keep up. Just come & post when you feel like it. I love seeing your posts. All of you gals from Nebraska make me feel closer to home.

Mia Welcome back!

Janetr The photo of Flash kissing Haven... <3
    Add: (((Hugs))) - You & your family are going through a lot; my heart goes out to all of you! Concerning the baby, there will be so much love for that little one. I hope her daddy recuperates quickly.

Ginny So sorry for your nephew, the farmer, and the injured/dead cattle. Nightmarish.

Lisa Have you tried this on your knees?
    ata8t7qjflxp.png

Heather Both of your recent photos are worth of framing - the joyous family photo and you in the sparkly dress. You look fabulous, Femme Fatale!

Pip Those old injuries - ouch! Do they still twinge?

Beth I, too, feel best eating good quality protein, nonstarchy vegetables, eggs, and whole Greek yogurt. Not sure why I ever stray from it. It's a mystery to me.

Rori I like sushi, but my grandchildren are crazy about it. What 10 year old eats raw fish? What 13 year old will eat raw seafood, but won't touch a banana? Another of life's mysteries. Enjoy your visit with your brother, & so glad you had a nice lunch date with your friend!

Rebecca You had a little typo on your last post, but I think we all figured out it should have read, "Athena looking more & more like her grandmomma". <3

Barbara Holding you & Joe in my heart during this difficult time.

Kate UK Good to get bone density tested. Haven't done that yet.

Terri & Heather & Amber and others who had a toxic parent: the thought of this always breaks my heart. You are resilient survivors who found a way to become brilliant women despite lack of proper nurturing from your parent. I admire you.

Machka Ugh. I empathize over the cracked/infected tooth pain. Hope you can get it fixed right away.

NYKAREN Your plan to "take it easy and joy get worked up about it" sounds perfect. ;)

Kelly You needed that sleep. I'm going to look at those science books for babies you mentioned. Sound intriguing.

Lanette Your farmer friend did do the right thing. Good people.
    I'm like you & Barbie - I like my time alone in the house to recharge my batteries.

Allie Crap. Well, at least you know it's coming, and can prepare to exit with dignity. And, I might add, it's his loss.

______

Electrician here doing annual maintenance on our generator.

_______

Also - Keep your fingers crossed...the refrigerator finally seems to be working! Better than it ever has! It's humming along! :):):)

Karen in Virginia, grateful for electricity and refrigerated food and repairmen

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    :)Heather, You look amazing in that dress.

:)Allie, Sending hugs to you. Years ago a good friend of mine prayed for guidance about what to do about her job that she hated, and that day she went to work and got fired. She landed on her feet and is now happy and doing well in another job. You are smart and resilient and will come out of this mess even better than before.

:)Lanette, I used to have time in the morning before Jake got up but now he seems to get up about the same time as me. He rarely leaves the house during the day so I treasure my tiny bits of having the house to myself.

:)Lisa, I often wake up too early and am treated to lots of snuggles from Bernie. Cats are such good companions.

:) Today is errand day--lots to do before it gets too warm and too busy in town.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,074 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    Barbara - sorry to hear about your beloved dog.

Allie - your next job has got to be better than this. Wishing you strength to get through the transition.

I'm getting frustrated with my car. Another new ding mysteriously showed up. It doesn't handle as well at high speed as it used to. I wonder if it's safe. Nobody wants a new car payment, but it's in my future. As long as the frustration doesn't lead to calories!

Annie in Delaware
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,069 Member
    Options
    (((Janetr)))

Prayers for granddaughter and her fiance. I hope he has someone to be with him in the hospital as he recovers. I learned with our son how it helps to have a loved one there in the hospital when someone is seriously injured.

We are into our first week of no cell phone to your ear. I am sure hoping it cuts down on the accidents here.

I went to see a Broadway production of Fiddler on the Roof yesterday. It is as relevant today as it was when it first was produced.

:heart: Margaret
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Options
    Janet - Hugs to you.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    janetr. ((( <3 )))). Sending strength and love. NYKAREN
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Still checking into food box 📦 delivery 🚚

Sun Basket Meal Kit- Hearing the freashness Of vegetables is a crap shoot. Celery with brown spots to past it’s prime veggies is the very real high risk with them.Meats have no experation dates. Some recipes are difficult to make. Can get different items to total the 3meals so if got a hubby on one diet your on another can order for him y you at once. The one guy said their box showed up 2days late. The one video they discuss some of the others they’ve tried. Wonder if other companies have produce look y freshness issues sometimes also? $68.94 they got the 3meal plan. Still shopping around. When I find the best I’ll bring it up to Dad y Hubby but they may say No they like looking at what their getting.Lol I’m the order Oreos from Walmart.com kind unlike them.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/hellofresh

Amber Tx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Heather: Thanks for your words about moving. I have open permission from DH to go see the grandchildren when I want. Now is not the time. He is having a load of health problems and I won’t leave him to face them alone. Later this week he will be having an MRI to see what is going on in his back. I hope that it leads to treatment that relieves his pain. He has had back surgery twice before and thinks he may need another. I sure hope not, but when we know what is going on in his body we can make a reasonable decision about what to do. :ohwell:

Mia in MI: How great to see you posting again!!!! Welcome back. :smiley:

Meg: Congrats on the loss and also on your knee feeling good. :star:

Rori: Thanks for your good wishes. It breaks my heart that I haven’t been able to see my grandchildren. We had planned on taking an RV trip to see them this summer, but DH’s health issues have made a trip impossible so far. I am hopeful that the MRI will reveal whatever is causing his pain and that we can get it fixed. :heart:

Rebecca: No fair blaming your son for your TV binge. :noway: Athena is gorgeous. :star:

Allie: Good luck with work! :heart:

Terri: Your words to Heather are spot on, “We don’t have to love our parents if they didn’t treat us right and we don’t owe them anything.” I know that I had some forgiving to do with my parents. They loved me and I loved them, but they were addicted to cigarettes and were rude to me and everyone else by smoking in the car when we travelled and smoking in other people’s homes. I smelled like cigarettes until I went to college. As an adult, I refused to allow cigarettes in my home, and they thought I was punishing them. I held fast. When we visited their house we had to put up with it. We’d go home, shower, change clothes, and put the smelly clothes in the washing machine. :ohwell:

Heather: WOW!!! Your dress is beautiful and you are glamorous! :star:

(((Janetr)))

Karen in VA: Grandchildren are full of surprises. :flowerforyou:

We had great plans for a cross country RV trip to see the kids and grandchildren but those plans have been put on hold while we figure out what is going on with DH’s health. He will be having an MRI this week to see what is going on in his back. The appointment is 1pm Wednesday. I hope it gives information that can be useful and point the way to appropriate treatment. Wish us good luck.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,216 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Janet OKC: What an awful thing to happen. Prayers that the young man recovers, and everything works out. You DGD will need lots of support in the months to come.
    Katla NW OREGON: The words in italics were Heather’s. I was just quoting them from her previous post. Lol! I get the aversion to cigarette smoke. I hated that when I lived at home, and when we went out socially. I would also strip everything off, and shower when I got home.
    Heather: That looks like a completely different person. You look so glamorous now!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,604 Member
    Options
    Meg Don't try to keep up. Just come & post when you feel like it. I love seeing your posts. All of you gals from Nebraska make me feel closer to home.

Mia Welcome back!

Janetr The photo of Flash kissing Haven... <3
    Add: (((Hugs))) - You & your family are going through a lot; my heart goes out to all of you! Concerning the baby, there will be so much love for that little one. I hope her daddy recuperates quickly.

Ginny So sorry for your nephew, the farmer, and the injured/dead cattle. Nightmarish.

Lisa Have you tried this on your knees?
    ata8t7qjflxp.png

Heather Both of your recent photos are worth of framing - the joyous family photo and you in the sparkly dress. You look fabulous, Femme Fatale!

Pip Those old injuries - ouch! Do they still twinge?

Beth I, too, feel best eating good quality protein, nonstarchy vegetables, eggs, and whole Greek yogurt. Not sure why I ever stray from it. It's a mystery to me.

Rori I like sushi, but my grandchildren are crazy about it. What 10 year old eats raw fish? What 13 year old will eat raw seafood, but won't touch a banana? Another of life's mysteries. Enjoy your visit with your brother, & so glad you had a nice lunch date with your friend!

Rebecca You had a little typo on your last post, but I think we all figured out it should have read, "Athena looking more & more like her grandmomma". <3

Barbara Holding you & Joe in my heart during this difficult time.

Kate UK Good to get bone density tested. Haven't done that yet.

Terri & Heather & Amber and others who had a toxic parent: the thought of this always breaks my heart. You are resilient survivors who found a way to become brilliant women despite lack of proper nurturing from your parent. I admire you.

Machka Ugh. I empathize over the cracked/infected tooth pain. Hope you can get it fixed right away.

NYKAREN Your plan to "take it easy and joy get worked up about it" sounds perfect. ;)

Kelly You needed that sleep. I'm going to look at those science books for babies you mentioned. Sound intriguing.

Lanette Your farmer friend did do the right thing. Good people.
    I'm like you & Barbie - I like my time alone in the house to recharge my batteries.

Allie Crap. Well, at least you know it's coming, and can prepare to exit with dignity. And, I might add, it's his loss.

______

Electrician here doing annual maintenance on our generator.

_______

Also - Keep your fingers crossed...the refrigerator finally seems to be working! Better than it ever has! It's humming along! :):):)

Karen in Virginia, grateful for electricity and refrigerated food and repairmen

Not very often, if my backpack is too heavy, that might b when I tend to notice it
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Barbara: (((Hugs))) on both counts. I feel for Joe. Mother was toxic to me! I loved her dearly, but I had to distance myself from her to survive, and to deal with her animosity by reminding myself that she had a hard life. I learnt to refuse to let others define and shape my opinion of myself, and my place in the world.
    Heather: We don't have to love our parents if they didn't treat us right and we don't owe them anything. It can take a long time to realise this. Understanding of, and compassion for mother brought peace to me, and forgiveness, but didn't lead to reconciliation. We can only change ourselves not others.

That's enough philosophical introspection for one day. Lol!

Rebecca: 😍 Athena 😍 So bright and beautiful.

🌻 May joy and peace suffuse your day 🌻

☘️ Terri

You spoke my mind about parents. My mom is still alive and still plays the victim wanting everyone to feel sorry for her choices. My dad died about 10 years ago of Colon cancer.

Lanette] New Mexico has so much to offer, especially if you like science, history, westerns, and ET!

RV Rita
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,604 Member
    Options
    pnnlqb9t4gce.jpeg
  • jachmannjachmanngmailcom2015
    Options
    "You can LOVE somebody but not neccesarily LIKE them".

A lesson that I learned only recently and can apply to your parents and children as well.

Bianca from South Africa
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Tried numberblocks for JR he wasn’t interested but the writers also make AlphaBlocks so put it on he’s going nuts! Still going to put numberblocks on he loves words but not math he has to love both to pass school!

Amber Tx
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Janetr ... praying for a full recovery for your granddaughter's young man!

Allie ... Whatever the day brings, hold your head up high and remain professional. This door has been closing for quite some time ... now to see which window is opening! ;)

So very saddened by the heinous actions of disturbed individuals this past weekend. :'( A reminder that you don't know what each day may bring.

Beth near Buffalo