Bombshell Betty's (closed group)

Options

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Check in form had been changed..............
  • jls1311
    jls1311 Posts: 15
    Options
    Whats the best day for us to do the weekly weigh in challenge? I wasn't sure if we do it today or Monday. Im super excited to tell everyone how much weight I've lost in just this week alone. Ive been working really hard and glad I joined this group.
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Whats the best day for us to do the weekly weigh in challenge? I wasn't sure if we do it today or Monday. Im super excited to tell everyone how much weight I've lost in just this week alone. Ive been working really hard and glad I joined this group.

Good for you, I unfortunately do not think I've had as much success! Do plan on changing things up this week and having big number off of scale next week!
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options

Whenever you want......new challenges will be posted on Monday :)
  • KimberlyBryant
    KimberlyBryant Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good Evening you beautiful Bombshell Betty(s). I did had such a great day today and was able to do my rows and my abs( 8 min abs) and LOTs of cardio doing a zoo trip with my mom, children and best friend.

So I have been thinking lately about some things...... one thing i love about MFP is i feel like i am not on a diet. I had to do a change in life style. Before when i was on a diet i would cut sweets/meat/carbs/preservatives from my diet and i felt like i was punishing myself while i was on the diet for being fat. Well since i have joined MFP i have enjoyed all those little treats that i have once enjoyed but did it in moderation. Instead of having an entire pizza i will have 1 slice, instead of having an ENTIRE bag of chips i will have one portion. Instead of eating the ENTIRE tray of cookies I will have just one and i work it into my calories for the day. And i have learned how savor every bite. I enjoy food sooo much more now then i did when i was just shoveling it away. i also look for new ways of improving my life. new ways of making my life a little more active every day. Instead of sitting on the couch waiting for my daughter to bring me a toy for us to play with, i crawl around on the floor with her and all her toys. And because of this mind set change i have lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks and i feel AMAZING!
  • rae_mayer
    rae_mayer Posts: 226
    Options
    Good Evening you beautiful Bombshell Betty(s). I did had such a great day today and was able to do my rows and my abs( 8 min abs) and LOTs of cardio doing a zoo trip with my mom, children and best friend.

So I have been thinking lately about some things...... one thing i love about MFP is i feel like i am not on a diet. I had to do a change in life style. Before when i was on a diet i would cut sweets/meat/carbs/preservatives from my diet and i felt like i was punishing myself while i was on the diet for being fat. Well since i have joined MFP i have enjoyed all those little treats that i have once enjoyed but did it in moderation. Instead of having an entire pizza i will have 1 slice, instead of having an ENTIRE bag of chips i will have one portion. Instead of eating the ENTIRE tray of cookies I will have just one and i work it into my calories for the day. And i have learned how savor every bite. I enjoy food sooo much more now then i did when i was just shoveling it away. i also look for new ways of improving my life. new ways of making my life a little more active every day. Instead of sitting on the couch waiting for my daughter to bring me a toy for us to play with, i crawl around on the floor with her and all her toys. And because of this mind set change i have lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks and i feel AMAZING!

Good for you!! I feel exactly the same way! I feel like I'm finally learning moderation, which is something that none of the other diets I've been on have successfully managed to teach me. I'm actually (*gasp!*) starting to like exercising again too! :)
  • nomerebutterfly
    nomerebutterfly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey my beautiful bombshells! I haven't done my rows today. Working out was hard, but I did it, just not in its entirety. I could really use the day off tomorrow, especially considering that I have to work for 12 hours. Ugh. Anyway, watching my calories is going really well. I'm hardly ever hungry! Just been eating at least something small pretty consistently. As far as me time, I'm going out for drinks tonight with some old friends and I'm channeling my inner bombshell to step out in style:

3a8ddca2f5172aec9d5f13f380dc4aab_18627671.jpg
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I'm going to get my rows done in a few minutes.
    I read the label on the jiffy banana nut muffins and decided only to eat half a muffin instead of a whole one.
    For mind and body I am going to relax and watch a movie with my husband tonight.

I'll be weighing in and filling out the form on Monday!
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Well my darlin' Bombshells it's been another Saturday.

I did my rows, yay!

However, I ate way past my calories and my sodium. Darned pizza craving. Do I feel guilty? No. I know I wanted it, I ate it, logged it, and I'm moving on. Tomorrow is another day where I can make my good choices. If nutrients were Gods and Demons, sodium would be the Devil indeed.

I see you all have had a lovely day!

Dinner that I made was real tasty. Chicken pot pie soup! Kind of ironic since it's almost 100 degrees outside. LOL. Didn't even miss the bread/crust. Got plenty of leftovers too!

As for me time I'm gunna catch up on my book and do my journaling for the exercises in it before Daniel comes home and then I'll spend some time with him and go on to bed. Got to work tomorrow.

NoMereButterfly - Looking gorgeous and I love the necklace!

Anyway I'm off to let the soup in the pot cool and containerize it once it is that way and got to put my sheets back onto the bed.

I may check in one last time before bed time!

Love to all. Stay safe and I'm thinking of ya all!

Amber
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I finally was able to get a good workout in today. It seems for the last few days I have been too busy to do more than an hour. Now I have to make time for sleep!
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred which includes rows, jumping jacks, and some ab exercises. So far, so good. I am more conscious about reading nutrition labels when I make my grocery purchases these days. It is really enlightening!
  • Confettiiii
    Confettiiii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think i've gained weight since i've the challenge started. I feel so embarassed, not sure I should be here anymore :(
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I think i've gained weight since i've the challenge started. I feel so embarassed, not sure I should be here anymore :(

no better place! we all have ups & downs, well i sure do.... it's about picking ourselves up & dusting off & getting on with it. never forget you can do amazing things :) read the poem Amber recommended too
  • Confettiiii
    Confettiiii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thankyou. I was very down earlier but I realised that feeling sorry for myself and giving up made me gain weight in the first place. So far today i've been doing good :)
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. Sorry no cute graphic today. I'm tired. Didn't sleep good due to having weird dreams all night.

Drinking lots of water today to hopefully take care of the sodium from yesterday.

Anywoo I'm gunna go get breakfast.

I'll do my rows later and take a long walk and maybe a nap after.. lol

You all have a nice day.
  • nomerebutterfly
    nomerebutterfly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey bombshells. So I'm a big enough person to admit when I'm stupid and last night I was stupid and had far too much to drink (stayed under my calorie count, though). No working out today, working all damn day, but I will probably stay under my calorie count (because I keep throwing up whatever I eat). Ugh. Never again. I mean it. Never again.
  • jls1311
    jls1311 Posts: 15
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Almost afternoon now. Slept right through my 6 am alarm today. So i havedn't done my run yet. Kinda disappointed. I was really tired. School starts for me tom. I won't be on all morning. So I will have to check in with everyone in the evening. I hope every has a fantastic workouts and day.
  • DeeBear
    DeeBear Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good morning my friends. So week one in the history books. I am not going to weigh in until on Monday's. Feeling really good. It has been a GREAT week with all of my new friends in this with me. Makes me feel like a new person. Have a busy day planned ahead of me so I am going to get started. I am hoping that all of our Bombshell Betty's that were affected by Irene are safe. Hope they keep us posted as to how they are doing. They are all in our thoughts and prayers. Have a GREAT day everyone and will talk to you all later.
  • sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Doing well on the food and exercise front today. Woke up after sleeping 23.00-07.45 without waking once then came down to feed the dog and children. Did 30 day shred day 5 level1 then went out with the family kitchen shopping (we need to redo our kitchen!). Only bad food thing so far is that I didn't eat anything until 11.30 - not good for my metabolism!

Came back and had lunch, then went out BY MY SELF with the dog for a walk for 75 minutes - piddled down with rain in the last 15 minutes and I looked like I was entering a wet t shirt competition! Why did I wear a white t-shirt!:blushing:

So, rows done (tick!), me time done (tick) food intake under control (tick) - doing great today and full of energy!

I'm not going be able to show the fruits of my efforts this week - my weight has gone up due to muscle gain from 30 day shred (I can really feel the muscle in my thighs). It will all be worth it in the long term though - I'm looking long term for results not week by week now. Having said that, I can't wait to see those numbers go under 13 stone!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great week. I really enjoyed the challenges and I can't wait for next week's challenge. Does it start on a Monday or Tuesday? I wasnt exactly sure as it seemed the last time we started on Tuesday. I'll still weigh in tomorrow and fill out the form.
    How is it working out with everyone's buddies? I have an awesome buddy and we communicate with each other often. Just wanted to see if everyone else found their buddies to be equally supportive.