Less Alcohol - AUGUST 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I think that today I might be able to pull off an AF.
    It is exercise on day for me so I will do some hill repeats for 90 minutes or.
    I have habitually had alcohol after exercise.
    Something about damping down my muscles and easing my joints.
    But if I exercise to lose or maintain weight, then drink all of that exercise, am I not just wasting my cartilage on alcohol.

My joints hurt terribly after I drink😵
  • beebva4
    beebva4 Posts: 130 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Here we go!
    8/1 - AF
    8/2 - 3 drinks

I worked out HARD yesterday and even though I drank I came in under my calorie goal from working out. Same with today so far. So since i ended up drinking friday and Saturday i guess I will not have anything heavy tomorrow. We are grilling out tomorrow so I might have ONE truly hard sparkling water but that is it! So far not off to a 100% start. I seem to do better 4 AF days rather than 5 of the week 🤔
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options

I am going to strive for the same as usual, 4-5 AF days per week. I will post daily to keep me accountable.
    I was pleased with my 20 AF days for July.

August 01 - AF - I didn't want to be, but have to start the month off right. Many things planned for the weekend and there will be drinks involved. I will have to be strategic so that I don't have drinks 2 days in a row.
    August 02 - AF - Again, didn't want to be. It is a long weekend with lots going on here in British Columbia. I want to not look terrible tomorrow, so no booze for me tonight.
    August 03 - 3 drinks.

2AF days out of 3 days so far.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    LastTryljm wrote: »
    1710 calories consumed in alcoholic drinks ~ that's horrible. I would have been under my calorie goal without them...eating is definitely not my weight loss problem :(

It's really smart of you to track "drink" calories, a good idea. I think I will too! It could be more motivational to see the calorie count.
  • Alzzi_2
    Alzzi_2 Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    I think that today I might be able to pull off an AF.
    It is exercise on day for me so I will do some hill repeats for 90 minutes or.
    I have habitually had alcohol after exercise.
    Something about damping down my muscles and easing my joints.
    But if I exercise to lose or maintain weight, then drink all of that exercise, am I not just wasting my cartilage on alcohol.

My joints hurt terribly after I drink😵

I find that too. It a great reminder
  • Alzzi_2
    Alzzi_2 Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    beebva4 wrote: »
    Here we go!
    8/1 - AF
    8/2 - 3 drinks
    8/3 - bad 😣
    8/4 - 1 Truly (88 cals)

I said I would allow ONE today and I did just that. Dont want to slip back into old habits so AF all week again!

U can do this!,.. so can I ;) I'm in this with u remember, we are going to get back up when we fall. Look back at it as a lesson we have learnt. But u are close than u were bc u sound like u REALLY want to improve. And,.. so do I. ;)

Here we go!.. another try
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    I am going to strive for the same as usual, 4-5 AF days per week. I will post daily to keep me accountable.
    I was pleased with my 20 AF days for July.

August 01 - AF - I didn't want to be, but have to start the month off right. Many things planned for the weekend and there will be drinks involved. I will have to be strategic so that I don't have drinks 2 days in a row.
    August 02 - AF - Again, didn't want to be. It is a long weekend with lots going on here in British Columbia. I want to not look terrible tomorrow, so no booze for me tonight.
    August 03 - 3 drinks.
    Auguest 04 - AF

3AF days out of 4 days so far.
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I also suffer from Sunday Blues, but I can see now that drinking exacerbated that tremendously and sometimes caused work to be even worse than a usual Monday. Awesome job not giving into that downward spiral!
    jmciotti13 wrote: »
    8/1 - AF
    8/2 - AF
    8/3 - Planned drinks at the Ren Faire...had...many...maybe 5 or 6
    8/4 - AF

Really proud of myself for getting back to AF on a Sunday night. The job situation is painful right now and suffer from some pretty bad Sunday blues/scaries. I really took note of how much the drinks on Saturday affected my sleep, which was so much more apparent after being bookended by AF days. I also really wanted a drink last night while cooking yesterday, and was able to push past it. Hoping to end up AF the rest of this week as well, and just limit my intake to when the in-laws visit on Saturday.

Thank you everyone for posting your challenges and successes <3

• beebva4
    Options
    jmciotti13 wrote: »
    8/1 - AF
    8/2 - AF
    8/3 - Planned drinks at the Ren Faire...had...many...maybe 5 or 6
    8/4 - AF

Really proud of myself for getting back to AF on a Sunday night. The job situation is painful right now and suffer from some pretty bad Sunday blues/scaries. I really took note of how much the drinks on Saturday affected my sleep, which was so much more apparent after being bookended by AF days. I also really wanted a drink last night while cooking yesterday, and was able to push past it. Hoping to end up AF the rest of this week as well, and just limit my intake to when the in-laws visit on Saturday.

Thank you everyone for posting your challenges and successes <3

Somehow I find sundays hard as well. Thank you for sharing this it is motivating to me to push through the urges too! Happy monday I hope your week with your job is good!
  • beebva4
    Options
    Alzzi_2 wrote: »
    beebva4 wrote: »
    Here we go!
    8/1 - AF
    8/2 - 3 drinks
    8/3 - bad 😣
    8/4 - 1 Truly (88 cals)

I said I would allow ONE today and I did just that. Dont want to slip back into old habits so AF all week again!

U can do this!,.. so can I ;) I'm in this with u remember, we are going to get back up when we fall. Look back at it as a lesson we have learnt. But u are close than u were bc u sound like u REALLY want to improve. And,.. so do I. ;)

Here we go!.. another try

Thanks for that! It really helped to start my Monday right! You're right, we want it....we can do it! And with the support of each other and this group we will succeed! 😁🤩