WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options
19495969798100»

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,065 Member
    Options
    Heather: I had to laugh when I read that you didn’t get bonus calories because had the 2 DGDs to look after. I’m sure you burned far more calories running after them than any workout!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,065 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Barbie: thanks for keeping us going.

JULY UPDATE
    Word for July:-
    ENJOYMENT! Life is for living. 😂
    Goals for JUNE
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds Except on holiday week, when I forgot to take my scale with me.😂😂😂
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros 😁
    • follow through 🤪 Mostly!!!
    • Hydration 😄

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps 😁
    • 15+ mins strength 😁
    • 15+ mins flexibility 😁

OTHER:
    • Meditation 😁
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder 😁
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread 🤪 mostly!!!

☘️ Irish Terri

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

..... as long as I remain within my normal BMI range, it's all good. No stress. Right now I've eased into overweight, so I'm working a little bit harder to get back into the normal range. :)

M in Oz
    No longer have TOM, but I’m a bit the same after holidays. I think it’s a combination of being less strict, and sodium from eating out that dies it.

My digital scale had popped up into the ‘overfat’ zone when I came home last Saturday, but I am already back down into the normal range again. By the way, I don’t use the old BMI calculator anymore, but use one that takes age/height/build into account.

My digital scale also tells me that my muscle mass has increased over 3% in the last 6 weeks, which gives me great satisfaction after all the strength work I have been doing.

Barbara: Oooo! Power Tools! I have always loved them gadgets. Stems from when I would be daddy’s little helper as a girl! Big brother was bookish as a boy, but he ended up as an engineer in the army. Go figure!

Terri, is there a chart or equation you use to calculate your body fat that takes age, etc into account?

Janetr OKC
  • monaghme
    monaghme Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies over 50. I'd like to join your group please. I've been on MFP a couple of times but haven't been on in several years. Two ladies that I work with just joined WW and they inspired me to get back to healthier eating. I've lost 6 lbs. in the last two weeks. I will be away on vacation 4 days to Maine with a couple of girls friends starting Sunday so that's going to be my upcoming struggle. I will try to read back a few days on this thread to get an idea of how many are in the group currently. Are there any things that I should post each day or is it just for fun? I didn't see a post for August, hope I'm in the right place?? Maureen
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Welcome Maureen and Barbara So Cal- You are in the right place! Lots of ideas, advice, room to vent and shoulders to cry on, here! Barbiecat is our "mother hen/fearless leader" who wrangles all of us chickies and brings us to each new thread at the beginning of each month. This is August. Remember to bookmark the page by clicking the empty star that is on the same line as the title (it will turn color). We are chatty. Don't feel you need to follow everything closely. During busy times the majority of us skim and comment where we feel moved to do so. You can do this!

Pip- You are so cute! B) I imagine you as a little firecracker/ball of energy.

Childcare day coming to a close. Kids are still napping, though. I will be heading to the library after the last kid is picked up, then out to get my shopping done for next week. Tim told me to "don't wear anything too tight." I replied that my options are limited as I am overweight and asked if he had a burka for me. >:):Do:) lol (he didn't find that funny) I also suggested that he could go shopping with me and we could be like those cute little old couples that like to shop together. I even told him it would be so romantic! He didn't agree with that, (this would not be my top choice either). C'est la vie. KJ
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Geez! I lied! Somehow I got switched back to the July thread! Maureen and Barbara SoCal! Follow this link to August! https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10757359/women-ages-50-for-august-2019#latest
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Carol - I am beginning to think that if Trey (and Jenn) did not have bad luck, they'd have no luck at all. Besides having broken his ankle and then having to have it cut and put back on. Last night Jenn met the ambulance to go to Phoebe in Americus. That was about 7-ish and they found 2 blood clots in his left lung. Of course, I am really worried about this, he will probably have to stay again. They've told him that he will need to come back to have 'stranger' treating him. Personally, I think he needs to call his Internal Medicine MD and have him checked over, especially since he had his physical a week before going on their cruise with another couple. I will mention this to Jenn; but, he is a grown-@$$ man and I guess I should stay out of it. Of course, within minutes it was all over FB. For the life of us, we don't know why she puts 'personal' information on there. While he is young 43; someday he might have to try getting more insurance - even though he and she have a chunk of it. Hopefully, it is whole life and not terms. I sort of wish they'd put on a 'soft' case or splint and put a walker in it so he can get up and move around. Walking on crutches is a *kitten*. Granddaughter adjusted them for him and he felt better. She had an interview t a bank in Americus. She needs the money; when I go to PT&B, she is going to ask Chris if she can sit in while he is working with me and if he minded her doing some shadowing, and if so - could he sign off for her hours. I had asked for him, telling the lady at the front desk that I 'definitely' did not want to work with the girl working there. She had a boy - somewhere between 8 -10 who, number 1 saw him to walk to her and walk back. He walked about 3 steps, she turned her head to talk to another PT or PA and he picked up his feet and used the cable as a zip line. All she said to him was, 'that's not walking. After the 2nd time, I would have walked beside him and showed him what walking was. I would not even care if his mother was sitting right there.

Other than that - still on a cane; but start PT&B Monday at 1:00 pm. I did not like the one day I had her the last time because she was more interested in talking to others.

Lenora
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    Lenora good to see you post please join us in the August section. Link is above.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I'm sure my computer has some kind of weird virus(or is hacked).it's doing all sorts of weird stuff and it makes it hard to get around and do stuff. I have Avira but it detects no problem.