What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    puffbrat wrote: »
    That mentioning to anyone that you're going to be extra careful about what you put into your body when you become pregnant warrants them telling you that you need to seek help, and that you're clearly wishing for a sickly baby.

I don't need to shovel an extra 2000 calories into my body per day to have a healthy baby.
    I can stay healthy myself, gain the minimum, and still have a healthy baby. I've seen women do it.
    Just because I make a joke about how I'd rather have morning sickness than completely gorge myself does not mean I want my future baby to be unhealthy. Was the joke distasteful? I don't personally think so. I could see how someone could be offended by it, but I don't see how it justifies anyone accusing me of wanting my baby to be born with health issues.

I worked my tail off to lose this weight. Forgive me for wanting to remain conscious of my hard-won body while growing a baby, and being careful not to throw all that out the window.

Nothing against women who enjoy their pregnancies, gain weight, and then lose it again. I KNOW I could lose it again. I just don't want to, and I don't think that I should have to.

I am so frustrated right now.

As one of the people who "attacked" you in the other thread - I didn't enjoy my pregnancy. I didn't justify shoveling food into my mouth as enjoyment or eating for two. I justified it because eating was literally the only thing that kept me from puking. And I ate higher calorie higher carb foods because vegetables and many meats literally made me puke.

I also worked my tail off to lose weight before pregnancy and didn't want to regain it. You aren't the only one.

Your so called joke wasn't funny and was in extremely poor taste. It was also concerning given your self reported past with eating disorders. Nobody told you that you have to overeat or get fat or whatever else while pregnant. But saying that you hope to have "severe morning sickness" so don't gain weight isn't the same as saying you plan to monitor your calorie intake and output to ensure you only gain a healthy amount of weight.

Asking someone if they want a sickly baby is also in bad taste, but that's just my opinion.

I absolutely agree.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    @pinuplove I just got this. I was staring at my hands wondering why they looked weird and then I realized. I freaked out thinking my fingers had like gotten mutilated somehow without my knowing (DID THEY TWIST IN THE NIGHT). Then I realized that nope, they just shrunk. :lol:
  • shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 I have taken to wearing my 12 year old son's old jeans, old shorts and old sweats. They are comfy but not good for work.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    A few stores I went to lately don’t even carry my size in pants. The smallest they sell is size 4, which are more like an 8 with vanity sizing. 😩 I got a few gift cards for my birthday to Christopher and banks but their clothes are too big. It’s kind of sad that stores don’t even carry below size 4 anymore because of how overweight the population is.

I'm starting to run into that, which is ridiculous because I'm not even that small. I like Worthington pants from JCPenney for work, but the smallest size they carry (in my local store at least) is 4 and those are getting baggy on me. Plus I need petite, which are even more limited. I can order them, but I hate not being able to try on pants first because 9 times out of 10 they don't fit right in one way or another.

(I know, what a problem to have. But it really is annoying :grumble: )

My husband has this problem. Stores that used to carry a 28" waist now start at 32". I went out and bought every pant I could find in his size in town and came home with six pairs of pants for him to try after five stores!
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    A few stores I went to lately don’t even carry my size in pants. The smallest they sell is size 4, which are more like an 8 with vanity sizing. 😩 I got a few gift cards for my birthday to Christopher and banks but their clothes are too big. It’s kind of sad that stores don’t even carry below size 4 anymore because of how overweight the population is.

I'm starting to run into that, which is ridiculous because I'm not even that small. I like Worthington pants from JCPenney for work, but the smallest size they carry (in my local store at least) is 4 and those are getting baggy on me. Plus I need petite, which are even more limited. I can order them, but I hate not being able to try on pants first because 9 times out of 10 they don't fit right in one way or another.

Yep. I have the same problem...there are a few stores in which I’m a zero, and sometimes those dresses are too big. Yeah, right. I’m 5’4”, 130ish, I am in no way “tiny”, but in some stores for the 30-40 something crowd, it’s hard to find my size (bc it’s too small or bc they don’t carry many).

And I’m not interested in junior’s clothes bc they’re usually cheaply made, often see-through, or the placement of the waist or shoulders is for a teen, not a woman. (Plus the styles don’t speak to me, even if things didn’t fit wonky)
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member

Count me among those who are flummoxed by this as well. At 5'3" and 135 pounds I'm wearing a size 4–6 or a small, and actually in yoga pants an XS (I'm an apple so my legs are on the smaller side, proportionately). For one thing, I happen to recall that in the 90s, when I was in college I was wearing a medium at Urban Outfitters (just for reference) at 125 pounds. And on top of that, what are the ACTUAL extra small people wearing? One of my best friends is 5'1" and 95 pounds (yet still with curves because life is not fair). If I'm 40 pounds heavier than her and in some of the smallest available sizes, it must be incredibly frustrating for her!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member

Yep. I have the same problem...there are a few stores in which I’m a zero, and sometimes those dresses are too big. Yeah, right. I’m 5’4”, 130ish, I am in no way “tiny”, but in some stores for the 30-40 something crowd, it’s hard to find my size (bc it’s too small or bc they don’t carry many).

And I’m not interested in junior’s clothes bc they’re usually cheaply made, often see-through, or the placement of the waist or shoulders is for a teen, not a woman. (Plus the styles don’t speak to me, even if things didn’t fit wonky)

I have a juniors romper and holy cow does it destroy my curves. I look nearly flat chested in it and one thing I am NOT is flat chested, lol.
  • shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    I am cold all of the time. Not just hands and feet but deep core, shivering cold. Its 73F. My husband is trying to turn up the AC and I'm sweatpants and a sweatshirt, looking for a hat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!