What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Street fair funnel cake.. Damn it's delicious.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Thinking of moving but not sure where: Austin, Tampa, Hawaii? Decisions.....

Hard one,

HAWAII and pack me please 🤗🤗
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options
    1976gemini wrote: »
    THERE'S GOING TO BE A NEW MATRIX OH EM GEE

Whoa
  • Truvanessa
    Truvanessa Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hoping my coffee will wake me up. Lol!! 😴
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Telling a woman they're beautiful does not help their self esteem at all. In fact, I find it can do more harm than good. The term beautiful has lost its value in today's world, it's time we value people for who they are and not necessarily what they look like.
    JUST had this conversation. Weird
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Should telling someone they're beautiful be a tool to improve their self esteem, or should it be an honest expression of emotion? Is there a difference? Is one more/less valuable than the other? Do I still care to know an answer to this after typing it all out? Probably not, now my brain is tired, if anyone needs me I'll be imagining bicycles made out of licorice and how frustrating they'd be to try and ride
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Telling a woman they're beautiful does not help their self esteem at all. In fact, I find it can do more harm than good. The term beautiful has lost its value in today's world, it's time we value people for who they are and not necessarily what they look like.
    JUST had this conversation. Weird

You can tell someone a thousand times they are beautiful, if they don't believe it, it does absolutely nothing for their confidence or self esteem.
    Yes. I think that comes from knowing you are a worthwhile human who is good at some things.

As far as compliments go though, it’s a pretty superficial one.

ETA: I still like to hear it however, for some complicated reasons
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Should telling someone they're beautiful be a tool to improve their self esteem,NO or should it be an honest expression of emotion?YES Is there a difference? Is one more/less valuable than the other? Do I still care to know an answer to this after typing it all out? Probably not, now my brain is tired, if anyone needs me I'll be imagining bicycles made out of licorice and how frustrating they'd be to try and ride

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

I have no idea why this got woo’d, it’s completely accurate. I want to deck people who tell my 8 yr old daughter that she looks so ‘pretty’ like she ‘lost weight’, why do they hate my child? 😅
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Seriously though, imagine the whole bike just being this limp mass of slightly ropey grossness. You’d just be standing there holding it up by the handlebars as it sags beneath you and the frustration of “how am I supposed to ride this?” would be very real
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Should telling someone they're beautiful be a tool to improve their self esteem, or should it be an honest expression of emotion? Is there a difference? Is one more/less valuable than the other? Do I still care to know an answer to this after typing it all out? Probably not, now my brain is tired, if anyone needs me I'll be imagining bicycles made out of licorice and how frustrating they'd be to try and ride
    Why is this a recurring theme in my life?

If it is anything, it should be a simple statement of appreciation.

Most of us are created to appreciate beauty.

But beauty in the form of human appearance isn’t something a person has a lot of control over. Neither is innate intelligence for that matter.

To help self-esteem, recognize genuine accomplishment, struggle, perseverance, unusual applications of possessed skills.

IMO

Then tell me I’m pretty and buy me a beer.