For those who have lost and gained and are losing again (what I've learned)

Options

Replies

• NattySchmatty
    NattySchmatty Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I needed to hear ALL of these things. Thanks for posting.
  • randielizabethwatts
    randielizabethwatts Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. Probably the most relevant and helpful post I’ve read.

• victory291
    victory291 Posts: 15 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    This is SO GOOD. I screenshot your list to save. Thank you😊 @RelCanonical
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Yup.

Also you look like that girl...that internet girl...:lol: yeah, I know that's super helpful...the one who did those great duets with that other chick...about men and turning 30 etc.

Garfunkel and Oats.

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Yup.

Also you look like that girl...that internet girl...:lol: yeah, I know that's super helpful...the one who did those great duets with that other chick...about men and turning 30 etc.

Garfunkel and Oats.

What a name! But I can see the resemblance. Both dark-haired, both part of the big-eyed crew, lol. She's also got a bit of a square-shaped face like I do, which I used to hate but now appreciate. It definitely helps to have it much more defined now.
  • ATX_123
    ATX_123 Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    During my binges I would HATE food, with all my being, because I was eating it and could not control it. That was really the main difference between binge eating and overeating - whether I loved the food I was eating. I seriously thought I was going to hospitalize myself because there was sooo much salt in the food and I wasn't drinking anything, coupled with the anxiety I'd have during that time, that my heart would race. I had to slow it down.

This was so me for about last couple of months.. I went to a doctor and was told that I have high blood pressure and I am pre-diabetic.. A wake up call. Your post is am inspiration. I gained and lost and gained twice as much and now trying to lose again. Stress is definitely a biggie..
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    How did I miss this post before?? Thanks for putting so many helpful thoughts into one succinct post. Focusing on being healthy and less on weight loss has been a big mind change for me.

As always, @RelCanonical , your wise words resonate. Thank you :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!