What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    I had flank steak marinading (soy sauce, gochujang, acv, worcestershire sauce) overnight. So I made: Flank steak, sauteed green beans and a side of salad.

Kids had a side of rice, I piled more salad. It was so good after a hard workout session!
  • mscanadianbakin
    mscanadianbakin Posts: 138 Member
    Coconut curry chicken with basmati rice
  • weatherking2019
    @acpgee Good idea! Kids would love doing that. I remember my mom doing that for us growing up in Japan. In Ohio though, I would stick to non-fish to roll with.

Last night was Wild Salmon, Asparagus, Baked Potatoes with Cheese Sauce! But since there was a leftover from last night, I had leftovers with the cheese sauce while everyone else had the ^.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    @acpgee Good idea! Kids would love doing that. I remember my mom doing that for us growing up in Japan. In Ohio though, I would stick to non-fish to roll with.

Last night was Wild Salmon, Asparagus, Baked Potatoes with Cheese Sauce! But since there was a leftover from last night, I had leftovers with the cheese sauce while everyone else had the ^.

My Japanese girlfriend showed me this as a budget friendly easy way to serve sushi at home. If you don't like processed frozen imitation crab sticks, some blanched peeled frozen shrimp could be substituted.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Cauliflower and Gnocchi "mac and cheese" with turkey kielbasa.
  • acpgee
    Mapo tofu and snow peas stir fried with garlic and Chinese olive vegetable paste. When I visited my mom last week, she introduced me to this new umami condiment and it is terrific. The black paste doesn't look particularly attractive but it tastes amazing. It's made from a fruit unrelated to mediterranean olives, but the look and taste is similar. Comes in jars with mashed fruit mixed with preserved mustard greens and oil and tastes like a Chinese variation of tapenade.
    0f9afgyjp0x8.jpeg
  • weatherking2019
    Last night for kids: Turkey chili! Ground turkey, mushrooms, onion, green pepper, black beans with can of tomato sauce, tomato paste and seasonings. They had it with cheese and sour cream!
  • acpgee
    https://www.chinasichuanfood.com/olive-vegetable-fried-rice/
    https://omnivorescookbook.com/szechuan-dry-fried-green-beans/
    I did the szechuan green beans with snow peas and minced beef because that was what I had lying in the refrigerator. Still obsessing about my new condiment of Chinese olive vegetable that my mom introduced me to last week. I used home grown fava bean shoots instead of bok choi in the fried rice because the trays needed harvesting.
    0kouiz8t0pg3.jpeg

• weatherking2019
    Dinner was Beef Sausage, Zuchinni, Red Onion, Yellow Peppers and Shishito peppers on skewer with Tahini sauce to dip and side of Cabbage slaw!

Super colorful and easy to make dinner :)
  • tommytorpedo
    tommytorpedo Posts: 53 Member
    edited August 2019
    Good Morning. Two hard boiled eggs, wasa bread/blueberry cream cheese and coffee with one lump. for breakfast. I have to watch my carbs due to long time type 2. My old doctor, retired now, put me on a caveman diet. That is only eat what a cave man would. Wasa bread and cream cheese is a stretch, but it's keeping me under the 30 carb per meal limit. A mini blizzard is 55 carbs, I didn't cook it, but I had one for a snack yesterday. sorry, off topic.
  • xcazax
    xcazax Posts: 43 Member
    Veggie Thai Massaman curry in the slow cooker
  • weatherking2019
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Dinner was Beef Sausage, Zuchinni, Red Onion, Yellow Peppers and Shishito peppers on skewer with Tahini sauce to dip and side of Cabbage slaw!

Super colorful and easy to make dinner :)

Ok. I think pretty soon I will want to start coming over. I will even fight your kids for a seat at the table. Or just give me a plate of that and I will eat outside :)

I'm in Cleveland OH- Across from Lake Erie ;) We can all eat together outside in our back yard!
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Monday evening (08/26): first day back from vacation, and "back on the plan": grilled lemon-pepper cod, grilled asparagus, rice, simple salad. Was in Ontario, Canada, and managed to avoid things such as poutine, beavertails and other caloric goodies, while getting in lots of activity. But did indulge in some ice cream occasionally, LOL.

Pics:
    1. Monday dinner.
    2. biking along a greenbelt trail in Ottawa.

bgv3but55q8a.jpg

56y5fk98xm8o.jpg