What was the last meal you cooked?

Options

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,637 Member
    Options
    It's a 4 day long weekend in the UK and I'm doing a dinner party tonight. Will start with bitterballen I made and froze a couple of weekends ago to cook in the air fryer. They are essentially a dutch croquette made of congealed beef stew, so are liquid when you bite into them.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitterballen

The main will be beef lok lak. The meat for lok lak in this recipe is similar to the recipe I learned during a cooking class I took while on vacation in Cambodia.
    https://www.196flavors.com/cambodia-lok-lak/
    Though I do the accompanying lime and pepper sauce for the lok lak more simply.
    https://maknao.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/cambodian black pepper dip/

Trying a side of a copycat recipe of the cucumber salad at Ippudo where I had lunch yesterday. Love that Ippudo salad, and hope this is similar.
    https://pantryno7.com/ippudo-cucumber-salad/

Pulling out some chocolate sorbet from the freezer leftover from my last dinner party which I will serve with strawberries.
    https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/dark-chocolate-sorbet-recipe
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Made flourless chocolate cake for last night's seder. It got a lot of complements and was plenty not super sweet. Very rich, pretty fudgy, not too sweet. Could have used some unsweetened whipped cream on the side.
  • Nerys52
    Nerys52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    New to me rosti mini balls prepared in air-fryer but they all burst. Not sure what happened.
    Turkey breast cut into cubes. And cooked in fresh mandarin juice, black pepper, ginger, hint of sea salt ,a little butter. And with a thin sauce of 1 small spoon peanut butter diluted into 1/3 cup water.
    Big salad: lettuce leaves, radishes, tomatoes, cucumbers, 1 dill pickle. 1 spoon vinaigrette homemade.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Lamb hotpot, subbing elk backstrap for lamb. Looking forward to trying their tuna pasta bake, subbing sardine fillets for tuna to use up some of the tinned fish hoard left over from the sardine tasting adventure a while back.

7hgzv7tn4bsa.jpg

• acpgee
    Options
    Nerys52 wrote: »
    New to me rosti mini balls prepared in air-fryer but they all burst. Not sure what happened.
    Turkey breast cut into cubes. And cooked in fresh mandarin juice, black pepper, ginger, hint of sea salt ,a little butter. And with a thin sauce of 1 small spoon peanut butter diluted into 1/3 cup water.
    Big salad: lettuce leaves, radishes, tomatoes, cucumbers, 1 dill pickle. 1 spoon vinaigrette homemade.

My last batch of dutch bitterballen (croquettes made of congealed beef stew) have been bursting in the air fryer too. Have tried making them smaller for the new batch. I might also air fry half the normal time, then prick with a toothpick to allow steam to escape before air frying the remaining time.
  • aokoye
    Options
    For a day in which I restful I was absurdly productive in the kitchen. Brisket in the instant pot (nothing amazing - if anything a bit disappointing), around 2.75 quarts of homemade chicken stock which simmered for most of the day, and matzo toffee.
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    Made flourless chocolate cake for last night's seder. It got a lot of complements and was plenty not super sweet. Very rich, pretty fudgy, not too sweet. Could have used some unsweetened whipped cream on the side.

@aokoye i make this and serve with a raspberry coulis...nice way of contrasting the intense chocolate.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Went nuts in the kitchen yesterday making food to cover Easter/Passover lunch (all of which had to be gluten free for two of us eating). Flourless chocolate hazelnut torte (began with roasting hazelnuts then grinding then for the flour), grainless tabouli and accompanying lemon sesame dressing, beef and chicken sateys and peanut sauce to go with them, orange pomegranate salad and lime honey dressing to go over it. In the middle of that making matzo pizza for everyone for dinner.
  • aokoye
    Options
    widgit808 wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »

@aokoye i make this and serve with a raspberry coulis...nice way of contrasting the intense chocolate.

Yeah last year I did whipped cream and fresh raspberries. It was great.
  • aokoye
    Options
    Matzo ball soup.
  • acpgee
    Options
    I am planning to cook simply tonight. Linguine carbonara stretched with some spiralized courgette using this recipe.
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2012/may/10/how-to-cook-perfect-spaghetti-carbonara
    Roast cherry tomatoes that are simply pricked with a fork to prevent explosions and tossed for 10 minutes in the air fryer.
  • acpgee
    Options
    tq7umnfg7l83.jpg
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    roasted pork tenderloin with some sauteed broccoli rabe and potatoes. One of my favorite meals! :)
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I made "Bangers and Mash" last night. I had picked up some "Irish Style Bangers" from Aldi. I cooked those up and made some homemade mashed potatoes with brown gravy with onions. The bangers weren't bad, but they do have an odd texture.
  • louiseeverhart
    louiseeverhart Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    415hdja5h97k.jpeg
  • aokoye
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Chana masala. A bit too acidic this time around. Baked apples are also in the oven.
  • BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Tonight I made shrimp scampi w/lemon juice and parsley.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti and meatballs