What was the last meal you cooked?

Options

Replies

• InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Grilled pork steak and Broccoli, Cauliflower, & Carrots in light cheese sauce
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Last night's dinner was a huge salad (massaged kale, chopped romaine, roma tomato, green onion, diced green cabbage, homemade pickled red onion) with a homemade green tomatillo almond dressing.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Shrimp, spinach, feta, and tomato bake over parmesan couscous. One of my favorite meals!
  • talkinghead86
    talkinghead86 Posts: 66 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Shrimp, spinach, feta, and tomato bake over parmesan couscous. One of my favorite meals!

that does sound yummy but with Chicken breast maybe?? (as i'm not much of a seafood fan)
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Baked salmon and fried rice
  • Liftingat58
    Liftingat58 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Blueberry pancakes this morning
  • mssupi
    mssupi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sauteed Chicken breast with BBQ seasoning, fresh green beans & a base salad of romaine, bell pepper, roma tomato, onion, bacon & Greek dressing. ( I had to put the bacon on it to meet the minimum daily calories)
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Tried something new last night, and though it looked like it was going to be good and it smelled awesome...I didn't really like it, too much lemon and the fish was too well done
    8t553neofr9f.jpg
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    made rice, ground beef and beans. cooked it and mixed it all together!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,624 Member
    Options
    I normally only cook on weekends, but Wednesday is my work from home day so I sometimes volunteer. Grilled baby gem with ranch. Air fried everything after looks a bit of a mess. Roast carrot and courgette, roast potato, drumsticks tossed in parmesan/garlic butter sauce.

8psy2bnxi346.jpeg
    66d2gokir9j3.jpeg
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    my husband grilled hamburgers and brats, I made roasted baby potatoes, green beans, and some macaroni salad. The macaroni salad was pre-made and not very good :( I didn't feel like making my own because I'm super lazy.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Big cook tomorrow as part of my standard gift for new parents of a few hours of batch cooking a freezer full of meals. Doing several portions of nam prik ong and my mother's chicken curry. Will also do a Dutch split pea soup.
  • Chrismadison100
    Chrismadison100 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sardines from a can.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Sardines from a can.

A girlfriend showed me a great trick of frying tinned sardines in the oil they are packed in and adding a squeeze of lemon or a squirt of vinegar. Great store cupboard main.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I have a non-vegan version of this cassoulet (if you could call it that) in the oven right now. Instead of making sausages out of some of the beans, I bought some ground chicken and gradually mixed in salt, pepper, fennel seed which I ground (which breaks down really quickly with salt in a mortar and pestle), and powdered garlic. I browned patties of that in two batches and added it to the cooked beans.

The beans also ended up needing an extra 10 min in the instant pot, but once they came out the second time were amazing. And then to add even more deviations, I didn't add breadcrumbs because turns out we didn't have any.
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    A hacked version of this:
    https://paleoglutenfree.com/recipes/spicy-peanut-spaghetti-squash-ramen/

Daikon noodles instead of spaghetti squash, bone broth instead of veg. Added crisped shredded pork, bamboo shoots, slivered red bell, (did use the mushrooms) and topped with avocado. Kept the sauce flavors the same, but scaled back the coconut milk and peanut butter amounts, added some PB powder.
  • JPuffers
    JPuffers Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I smoked some chicken and the wife completed the meal with baked broccoli and garlic knots. Delish
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Greek chicken and lemon rice with a side of baked parmesan zucchini.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    A meal I made last night for company: Homemade minestrone soup, salad, 2 homemade pizzas (one meat, and one vegetarian) and orange sherbet. Of course I did not cook the salad or the sherbet.