NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @cbabie I'm sorry PT is painful, but am glad it's helping. The new home is worth all the stress, I just hope nothing goes wrong with it that we can't afford lol. Thanks for your support! <3

Hi gals. I hope you have a good day, I have a busy day ahead of me. TTYL.

EMPOWERED.
    August goals: track 4 out of 7 days, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, lose 1 lb
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@cbabie, the one fridge hubby wouldn’t let me look at was a Frigidaire. They don’t have a good track record. The stove and dishwasher at the new house are Frigidaire so I’m hoping they hold up for us. The new fridge is a Kitchenaid. Glad that the swelling in your hand was down. How big is the baby now? :)

@theslightedgeforever, Yes to your plan to move as least as possible and eat as much as possible and still lose weight. I want that plan too!! I’m so happy that the carb cycling is working for you. Once I get settled in the new house, I want to do some reading up on it too. I’m always up for a good tweaking! ;)

@trooworld, Our Awana night was great. We had 40 kids and 14 of them are 3 years old. :o Thankfully they are in another area from the rest of the kids. The poor teachers for all those littles were worn out. What do you plan to do with your spare room in your home? I will have an extra room too and I’m trying to figure out what to do with it. Right now it will be a storage room when we move in. :)

TGIF!!! :) I’m very excited because this morning we are doing the walkthrough of the new house with the warranty person who will show us how everything works. This will be my first time seeing the house finished and clean. I'm excited!! My current home is having an inspection this afternoon and I'm praying that we pass without any issues. Tonight for dinner I'm making a meat-lovers Keto Fathead pizza. And tomorrow morning I actually have it on my schedule to get on my treadmill! B)
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm still here. But I think right after I posted about how well I was doing I feel off track and had too much ice cream two nights in a row. Been good since then.

I'm still really struggling with ragweed allergies. Someone mentioned seeing a doctor. I know for sure it's allergies, it happens every year like clockwork. The issue is I have to keep changing the pills I take bc after a while they stop working. So right now, I had a new pack but it is only half working, but they're expensive ($30 a pack) and I can't just throw one out and get another kind. So I'm half done this pack and kind of fed up so I am giving in and going later today to buy a new kind. I will use up the rest of the first pack later in the fall when the season is almost over (this goes on until the first frost which is usually Nov/Dec.). I'm hoping the new kind will work.

I really hate it, fall is my favourite season, but the allergies running some yrs from August to Dec are a real pain.
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Things still been crazy busy here but at least today it was getting ready for holiday. All our clothes, food, kitchen equipment & DVDs are now packed in our caravan (we have a tourer). I've got all the ironing done & a few loads of new washing through- it'll be dry before we go! Bedding dry for when we get back.
    @trooworld not sure what has stung her- we assume wasp. Thankfully it's now going down. She's managed to write some homework today.

@TeresaW1020 I'm packing a bag now - Pinch of Nom Cookbook, WW magazines, WW cookbooms, my fitness planner & weekly food planner! All going on holiday along with my pretty pens- I will get the mindset. Chosen baked lentil "crisps" & WW style cereal bars for journey pic-nic plus WW Wrap "sandwiches". I'd love a fridge like that!! We are hoping to overhaul our kitchen later in the year. What's Awana kids? Is it a particular programme? I've got to plan for CREW- monthly meetings (11+ group). New house- exciting times. We've been here 20 years & bought from new- was very exciting. Looking at a decor refresh & overhaul kitchen + ensuite. We've done the girls rooms, family bathroom & downstairs cloaks!

@cbabie -ouch!! Hang in there with the PT. 4 years ago I had major shoulder surgery & I thought I wasn't going to get much movement back. Physio was depressing. Took a year to get a decent range & be generally pain free. I am still making gains- I can shoulder press 4kg now - a year ago I couldn't do that movement. But I do understand it's so frustrating when you're going through it.

@theslightedgeforever - hats! Depends on the wedding & fashion. When I got married in 80s it followed 2 Royal Weddings (Charles & Di then Andrew & Fergie) hats were generally worn because it was the fashion. In our late teens & early 20s a group of us often wore hats to special church services- much to the amusement of our mothers! The Bride's & Groom's mothers had statement hats & quite a lot of the family & close friends had smaller hats or head pieces. We didn't!

@its_cleo hope you can get allergy meds sorted. We've had a carry on with antihistamines for eldest with this sting reaction- 2 made no difference at all. I cam empathise with the ice cream. I recently discovered an amazing place where we used to live & a similar parlour has opened up in Durham. With my cousin's kids being around we've had way too many ice cream parlour treats.

I can't believe I'm listening to a TV programme comparing Def Lepard & Bon Jovi!! I think it's an 80s music night. I'm going to finish packing my planner & recipe stuff then a quick craft tidy & bed. We're doing the journey south in 2 days. We'll travel back in 1 but we didn't want a really early start in order to get 8-11 hour journey in 1 day.( We are restricted in our speed when towing & the traffic on M5 motorway is usually heavy with holiday makers to Wales, Devon & Cornwall, during summer). After 5 busy weeks I can't wait to chill. Outdoor pool too- praying for good weather.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,218 Member
    Options
    Quick check in. Still going strong with my food even though I went out to eat tonight. Dh changed my plan and so after a small panic I figured out I could eat a quesadilla of 8 pieces and just eat 5 of them. I took out 3 and put them on a separate plate. He ate those. lol Brunch yesterday was good. I followed the plan there taking pics and all so I could record later. Exercise has been good the last two days. Scale seems to be dropping an ounce at a time this week. :s but it's dropping. So I'm focusing on the good habits I'm making.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Wow, 14 3 year olds! I'm sure those teachers had their hands full lol. Well, the spare room right now is just wall-to-wall storage. I HAD hoped to make it a yoga and meditation studio but that ain't happening! There is no zen in there. Do you do crafts? You could make it a craft room...I'd love a craft room! You could make it an all-around "she-shed" lol like on that insurance commercial. Make it your hang-out room. Or, you could make it a guest room. I hope the inspection and walkthrough go well! That's exciting!

@its_cleo I hope the allergies let up soon for you. I have mysterious allergies that appear random times of the year and I don't know what causes it and it makes me miserable. Maybe it was something in the environment I was living in because so far this year, they haven't bothered me much.

@joannadavison I might have missed this, but where are you going on vacation to? I hope you have fun!

@theslightedgeforever The scale is going in the right direction, that is good. Yay for good habits!!!

Hello gals. Today is date day with the husband. It doesn't necessarily mean we will go anywhere, it just means he won't go over to his brother's today and I will have him all to myself for the day lol. BUT...I am hoping to talk him into going to dinner somewhere that we have an entertainment book coupon for. We are also going to play boardgames and get groceries woo hoo exciting times ahead! ;)

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @its_cleo, have you tried Flonase for your allergies? My husband switched to it from Loratadine that he was taking and has been very happy with the results.

@joannadavison, sounds like you are all set for your holiday. I hope you have a great time! Awana is a church program for kids 3 to 6th grade. They have something for older kids, but we don’t go past 6th grade. The main focus is kids learning Bible verses through memorization. They have a book that they follow and win awards for each area they complete. They also have a great time playing games and our children’s pastor gives a little lesson at the end every week. I’m the secretary so I keep track of their attendance and awards. We do fun things like have crazy hair night, dress up like your favorite superhero, etc. It’s fun! :)

@theslightedgeforver, it’s good to have a husband willing to eat what you can’t. :D A dropping scale is always a GOOD thing!! B)

@trooworld, I don’t really do crafts although I think that would be fun! I do like the “she-shed” idea and maybe have a TV, reading chair, and a table for doing jigsaw puzzles. There is a slight chance that my mother might be moving in. Uggghhh! I’m not even going there right now. :s Have fun with hubby! :)

Well, I woke up with a stuffy nose and a scratchy throat and have only gotten worse as the day has gone on. Soooo don’t have time to be sick!! :s I’m sucking on zinc drops every two hours and spending the day resting. Mostly, I’ve been doing online “wish” shopping for the new house. Yesterday, walkthrough was fun, and I really liked learning all about my new home. I think we will be very happy there.

I also did something really radical today and I canceled my WW membership! :o I haven’t gotten anything out WW for almost 5 months now since I started intermittent fasting and low carb eating. The only thing I was getting from them was the weekly weigh-ins and I honestly don't need that anymore. I have been sitting there feeling like a fraud because I don't follow their plan at all. So, I pulled the plug and now I will have an extra $500 a year to spend on new clothes for my slimming body! ;)
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all

I went to the grocery store all by myself...LOL . Little things in life make me smile. I am trying to work my hand a little more each day and when I am sitting, watching the TV (bored) I try to stretch it a little more...

@TeresaW1020 I am so excited for you in your move. Yes I would never buy another Frigidaire again..good for you for cancelling and yes those new clothes will be calling your name.

@joannadavison Thank you for the encouragement. it helps. Enjoy your holiday!

@trooworld Sounds like a fun time with DH...Enjoy, at my age I look back and wish I had done more for my family as far as being there!

@its_cleo I hope your allergies cease...It stinks. My DH suffers with those and it's hard to see him miserable.

@theslightedgeforever Tell DH he is helping you become a healthier you...LOL

Cbabie

• TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Apologies - I have been MIA. Lots of things going on here. I am only working Monday and Tuesday next week - we were supposed to go away in the caravan but that has not come to fruition. The following week - I work Mon to Thur and then have 4 weeks off, we will be travelling around the south end of Western Australia.
    The now say the tendon that runs along the outside of the ankle is inflamed and again limited my walking. I am following the exercises religiously as I do not want be stuck when we are on holidays. Grand daughter has moved back with her mother, that has taken alot of adjustment in this household and we are still working through it. IF has gone down the drain - intend to get back to it this week

I skimmed the posts above

@cbabie my thoughts are with you as always

@trooworld - Fridgaire - does not have a good rep here either

@theslightedgeforever - Glad you are going great with carb cycling

@teresaw1020 - I have an office I call my own - may have another room to myself (see above). Wow - when you pay it monthly - it does not seem that much - good call if you are not using it.

@its_cleo - I hope your allergies get better

@joannadavison - Safe travels

@retiredandlobingit - Congrats on the loss

@renaegry - Great that you can make use of the waiting time to your benefit

Hello to the newbies - Sorry if I have missed anyone

Take care
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @teresaw1020 I think you did the right thing on WW. Especially for $500 a year. I've had my mil live with me for 4 years now. Set your boundaries early and stick with them. I do it as a pay it forward kind of thing. One day I might need a place to stay and hope my daughter in law will do it for me. I've made a safe haven out of my bedroom. I'll go there to read or watch TV cause I really like to be alone with no noise. Since that's not possible downstairs, I make life comfortable for me. Then when I'm ready to be sociable, I go be sociable.

@cbabie Glad you are checking in here more. The past can't be changed, we can just learn from it. So you can be there more for your family now and in the future. One of my lessons this was in my 100 day book is Keep the junk in the backyard(past). Go to the front yard and plant lots of flowers.

@trishastime The good thing is that you are still here and you are trying. Family situations can be tricky sometimes and can cause us to eat like no other, I think. Sorry to hear about the tendon. So maybe now concentrate on eating fruits and vegetables, lean meats until you can get back to walking and all. Your trip sounds so fun.

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Date nights are fun. We have date mornings. Every Saturday morning we go to breakfast. That's about the extent of it. I love playing games but he doesn't so that's out. lol So have your been tracking your food? August is almost over. Soon we'll have to come up with some September goals.

I had a really good night in the gym. 3 days in a row. Sundays are rest days for me. Food has still been good. Tomorrow is my Day 90 so weigh in day. We'll see what this last 10 days has done for me.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Well, there you go: make it a "she-shed" and face the mother situation if it happens. Thanks, we ended up taking a nap and listening to an audiobook and that's about it! That makes sense for you to cancel your WW membership...more money for those clothes woo hoo!

@cbabie Doing things like that probably help more than you know. I wish we had more time to spend together, but work and family get in the way. :( BUT...I treasure the time we do spend together and maybe if we spent more time together, we'd get on each other's nerves lol.

@TrishasTime I hope you get used to GD being out of the house okay. Good luck getting back to IF. It's nice to "see" you here again, I was wondering where you were.

@theslightedgeforever Date mornings sound just as good as date days/nights. We didn't end up playing games, we took a nap and then listened to an audiobook. No, I haven't been tracking. Remember a long time ago when we were talking about commitment vs interest? Well, I'm neither interested or committed at this point. But I'm exploring, so that's a step in the right direction. I'm thinking of September goals. Mine are going to be very basic so I can meet them.

Hello gals. I'm going to meet a friend for tea this morning. At least that is what is on the calendar, we'll see if that happens lol. I have to make one meal today, an enchilada meatball bake for dinner with a side of steamed green beans. Other than that, I am going to do household chores and read. I hope your Sunday is wonderful! <3

EMPOWERED.
  • trooworld
    Options
    ar8xmfvfgrdk.jpg
  • trooworld
    Options
    Good morning gals. I can't believe I'm the first person on here lol. Well, I went to meet my friend for tea yesterday. Actually, I got coffee and an acai bowl since I was hungry. My throat was bothering me and it progressed into feeling sick. I got some Cold Calm and took that and I feel somewhat better but I feel like I could get full-blown sick any time now. I know where it stems from: I went to Macy's on Saturday to pick up an order and the sales lady had a runny nose and instead of getting a tissue and blowing her nose, she took her hands and ran each hand across her nose and used her hand as a tissue! She did this about 10 times! She said, "I'm sorry, it's just allergies!" Yeah right. That's why I'm getting sick right now!!! :( So I was out for the count for the day, and for dinner for me, I made chicken noodle soup in my Instant Pot. It came out really good. I'm going to go to work and see how long I last. Have a good day!

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @TrishasTime, I hope you have a great 4 weeks off and enjoy your traveling. Will you be seeing new sights or returning to places you already know? I can only imagine how frustrated you are over your ankle issues! <3

@theslightedgeforever, it’s not that I don’t want my mom to move in. Truthfully, I’m a little scared of it all. My husband and my mom are both 76 years old and while they are both good now, I know that they are both aging and having to cope with two elderly people all by myself freaks me out. Right now I’m leaving it in God’s hands and I know that if it’s His will then He will make a way. I’m just praying that the way stays in Florida! ;)

@trooworld, Yup that girl gave you her cold! :# I caught the same one from someone! I went to work today but came home at noon and have been sitting in a fog trying to put together a grocery list. I gave up. :/

Hey everyone, my cold is still hanging on but I think it’s getting better. At least hubby doesn’t show any signs of getting it yet. I went back to tracking today on MFP. I don’t think it’s good for me to not do anything about monitoring what I eat. I’m tracking total carbs right now and plan to keep Wednesday’s as my weigh-in day. I will just be weighing in at home and recording that number. I got this!! B)
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Good day all. @trooworld and @TeresaW1020 hope you feel better. I have been checking in off and on and started logging again today. Still don’t quite have my head in the game. Waiting till after the long weekend. (Excuses excuses lol). I haven’t totally gave up, did a fitbod workout yesterday and went for a walk today during football practice. Planning on a jog Tom during practice. Hope everyone is doing well will commit more to the group and myself and progress in T minus 7 days. Lol. Think i have gained a good 7 pounds this last month
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Nice graphic message. I hope you feel better. Chicken noodle soup sounds good. So back to your exploring.....I'm learning when I feel resistance to something I want to be doing I've made it too hard to succeed. So let's begin with tracking. You wanted to do 4 out of 7 days. Are you doing any whole days right now? If not, then start with 1 day out of 7. The gap between where you are right now and where you want to be is too wide so close the gap a bit. Another good task to do is journal about why it's so hard. I did that recently with clean off my dresser. It seems to be a catch all for everything I really don't know what to do with so I'll put it here for now until I can figure it out. That seems to be forever. So I'm dealing with clean off 1/4 of my dresser. That's doable. That clean empty spot of the dresser is motivating.

@teresaw1020 You made me laugh at the FL comment. I totally get where you are coming from. My mil is 89 and has dementia. So I live with that everyday. I want to age like Betty White or Jimmy Carter. Yes, any plan works as long as you work the plan.

@renaegry It took me about a month after returning home from vacation to get my head back in the game. I had so many starts and restarts. But I've been making first downs a lot this month. Even scored a couple of touchdowns. :spikes the ball and does a dance in the end zone: Penalty flags be damned

So I was very COMMITTED tonight. Dh decided he wanted donuts so he asked ds to bring some on his way home. This is a red day for me. :s That means 100 g of carbs. Plus it's nighttime so I've already consumed about 90% of my carbs. There's no room for donuts in my plan at this point. But he brings home a dozen and got me two of my favorite. My food pusher hubby says he got your favorite. I said well this is a red day for me so I'll have to wait til Thursday to eat it. I'll just freeze mine and eat it then. Dh says, but it won't be as good then. I repeat, this is a red day for me. I'll just wait. So he eats his and then tears off a piece and puts it under my nose. Here, just take a small piece. THIS IS A RED DAY FOR ME. :D So I have a nice little treat waiting for me on Thursday which I will eat and enjoy in front of him. He ate 3 and then was complaining about his stomach. I also passed up cupcakes today. I went to visit a friend who just had surgery and took her some mini cupcakes. I walked up to the bakery since it's close to my house instead of driving. Then got on the treadmill for 15 min for some extra exercise and then did a 15 min yoga video.

May we all be COMMITTED to our plans tomorrow. One day at a time.

Oh, in my 100 day book, my assignment today was entitled How Not to Maintain. It said list all the behaviors and actions that cause you to regain weight that you have lost. Next, flip those and make positive actions out of them. Choose 2-3 and follow those today.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 She sure did! Girl, I went home yesterday after 2 1/2 hours of working, I just couldn't lol. And I'm not going to work today, I have no energy. My throat is sore. My nose is a little stuffed up. Luckily, that is the extent of the symptoms for NOW. I'm sorry you got sick, too. I hope you feel better soon. <3

@renaegry Thank you, me too! I think it's great that you have the football practice to kind of force you to exercise (at least it would force me to).

@theslightedgeforever Thanks, me too. No, I am not doing any whole days right now. Actually, I am going to start with tracking breakfast. The only time I have to journal is on the weekends. Or possibly for 5 minutes at lunch? Did journaling help you with your dresser? Maybe that space is a catch all because you don't have a space for those items? That's what happens to me. I know, we aren't solving your problem, we are talking about my tracking lol. I couldn't help myself. Since I'm home sick today, maybe I will do some journaling. Oh my gosh, your hubby needs to be spanked! I can't believe he tore off a piece of donut and put it under your nose! lol You did excellent with your COMMITMENT. :D

Hello all. I feel like crud so I'm staying home today rather than try to push through it and end up driving an hour to work only having to turn around and come home.

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever, hahaha your hubby is a jerk!! :D:D You need to be plotting some serious payback for that donut under your nose stunt. I seriously applaud you for NOT eating donuts and saving your portion for when you can have it on your plan. That is how to be successful!! B) I went into work yesterday and there was a Krispy Kreme donut box on a table outside my office. Of course, I opened the box and there was one perfect jelly-filled donut just sitting there winking at me. >:) I snatched it up and as quick as I could and sprayed glass cleaner all over that carb-filled yumminess and dumped it in the trash. :p

@trooworld, so sorry you are still sick. Get some rest!! <3

Well, I feel much better today and for that I'm thankful! We just got the call that the home appraiser is coming tomorrow so I need to get the house cleaned up ONE more time!! We also got the home inspection report back yesterday and need to do several little things to make our buyer happy. I just want this over!! I'll be in my new home in 13 days. I can't wait!! B)
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Yes, if you aren't doing whole days this start with breakfast. It literally takes less than two minutes per meal. You could journal thoughts in 5 min while you are eating lunch. The point isn't the time but the action completed and getting thoughts out of your head onto paper so you can analyze them. Yes on journaling my dresser. Anything I show resistance to not doing I ask myself why am I not doing it and then list all those reasons(excuses). That's all they are. Excuses. I told you hubby was a food pusher. I didn't recognize that until recently when I did one of my exercises in my book. I'm almost done with this book and will be starting my new 100 day book on Sept 9. I hope you make a quick recovery.

@teresaw1020 Good for you on the Windexing the donut. I had seriously thought about just swiping my finger in the frosting on my donut for just a taste. Tastes don't have many carbs. But then I knew I would say, ooh that's really good and give in. Thursday will be here soon. I just have to remember to defrost it early. lol oh two more weeks. That's exciting. New home to go with your new body.

So another day done. Nothing really exciting today but I did do my walk and my yoga. I made a really good bean salad. I had that with a couple pieces of chicken for dinner.

https://pinterest.com/pin/338966309454118791/