WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    dcolander - what shall we call you? I love your before and after pics. :D

Just got back from the doctor. My lowest ever 'white coat' BP reading! 130/78. Hooray! I used my Calm app in the waiting room and looked at pics of the grandchildren. I do take 10 mg Amlodipine. Normally the first reading is 145/84.

This morning I had to stop working on the new laptop as I was getting stressed. It was sending all my photos to One Drive and then telling me it was full up and would I like to pay? NO! I already have Dropbox. I only want One Drive for my memoir. So, do I have to delete them all manually? Grrrrrrrrrr! Grrrrrrrrrr! I didn't want my blood pressure up, so I stopped.
    I also didn't like at all the way Windows 10 has organised my photos, just in date order. All my carefully curated folders, with labels, have disappeared, so I don't know what I've got any more. I had such a good system.
    Still haven't done my docs. Hate it.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Machka - Yes, he has Hotmail on his phone and wants to download the photos I and DDIL send him to keep on his Gallery. It is a Samsung, not the latest make. In desperation I Googled screenshot for him and told him how to do it. Now he can do it and crop the bits he doesn't want after I explained how to do that! o:) I'm supposed to be the technophobe! :#

Walking back from the doctor, someone had put some small items of wooden furniture out on the street. I was tempted, as I need a bedside table for my study/guest room, but they would need painting. I am lazy. :/:s On top of them was a selection of children's books - good ones, mainly by our current Children's Laureate. :D I took those plus some horse sticker books for my grand daughters . Free books!

Janetr - I really hope you can get your knee sorted out without too much hassle and NO cost to you. It must be their fault. Grrrrrrrrrr!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather - thanks for you comment. I don't have to ever pay much as after our Medicare pays their part, all that was not covered is paid by Jack's Air Force retirement health insurance. We are ever so thankful that we have that. The amount I paid for every surgery I've had since married to him was $20 upon admission to the hospital.

If the bone scan shows there is no loosing of the apparatus from the bones or no other major problems, we will leave it as is for now.

Janetr OKC
  • dcolander
    dcolander Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    cityjaneLondon my name is Donna or you can call me #rundmc#. Thank you and hang in their with your BP little over 5 years mine was totally out of control but it’s very good with my meds and life style change.
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Donna - we oldies appreciate it if you sign each post with your name. <3:D
    Brain can't cope. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Debby in VA, I work in a storage facility in Canada, we do auctions also, but when a unit sells we do ask the person who buys it to return any personal items, photos, legal docs, that kind of thing so maybe the storage place where your daughter's stuff is has the same policy. It's certainly worth asking!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    RV Rita - Can’t you use that dog print to make a T-shirt? Thought you can.

Donna C.- You look so beautiful in your gym pictures!

Debby VA - Or ask the person who wins the auction if you can have the baby album if he says no.

Ate a spinach leaf salad 🥗 with cucumber, tomato,cooked spinach y onion on top, crushed tortilla chips dust lol, chicken,y Walden chipotle 0cal dressing. Yummy had 8oz of tea watered down. Online trying to order more safety locks for the washer it broke again! Plastic bleeps are cheaply made! Trying to pair it with JRs Christmas but still haven’t found anything so to be continued.....

Amber Tx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options
    T-shirt of the puppies.... hmmmm good idea! :)
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @Machka9 thanks! I downloaded Malwarebytes and it quarantined several files all with "mackeeper" on them. I then read online "In May 2014 a lawsuit was filed... in Pennsylvania, alleging that MacKeeper fakes security problems to deceive victims into paying for unneeded fixes." what does the complied sleep system consist of?

@okiewoman isn't it better to keep it on for scans rather than delete it (the free version).

@1948Peachy yeah, things are not always so strict in every area here.it depends. in some areas really strict.in others, artistic license. sometimes it's good and sometime not. this was fine for me. maybe the cat's a marketing ploy to incite customers to come back.

@barbiecat is it light out between 4 and 5 or is It ok to go for a walk in the dark?

@margaretturk browsing data, is that browsing history or something else? cookies? I have too much old junk on the computer.

@JRsLateInLifeMom sorry you had a not great night and worrisome thoughts and you grump too. not alone!

@cityjaneLondon possibly computer changeover is one of those things that gets worse before it gets better.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Boy, am I glad it's Friday. I think I'll hit the gym tomorrow during that time of day when it's almost deserted and then I get all the machines to myself. muwahahaha. Oh, I bought a pair of arthritis gloves. They compress the finger knuckles pretty well but don't seem to offer any wrist compression. Maybe this brand is just kind of loose... I did measure my hands. I'm a bog standard Medium. Other exercise this weekend will consist of helping my husband repair some of the planks in the deck and fix the washing machine. I like the gym better. LOL
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Julie - Leaving a paid version on would be great. I don't tend to go to many questionable sites so the genius downloaded and checked a few things (I was having issues with my work mac) and then deleted it. He told me I could do the same on my home macs so I did. Every few months I do it again to see if anything is quarantined.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Gothchic- Who knows the products vary so much now of days that some don’t fit the way I remember them...guess they found out it’s better to be redesigned than what our Moms y Grandma used to use
    Amber Tx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Penny good to see you posting again.
    @Machka9 thanks! I downloaded Malwarebytes and it quarantined several files all with "mackeeper" on them. I then read online "In May 2014 a lawsuit was filed... in Pennsylvania, alleging that MacKeeper fakes security problems to deceive victims into paying for unneeded fixes." what does the complied sleep system consist of?

@okiewoman isn't it better to keep it on for scans rather than delete it (the free version).

@1948Peachy yeah, things are not always so strict in every area here.it depends. in some areas really strict.in others, artistic license. sometimes it's good and sometime not. this was fine for me. maybe the cat's a marketing ploy to incite customers to come back.

@barbiecat is it light out between 4 and 5 or is It ok to go for a walk in the dark?

@margaretturk browsing data, is that browsing history or something else? cookies? I have too much old junk on the computer.

@JRsLateInLifeMom sorry you had a not great night and worrisome thoughts and you grump too. not alone!

@cityjaneLondon possibly computer changeover is one of those things that gets worse before it gets better.

On my chromebook I go to more tools. I find it in the right hand corner next to the star there are three vertical dots. Then I go to clearbrowsing data. It gives me the choice of one hour, 24 hours, 7 days, one month, all time. I have never used all time. I have used the month. The cookies are cleared when you use this function. If I find myself browsing in sites I don't usually visit I try to clear it right away in using the one hour. Sometimes I have to log into this site again after using it. I am on automatic log in and I do not erase this function in the clearing the browsing data so it has not been a problem. Before doing this I would make sure you know user name and passwords for sites you use often.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I just want this week over. I drove 150 miles to the all day meeting on Wednesday only I was the only one to show up, the meeting was Thursday. So came home arranged for coverage and went back yesterday. Then got home in time to take two of the DGD's to Jach Williams and it was so loud. So working a 12 hour shift today and want to just go home and go to bed. Just feel really dumb about the mix up. DH just laughed it off and said no big deal.
    At least it has not rained for several days. But sounds like tonight and tomorrow is rain. Poor fair runs until Monday night. Know the numbers are down and they are giving anyone who rides one of the buses from tha mall free gate tickets for next year.

Luci--I am diabetic and my AC1 in Aug was 5.3. I take meformin and so far I have done well.
    Connie--Glad you got good news on your mom's tests. Keeping you all in prayer for the treatments she does have to have.

Teri--beautiful quilt. What a nice gift.

Penny--Glad to see you post. Sounds like you are keeping busy.

Dana--Sorry to hear DD is having trouble getting her divorce done. Sometimes those ex's drag things on just to be a pain
    Barbie--Sounds good and healthly, glad DH is getting to enjoy his garden.

Up to page 96, but out of time for today. I am off the weekend and work Monday, 12 hour shift a lone. I am looking forward to having a day to catch up little things and get ready for the week.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,949 Member
    Options
    :)bananasandoranges, I live in a very safe neighborhood with flat, smooth streets and a light in front of each house. I carry a flashlight and walk with dogs. I have walked this early in this neighborhood for the last eight years even in the dark in the morning and love every minute of it. I know how fortunate I am to live in such a safe place.

:)Heather, congrats to you on the challenges you've met in the techno world.

<3Vicki, what a rough day for you driving so far and then having to go back again the next day.

:) My line dance class this morning was small probably due to lots of people going out of town but the people who were there had a great time and laughed a lot. It was very warm and muggy and a few left halfway through the class because of the heat. I was so happy to get home to lunch prepared by Jake--low sodium marinara sauce over steamed cauliflower and a piece of chicken breast.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Bananasandoranges – the retirement was for one of my department heads. I can retire under civil service at any time (and I turn 65 in November). I will most likely retire in early 2021-have a couple of long term things I would like to finish. I use malware bytes on my MacBook Air. Helped take care of some adware junk that popped up.

JanetrOKC – sorry they think revision may be in your future. I know people have to have them for artificial joints—I am hoping my two hips don’t ever need that. But-if I have to to keep active, I guess I will. Hope they find alternative.

HeatherUK – why not just save memoirs on laptop (or a flash drive) and forget OneDrive?

Doctor visit went well today. Numbers are good. Blood pressure is great. Vitamin D is right at the borderline so we decided for me to start back on those supplements (calcium and vitamin D). My thyroid meds mess with that. Of course, 23 years ago when I was first diagnosed they didn’t know how much. Doc thinks good idea to just plan doing that as maintenance from here on out.

Talked to doc about good weight for me and if current plan to end up with maintenance range between 135-140 was a healthy level. He asked “Do you have an appetite?” Yep, no problem. “Are you tired a lot?” Nope, do 10,000 to 15,000 steps a day, light workouts, work full-time. “Are you eating fairly balanced and enough?” Yep-following MFP, try to eat up to net calories. Have been losing .2 lbs to .6 per week.

Turns out my doc, who is near my age and tall and lean uses MFP! He said with my bloodwork, how I feel, and using MFP to track and make sure I eat enough, he has no concerns. Said the way I am handling it is just what you should do. He said he is comfortable with my goal, it will keep me at healthy BMI (upper to mid-range), but probably don’t want to go for a 20. Gave the sensible doctor advice of “try not to have too many empty calories” but you don’t have to deprive yourself either (he’s making s’mores with grandchildren tonight and will eat them!) Reminded me my kids may get concerned because my cancer is always in the back of the mind. Also said he believes some folks who will comment that others are “too skinny” (when they are really at a healthy weight/bmi) is because our views of normal weights has changed. Of course, if I lose my appetite, loose more weight than I want or start feeling unusually tired, I need to go see him. On the whole a good visit. Except for thyroid meds (which I must take) and the vitamin d/calcium, no medications!

Hope everyone does something relaxing this weekend. I am visiting a child at hospital tomorrow, then going to son’s for a grill out and meet his new lady friend. Think I will pick up a couple of things to cook on grill for my meals this week. I love grilled meat, and winter will be here all too soon.

Take care all,
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Penney: 1000 miles of running in 365 days is AMAZING! :star: I am happy to see you posting again. I’ve missed you. :flowerforyou:

Evie: Thanks for your kind words about my trip. :star:

NYKaren: Listening to another person is often the nicest possible thing to do for them. You were brilliant! :bigsmile:

Michele in NC: The last time I read a post from Lenora was months ago. I hope she is okay. :flowerforyou:

Karen in VA: Congrats on passing the PALS recertification at 98%! WTG!!! :bigsmile:

Barbie: Jake did a great job with lunch. It is always better when you have a chance to cook with ingredients you’ve grown, yourself. :smiley:

Viv: Good luck with your kitchen. I hope it all goes together just as you want it to be. :star:

Heather: When I get a photo via email I drag and drop it onto my computer desk top. I move it into my photo files from there. Can your DH do something like this? :flowerforyou:

Yesterday afternoon I finally was able to get out to the stable and play with Arrow. The afternoon was too hot to ride, so we stayed inside the shady arena. He was happy to get out of his stall and move his body. He bucked and snorted a while and then settled down. By the end he was following me like a gentleman, without any lead rope. He kept his left eye beside my closed right fist that I was holding up level with my right shoulder. After our play time I brushed him down and put him back in his stall, then went to visit my friend who owns him. She was in her kitchen making dog food for her two dogs. We had a nice visit and I came home.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Played 9 holes of golf then it got too hot. Had a surprise rain/wind episode late this afternoon.
    Lanette- I am allergic to adhesive tape too. Now all my records list it as an allergy and they have to use paper tape.
    Janet- sorry your knee is acting up. Hope there is no damage shown on the mri.
    I couldn’t sleep last night. Think I finally got to sleep about 3 am and had to get up at 6:30.
    Need to know M In OZ’s sleep system.
    Going out to the ranch for the Labor Day holiday. Hope it isn’t too hot out there.
    SueBDew in TX
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Karen-the 200 is just to be at the auction,it’s 150 to pay the storage fee and plus a late charge.
    Debby In Va