Products of Interest: CANADIAN Edition

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    edited June 2019
    It's the Mandarin, it's not worth lining up for ages to gorge yourself on terrible food. We once felt like bad Chinese food and walked by a Mandarin, the wait for a table was like 20 minutes, we kept walking ...then again I just hate lining up for things
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    just got back from Winners - came across this and had just read the thread so picked one up! hoping its good?!nxf8dvb83sry.png
  • redcase
    redcase Posts: 69 Member
    edited June 2019
    just got back from Winners - came across this and had just read the thread so picked one up! hoping its good?!

I love it!

• redcase
    just_Tomek wrote: »

Good to know! Thanks!

I saw the Caulipower pizzas at Costco, but I didn't want to buy three. The single boxes at Fortinos are so freakin' expensive.

• Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    just got back from Winners - came across this and had just read the thread so picked one up! hoping its good?!nxf8dvb83sry.png

Does this stuff have a strong sweetener taste? I'm pretty used to the sucrolose flavour at this point, but if I could minimize that I would.
  • redcase
    Does this stuff have a strong sweetener taste? I'm pretty used to the sucrolose flavour at this point, but if I could minimize that I would.

I'd love to help you with that but I very rarely eat anything with actual sugar in it so I can't really compare. LOL
    It is very sweet, but I don't get that gross chemical taste from it.

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    edited June 2019
    redcase wrote: »
    just got back from Winners - came across this and had just read the thread so picked one up! hoping its good?!

I love it!

good to know - I too purchased some in a variety pack and was hoping it wasn't 'just sweet' and that it actually tastes like 'birthday cake'...now I'm intrigued to getting to try it.

Curious, how do you 'all use yours??
  • shaynehartwell70
    shaynehartwell70 Posts: 7 Member
    Kashi bars from Costco. 2 bars in each package 170 cal total.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

I love it!

good to know - I too purchased some in a variety pack and was hoping it wasn't 'just sweet' and that it actually tastes like 'birthday cake'...now I'm intrigued to getting to try it.

I'm interested in this too - haven't cracked mine open yet, but wondering what people use it with/on?
  • redcase
    edited June 2019

I wondered that too when I bought it!

I put it in protein shakes, and actually it's yummy in coffee too, I bet it would be super good in a latte or something like that. :)

As of yesterday my Winners had Waffle Cone, Birthday Cake and Cookie Dough in stock, but not many. I had to dig. Actually I passed on the Cookie Dough in favour of Irish Cream based on just_Tomek's recommendation.

• PAPYRUS3

I wondered that too when I bought it!

I put it in protein shakes, and actually it's yummy in coffee too, I bet it would be super good in a latte or something like that. :)

As of yesterday my Winners had Waffle Cone, Birthday Cake and Cookie Dough in stock, but not many. I had to dig. Actually I passed on the Cookie Dough in favour of Irish Cream based on just_Tomek's recommendation.

Great call.
    And now with this hot weather, make cold brew or iced coffee and add that in.

and to add to that...I find the 'cookie dough' just sweet...nothing to get excited over. I'm such a espresso/coffee person, that I'm glad to find out the BD cake one pairs nicely in a coffee drink.
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    I found the Skinny Syrup at Popeyes supplements in a store in Ottawa
  • PAPYRUS3
    I posted about their wild shrimp burgers before, and now found they have wild tuna burgers as well. Delish. Just had two patties for dinner last night in a proper burger form with bun and all the trimmings. They grill beautifully on the bbq and dont fall apart.
    9249880277022.jpg

these look very yummy - saw your posting of your 'creation' of this too...delicious I'm sure (where did you purchase? Not at my Superstore/Safeway)

vparu7vbslf5.jpg

Bought my 'first' pumpkin flavor today...along with my other favorites...sorry - It's almost that time of year :o

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Found these for bagel substitution. They have a bit tougher texture untoasted but toasted with cream cheese are pretty good. Bought them at Walmart and have 100 calories each. They are kind of like the thin bagels I love in the US and are also gluten free if you have issues with gluten.

baw2sdugli3z.jpeg
  • cheryldumais
    I buy these often when on sale. They are nothing special. They are just a shaved bagel, but I like this taste / texture better. Pumpernickel is my fav followed by everything.
    Surprisingly they are the cheapest at WholeFoods around here and often go on sale. They also have all of the flavours there.

I live in Alberta so we have much less variety than you do in the East. But glad to hear you have tried and enjoyed them. I like that they are only 100 calories. I've had better bagels but not for this calorie count.
  • cheryldumais
    Also been looking for a bagel that I could cut thinner that would work out the same and found none. Most bagels weigh in at 280 or more and sliced in four would still not give me two pieces for 100 calories. Do you have suggestions for something I might find here in the west?
  • april1779
    april1779 Posts: 37 Member
    edited October 2019
    wgrb2s1vr95u.png
    These are yummy, even my eight year old likes them. We've only tried the sea salt and salt and vinegar flavors so far, but for 100g it's only 40cals for 10g, which is a good amount in a little sandwich baggy. I love salt, so these are great :) Found them at Sobeys, but can get them at other places. I think they are out of Ontario.
  • redcase
    Simply outstanding.

Oooh needing a dessert idea for Xmas dinner, I may give this a shot! Thanks!