What’s a red flag for you?

Replies

• Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    when she doesn't pay for my meal nor spots me a $20 and lets me borrow her car for a few minutes when i REALLY need it. like wow you know she's just selfish for real though.

agq8on82ujft.gif

This
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    I don’t think anything (aside from evil) is a red flag for me, I don’t expect things to always go smoothly. I can’t be hurt then.

I was like that too for the longest time, until I made myself start having faith in people outside myself. Sometimes they may let you down, yes, but the "fail safe" is always there as a cautionary tool to revert to automatically . The pain is less severe when you are prepped for the worst possible eventuality. Hugs.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    If she goes on and on good or bad about an ex.....only to find out this "ex" was just an internet thing and she never even met him in real life.....

Disturbing and sad.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    An excessive use of selfie filters is not acceptable.

Agreed.

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    I'm not really looking for a partner, but red flags can be a general thing with friends as well:

- people who constantly talk about their issues (make them sound massive as well) but refuse to listen to any advice. To them everything is "useless" and their life is just supposed to be hell
    - people that plan out activities, make you put it in the calendar etc, and then when it's supposed to take place, never show up or even inform you that they weren't coming
    - people who get upset when your first priority isn't to say hello to them after getting home from a trip

I could probably think of more, but these are the ones that have stuck in my memory. None of these people remained as my friends for that long after these incidents (that were repeated).

Another, not the same category:
    - when you are always the one sending the first text (I've stopped texting first after noticing this with people, and just like that, I've lost maybe 4 "friends". This one is more a sign of the friendship not being that valued from the other side, or maybe not being viewed as a friendship at all, and for that reason, it's more of a "letting go" and not an actual red flag)

That last one still gets me. Because I don’t want to be a needy pest but I also don’t want to keep score or play games at all.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    I'm not really looking for a partner, but red flags can be a general thing with friends as well:

- people who constantly talk about their issues (make them sound massive as well) but refuse to listen to any advice. To them everything is "useless" and their life is just supposed to be hell
    - people that plan out activities, make you put it in the calendar etc, and then when it's supposed to take place, never show up or even inform you that they weren't coming
    - people who get upset when your first priority isn't to say hello to them after getting home from a trip

I could probably think of more, but these are the ones that have stuck in my memory. None of these people remained as my friends for that long after these incidents (that were repeated).

Another, not the same category:
    - when you are always the one sending the first text (I've stopped texting first after noticing this with people, and just like that, I've lost maybe 4 "friends". This one is more a sign of the friendship not being that valued from the other side, or maybe not being viewed as a friendship at all, and for that reason, it's more of a "letting go" and not an actual red flag)

That last one still gets me. Because I don’t want to be a needy pest but I also don’t want to keep score or play games at all.

Yeah, but if I am doing all the work to keep the interaction going... that's a statement. A couple of times I can see but if every interaction begins only because I made the contact, that's a huge red flag and I have to assume that person is not truly interested.