Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Why do some people treat everything as a joke? Is it just some deep rooted insecurity on their part?

As someone who does this a lot, i often wonder if it’s because I’ve never known any real tragedy in my life.

What you have gone through would be considered major tragedy to some.

She just knew how to find the light(er) in that situation

Are we talking about the uterus fire or the houseterectomy

Hey they really did burn out the inside of my uterus, while I was awake. Thanks for that flashback :grimace:
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Did I just read the words "houseterectomy" and "uterus fire"? :laugh:

ffbta0knaa6d.gif
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,868 Member
    Options
    I wonder if working in retail actually does some psychological damage to people. The sheer volume of people that come through the store...like does that have some desensitisation effect on the staff? It’s not really normal to talk to like over 200 people in a day.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,868 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have like a set of “go-to” happy memories in their catalogue of thoughts to elicit a smile without it appearing synthetic?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have like a set of “go-to” happy memories in their catalogue of thoughts to elicit a smile without it appearing synthetic?

No, but that is an excellent idea...and Im gonna work on it!
  • helow88
    helow88 Posts: 74 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    helow88 wrote: »
    I tried to get help today with getting some things repaired at home and the guy was really snarky and kinda rude. What he said has stuck on my brain all day. I'm seriously thinking about canceling my appointment with him. Should I?
    Can you get someone else to do the repairs.? There's no excuse for rudeness, he doesn't deserve your business.

I have spoken to my family and they seem to think that since he is charging an affordable price then it's not a big deal. I don't look forward to meeting the guy. I think this will be his last repair project with us.

I did have a bigger different project, building a new closet, planned soon but I will be calling someone else for that. So he cost himself some money and future business.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options

I smile, if the other person appears interested in my presence. If the persons energy looks annoyed, not wanting to be bothered and short, I keep my face and my eyes moving in another direction.

I didn’t realize smiling was complex, until I explained why and whom I’ll smile at.
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get snippy with an employee who's testing my patience, but sometimes you have to flip it and make him think he's doing you a favor just to get the job done.
  • helow88
    helow88 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I wonder if working in retail actually does some psychological damage to people. The sheer volume of people that come through the store...like does that have some desensitisation effect on the staff? It’s not really normal to talk to like over 200 people in a day.

I think working in retail teaches people to developed a defensive or alert persona. The *kitten* they go through, because of some people, is scary. There are some retail places where showing up to work in a human sized hamster ball (for security) isn't such a half bad idea.
  • NoHookUpZone
    Options
    Vanilla almond butter, omg.

Thanks to this heaven in a jar, I can teach those 2300 calories
  • NoHookUpZone
    Options
    So I got feedback from when I facilitated the reviewers and coaches. Some said they felt my emails were too abrupt, and by some I mean 2 out of 15 people.

You know what? Boo hoo.
    Anytime you're in charge of anything anywhere you will always have people that are not happy.
    Life is tough. I'm not going to expend energy *kitten* footing because two people had issues. I had a job to do, and I did it well.
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options

Rxbar Vanilla Almond Butter? That stuff is dangerously amazing!
  • NoHookUpZone
    Options

8i12ofce1inu.jpg

Picked this up at a local health food place, it's amazing
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options

8i12ofce1inu.jpg

Oh nice, I haven't tried that yet, I'll have to add it to my list. This brand is also amazing if you're up for trying more. They have some great flavors.
    a939c30b-15fc-44bd-8098-42efecaa0a10_1.b66fa80679362425312cf6a67cc30b23.png?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff

• NoHookUpZone
    Options

8i12ofce1inu.jpg

Oh nice, I haven't tried that yet, I'll have to add it to my list. This brand is also amazing if you're up for trying more. They have some great flavors.
    a939c30b-15fc-44bd-8098-42efecaa0a10_1.b66fa80679362425312cf6a67cc30b23.png?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff

I'll have to try it! It's a delicious way to get this filled calories!
  • NoHookUpZone
    Options
    I don't want to go to work tomorrow. I'm depressed. I tried to shake off the feedback I got from when I facilitated the coaches and reviewers. I know very well that you can't please everyone, and there will always always be someone that isn't happy.
    But it still bugs me.
    I'm just going to stay in bed the next three days.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I am developing more OCD behaviours as I get older - and I am only in my 30s. Ageing is going to be a b###
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    This is the beginning of day two with no coffee. I don’t think I’ve ever made through day three.

Im not sure why you dont have coffee but I really hate this for you. Everyone should have coffee in their life.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    This is the beginning of day two with no coffee. I don’t think I’ve ever made through day three.

Im not sure why you dont have coffee but I really hate this for you. Everyone should have coffee in their life.
    It started as an accident but now I just want to see what happens. 😁