Are you a mess? Post here

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    MoxyLeigh wrote: »
    ^Somehow you are keeping four cats, three dogs, three hamsters, a gerbil, and five children alive. You are a modern miracle, if you ask me.

Yeah, pretty much this. I can't handle more than one child, let alone five. Volunteering to teach them things is one thing, having to live with them is another. :laugh:
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Hiiiiiii o:)

I'm an extroverted introvert.
    - I work in an extremely extrovert job and love what I do and everyone I work with, but love getting home, not seeing anyone, getting a cuppa and reading in my crotchet blanket with my cats and partner. Or watching youtube. Or netflix. Or playing games. It's like my batteries have ran out and I need to recharge lol.
    - I make allot of self deprecating jokes and claim its humour (which in part it is) but actually have some deep-seated self esteem issues due to bullying and trauma.
    - I come across as extremely organised at work (and I am, borderline anal, influenced by my dyslexia) but at home it takes me a good 3 days to hang up washed clothes, if I'm being super lazy at my worst I could have every pot out before I choose to wash up. Unless I have an inspection coming up, than that *kitten* is sparkling.
    - I advocate for my patients, will go out of my way to stick up for them, but actually hate conflict.
    - I have facial diarrhoea. I will often try to say something but my face has already gave it away.
    - I preach sleep to my patients but often run on 3-6 hours of sleep for my 14 hour shifts.
    - This practice what I preach stuff goes for allot I preach to be fair.
    "Exercise is good and boost endorphines!" ... I've not gone gym for like 3 years and lack motivation to use my weights I have at home.
    "What you put in your body directly effects your mood!" ...*eats a whole tub of ben and jerrys watching peaky blinders"
    "Alcohol is a depressant so be careful and know your limits!" ... *gets smashed on nights out*
    Ahhhhhhh the hypocrisy.

I'm sure there is more but that will do for now lmao :D .
    NICE TO MEET YOU <3

Welp, I found my favorite post in here so far. :laugh:
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Did you know there are some sports parents who actually get those little seats that make bleachers more comfortable? And they actually remember to bring them to the games? And they have blankets and everything for cold weather? They amaze me. I only remember that I want to buy a seat like that in the summer, then I think "Oh, I'll get that during soccer/football/rugby season...then I never remember until I'm sitting on those darn uncomfy bleachers. Usually freezing my *kitten* off. Sometimes I remember a blanket...but I only remember to set it by the front door and then leave it there as I drive away. And I've been a sport parent for many many many years.

For what its worth....I haven't been able to actually get a grocery list to the grocery store in about twenty years. I always forget them at home on the counter or leave them in the car. I'm not an all together.

Yes. My Dad and maternal grandfather always made watching sports comfortable and cozy. :) Miss them.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Did you know there are some sports parents who actually get those little seats that make bleachers more comfortable? And they actually remember to bring them to the games? And they have blankets and everything for cold weather? They amaze me. I only remember that I want to buy a seat like that in the summer, then I think "Oh, I'll get that during soccer/football/rugby season...then I never remember until I'm sitting on those darn uncomfy bleachers. Usually freezing my *kitten* off. Sometimes I remember a blanket...but I only remember to set it by the front door and then leave it there as I drive away. And I've been a sport parent for many many many years.

For what its worth....I haven't been able to actually get a grocery list to the grocery store in about twenty years. I always forget them at home on the counter or leave them in the car. I'm not an all together.

There this Mom at my sons football practice. She shows up there at 6am, ready for the day. She has 5 kids in tow. They are dressed and polite, she has comfy chairs and blankets for all, hot chocolate and she’s beautiful and ready for the day. She seems so happy and she’s everything I pictured myself being but am not. Look over at the bleachers and there’s me, pony tail and hat, jeans, poncho, looking at that woman like she’s life goals and wondering how do I get my life together like that.

The only bit of advice I have is, keep the blanket in the car.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member

There this Mom at my sons football practice. She shows up there at 6am, ready for the day. She has 5 kids in tow. They are dressed and polite, she has comfy chairs and blankets for all, hot chocolate and she’s beautiful and ready for the day. She seems so happy and she’s everything I pictured myself being but am not. Look over at the bleachers and there’s me, pony tail and hat, jeans, poncho, looking at that woman like she’s life goals and wondering how do I get my life together like that.

I used to keep the chairs, a bag with blankets and hats, and hand warmers in the trunk of my car at all times. Nearly 10yrs now since my wee me graduated from HS; the bag is still in the car for emergencies or the occasional underdressed homeless person who needs a helping hand.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

I bet she's got more vodka than coffee in her thermos. Thats the ONLY way you can seem cheerful at 6am with five kids in tow. TRUST ME.

..... better living thru chemistry.

*shrug
  • Motorsheen

She's a miserable trainwreck, you might not be able to see it on the surface.... but she's a mess.

Everyone has something going on, some are visible, some ain't.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I sell mud pies at Renascence fairs. I only used filtered water (tap water) and the best dirt.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

She's a miserable trainwreck, you might not be able to see it on the surface.... but she's a mess.

Its comforting to know that she is most likely a miserable train wreck, isn't it?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Its comforting to know that she is most likely a miserable train wreck, isn't it?

without question.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I tell my best friend all of the hot mess things that happen to me by starting it with "And on this episode of My Life is a Joke....."

It helps me laugh through it because honestly, 2019 just isn't my year :D
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I eat food I find in the trash so it doesn't count against my daily calorie goal.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    I eat food I find in the trash so it doesn't count against my daily calorie goal.

genius. Added this to the list of things to try.
  • Motorsheen
    cee134 wrote: »

And don’t forget.... Dumpster Diving burns calories too.

Chalk it up as a win-win.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    I just chew celery and ice burg lettuce in a really aggressive manor therefore, burning more calories than I'm actually consuming. I'm an MFP ninja I tell ya.