AUGUST Move Your *kitten* Challenge!!!!!

Options

Replies

• smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    another 2.5 miles...actually over my goal now!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    3.61 miles at lunch...just over 7 miles to go......i can do this...updated siggie
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Just over 13 miles left...
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Chopping away at those last few miles that stand between me and reaching my goal! Walked 2 miles at lunch.

In case anyone is interested in what the online component of the RunKeeper app looks like, check this out. Not sure if it'll show you just today's workout or my whole history, but here goes! :) I'm using the Android version, but there's also an iPhone and Windows 7 version as well.

http://runkeeper.com/user/DR42/activity/49901039
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    The month isn't over yet!
    Thank you everyone for your positive and encouraging comments!

exercise.png
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Dit it - I did it!!!! :tongue: Ya~~~~~ made my 40 miles walking this month. I am still going to move my *kitten* for the next few days and see how many extra miles I can get in.

Keep moving everyone

:heart: Ticker Updated:heart:
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Chopping away at those last few miles that stand between me and reaching my goal! Walked 2 miles at lunch.

In case anyone is interested in what the online component of the RunKeeper app looks like, check this out. Not sure if it'll show you just today's workout or my whole history, but here goes! :) I'm using the Android version, but there's also an iPhone and Windows 7 version as well.

http://runkeeper.com/user/DR42/activity/49901039

Dave, it shows your whole workout history :frown:
    I used Runkeeper on the iPhone before. The social media features are nice, but I consider the Garmin solution more 'professional' (more expensive too, as you need to buy some hardware).
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Just a couple more days to go.
    We've moved almost 4,500 miles (huge number). 13 people have moved over 100 miles, 18 people exceeded their goals, chellaJKR moved 2.5 times her initial goal :noway: . It looks like another dozen or more will make it as well :drinker: :drinker:

Well, if this isn't a successful challenge I don't know what is :happy:
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    2.5 mile run today. Made my goal. Ticker updated.
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Went 9.8 km on my elliptical this afternoon.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Woohooo Bravo Movers!!! You guys/gals are awesome. We just got power back after a few days...so Im playing catch up.

The first day of school was canceled. My son is in his glory:) Be safe
  • ItsMeTime
    Options
    really disappointed in myself. I didnt run AT ALL last week. I ran 2 miles today, but I will not hit my goal by wednesday. :C Try again next month I suppose!
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    my dogs are tired (both my pets and my feet) but i just did my hiking route again for 4.5 miles. need to hit it three more times tomorrow and wednesday to make my goal...........................oh - i'm doing it
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Dave, it shows your whole workout history :frown:
    I used Runkeeper on the iPhone before. The social media features are nice, but I consider the Garmin solution more 'professional' (more expensive too, as you need to buy some hardware).

The whole thing, huh? :) Oh well... I've got no secrets. At least none that I log in RunKeeper. :laugh:
  • darkrider42
    Options
    my dogs are tired (both my pets and my feet) but i just did my hiking route again for 4.5 miles. need to hit it three more times tomorrow and wednesday to make my goal...........................oh - i'm doing it

That's awesome - good for you!!

Now about that drink. I'm buying... :smile:
  • janana021
    Options
    5.7 today felt good ;9)
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! EVERYBODY did AWESOME this month!!! BRAVO!!!! Thanks again Dinos and Denise, you do a fabulous job!!!!

I went over my goal but it was tough! Mondays are one of my lifting days so I got in my ChaLEAN Xtreme at 4:55 this morning, got ready for work and saw that I could take the furries for a fast 2.5 mile bike run (the sun was barely up yet!)! All before I left for work at 6:30. Got home this evening and went out and rode another 15 miles in strong wind (AGAIN!!). My legs feel like noodles beings it was leg work in my lifting session, on my feet at my job and 17.5 miles of peddling!:tongue::tongue: :noway: :noway: I new I had to do this today because tomorrow is supposed to rain and my day is jammed with appointments etc;;;!!! I may lower my mileage for September cuz our day light is getting shorter! Didn't winter just get over with??? Some of you remember me complaining about our LONG Montana winter right????
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

exercise.png

2 miles at home today.. leslie sansone's walking tapes.
  • sweetness1503
    sweetness1503 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So I'm hopeing we are doing this again for September because I did so much better than I thought I was I went over my goal almost 45 miles!!!
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I may lower my mileage for September cuz our day light is getting shorter! Didn't winter just get over with??? Some of you remember me complaining about our LONG Montana winter right????

I hear you I live in Northern Alberta so probably 10 hours due north of you, I am hoping to walk a 100 miles in September, but after that the cold and the dark is going to make it tough!