Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Awesome . I'm a fan
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    hello - i'm 57 and have major health things going on. i'm 5'7 and 132 so you'd never know i'm as unfit as i am :/
    without giving lots of personal details, i've decided just because i lost 20 lbs and feel *good* in my *look in the mirror*skin, i need to get into a weight and resistance training workout realm again. i'm very weak physically because of the health restrictions i've got, but i've just this week got a personal trainer now who knows my *stuff* and is really understanding of my needs and fears, and very encouraging and positive. i'm determined to be STRONG, not just look *nice* in clothes... - thanks for reading ..
  • poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    One week of back on track. I have fallen down so many times but like always coming back here! I like this group! 😊
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,257 Member
    Options
    poscur wrote: »
    One week of back on track. I have fallen down so many times but like always coming back here! I like this group! 😊

Great you are doing well!
  • annliz23
    Options
    hello - i'm 57 and have major health things going on. i'm 5'7 and 132 so you'd never know i'm as unfit as i am :/
    without giving lots of personal details, i've decided just because i lost 20 lbs and feel *good* in my *look in the mirror*skin, i need to get into a weight and resistance training workout realm again. i'm very weak physically because of the health restrictions i've got, but i've just this week got a personal trainer now who knows my *stuff* and is really understanding of my needs and fears, and very encouraging and positive. i'm determined to be STRONG, not just look *nice* in clothes... - thanks for reading ..

Good luck
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Hope y'all are having an awesome day! Fall is in the air here in Idaho. YAY! My favorite season!
  • annliz23
    Options
    Hope y'all are having an awesome day! Fall is in the air here in Idaho. YAY! My favorite season!

My daughter loves autumn but I'm more of a summer person but the colours are beautiful!
  • vincema01
    vincema01 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hello all , will be 50 in a few days and I know what the struggles are and willing to help motivate ,please add me .
    Ciao for now .
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options

Not ready to give up on summer just yet!
  • poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So excited! Fresh figs from the garden...first time the fig tree actual produced! Yumm
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    poscur wrote: »
    So excited! Fresh figs from the garden...first time the fig tree actual produced! Yumm

Those figs are the best! They've been my goto for the last couple weeks.
  • annliz23
    Options
    Any of you can add me if you want I'm 56 married retired and aim to lose weight despite aching joints .
  • Roseyjean
    Roseyjean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m new and this sounds like the group for me. I am not going to let 2019 slip away without some very positive changes in my life.
  • HamptonsGuy
    HamptonsGuy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Well I guess Ill round out the top of the group, for the short while in here Haha. Ill turn the big 60 in January. I started working out beginning of this year then lots of bad things happened in our world, starting in March so it has taken me until now to get back into it. As the story goes once you stop working out, you gain weight and lose your tone. True again. Started back Monday after a weeks vacation and looking to drop 15 lbs or so and just tone it up. Ill weigh once a week, this week already down two pounds, by running a calorie deficit on top of 45 min daily workout. I did do 3 broken up weeks of p90x, so I skipped week 4 recovery ( I walked everyday while away) and went away, this week began week 5. I do feel it. I've done a couple rounds of BB in the past, having the program for 10 years and for me, I was in the best shape doing it. So back to it again. I want my body back for my bday. thats my present to me. Good luck to everyone here as well. If I can do it so can you!
  • Latestarter2018
    Latestarter2018 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi - I would love to join the group - I'm 52, 5ft 7, we are in kg over here so I am 75.5 kg (166.5 pounds). I have literally tried everything to lose weight. I have a stressful job and sweet tooth, so at the end of a tough day I often eat sweets in the car on the way home and snack when I get home to wind down. It's a bad habit and just seem to slip into it each day. Hoping I can connect with you all to get some support and slowly loose these extra pounds. My first goal is to get to 72kg (158.7 pounds). That is the very top of my healthy weight range for my height.
    Love to hear how others are succeeding - Sarah
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Hi - I would love to join the group - I'm 52, 5ft 7, we are in kg over here so I am 75.5 kg (166.5 pounds). I have literally tried everything to lose weight. I have a stressful job and sweet tooth, so at the end of a tough day I often eat sweets in the car on the way home and snack when I get home to wind down. It's a bad habit and just seem to slip into it each day. Hoping I can connect with you all to get some support and slowly loose these extra pounds. My first goal is to get to 72kg (158.7 pounds). That is the very top of my healthy weight range for my height.
    Love to hear how others are succeeding - Sarah

Try packing some healthy snacks in the car and at home. I keep jerky, nuts and string cheese in the cooler in the car. There are plenty of other healthy snack options, too. Fruit and veggies, etc.

Are you keeping a food diary? Start with that. After a couple of weeks, you can figure out where you could make substitutions.

Do you have a food scale? Lots of folks (including me) find it helpful to weigh their food in order to get a more accurate calorie count.
  • ellenecoxcox75
    ellenecoxcox75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Back from hiking in Colorado and Arizona, then to Vegas for Elton John concert, home now a week and change, back to MFP! Hi Group- let's make some noise!
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Tony. I'm back and I need this, and ya'll. I'm tired of the roller coaster weight ride.
    Please feel free to friend me. I love to be motivated and to encourage others along the way.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing today?