WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Survived the sleepies, and finally got myself out and did the mowing and trimming, at least, if not the brushcutting I wanted to do. Per my Fitbit, 14,523 steps, but unfortunately 7,000 of them were because the Fitbit thinks I'm walking when I'm on the riding mower! :) That's OK, I got sweaty enough during the trimming...

NYKAREN - enjoy the trip, sounds lovely and hopefully a non-stressful drive.

Heather, the suite looks amazing! Hope it's a lovely trip for you, too.

Rebecca, Athena's a little charmer!

Rita - not the best news on the colitis, I'm sorry.

Ginger - welcome!

Lanette - love the trumpet vine. :)

I've got a husband who's whistling his way through the house, at least partially 'cause he doesn't have to mow or trim the yard tomorrow. I like making him happy. :) Time for a quick shower while he's cooking breakfast for dinner. :) My personal fave.

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Heather: very swish suite. Have a great time.

@gingerbeericecold mostly because people tend to add lots of extra things to homemade food. However, you can put in your own homemade recipe using the recipe builder. And if you don’t add anything to your home canned beans, it will be very low calorie.
    Rebecca: Awww, Athena is so beautiful.
    Rita: (((Hugs)))
    Lisa: my Fitbit does the same when I use the hedge trimmers. 😂

Time for 🛌 💤💤💤

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    21qkmk5mybnb.jpeg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Heather – looks like you’re living the life of luxury

Went to the soup kitchen. They had pizza (which didn’t look real good), a salad, and cake for dessert. Remember I was telling you about that one lady that I was killing with kindness? Well, this one kid kept dancing, he wasn’t harming anyone, I just say “excuse me” when I needed to get by him. Well, she barked at him “stop that”. Really! I think some of the “mentally challenged” kids who were there to serve thought you just served the lunch and that was IT because people kept asking me for seconds of things. If someone asks me for something, I’m not about to say “I can’t get that for you, that’s not my station”. Anyway, that cranky lady told me I shouldn’t serve until they’ve said the prayer and I just told her “I asked and they told me that they had already said it” and just continued serving. Some people! She finally got the message that if she’s working the dessert table, she should stay there and do her job, not walking around offering people desserts. That’s what we’re supposed to do.

Carol in GA and Rita – hope you feel better soon

After the soup kitchen went in the pool then Vince and I went and got new phones and tablets. The fact that the ones we have are very slow (because they’re older) bothered Vince, more than it bothered me. But I don’t mind getting new ones

Rebecca – thanks for the Athenia fix

Michele in NC
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Haven't been on here since Tuesday when I left for Columbus. Had a great time shopping Tuesday. Got some much needed new work clothes that fit. Picked up a pair of shoes Wednesday evening after conference sessions and a couple of tops Thursday evening. Didn't sleep overly well in the hotel the last three nights. Managed my eating fairly well and logged as accurately as I could. Figure even if I was off, those three days won't kill me. Did use treadmill every morning and got a lot of walking in around hotel. Conference was good, attended some good session.

Got everything unpacked. New clothes (and dirty clothes) all washed and dried. Will do ironing tomorrow. Also have to get rid of some old clothes since I bought replacements. Will be a closet cleaning day tomorrow. Actually felt good to treat myself to some nice things.

So much going on here the last three days--no way to comment on everything. Reading your updates and catching up was interesting--some funny, some sad, all inspiring.

Off to collapse and hopefully catch up on some sleep.

Ginny in Ohio
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Played 18 holes of golf today. Yea for me. It got hot at the end but we had a nice breeze. Tomorrow I am going to cut back my hardy hibiscus. Lots of weeding to do also. Hard to believe September is almost over when it has been in the 90’s everyday. Sooo looking forward to cooler weather.
    KJ- thinking of Lauren and wishing her a smooth birth of #2 baby. I agree with you about Trenton’s mom. Takes a lot of nerve to do that.
    Not much happening here.
    SueBDew in HOT TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym, misty- 6.49min, 134mhr, 13.9amph, 1.57mi= 77c
    apple watch- 62c
    treadmill slow jog- 60min, 10.30min mi, 134ahr, 149mhr, 5.5-6.1sp, 5.71mi= 644c
    apple watch- 709c
    bike ride gym 2 dome, misty- 4.51min, 134mhr, 18.2amph, 1.47mi= 59c
    apple watch- 46c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station, misty n windy- 13.42min, 148mhr, 13.3amph, 3.04mi= 150c
    apple watch- 122c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.38min, 148mhr, 135ahr, 10.16min mi, .54mi= 78c
    apple watch- 64c
    jog wrk 2 sta, WINDY!- 5min, 10.0min mi, 146mhr, .45mi= 64c
    apple watch- 54c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm, WINDY- 21min, est., 140mhr, 2.65mi= 214
    apple watch- 123

total cal 1268
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, Friends. I am reveling in memories of my travels to El Salvador when I was a kid. My mother was from there, and my DB and I spent summers there with our abuelita. Today my regular lunch buddy, and another neighbor from ES all went for lunch at a Salvadorean restaurant about 12 miles away. My lady friends did not know each other, but they are both lovely and got along great. The food was great, and I brought back more for DH and DB, so I won't need to cook tonight. 😊

Heather: The photos of your stateroom makes me want to book a cruise NOW. Enjoy every moment, especially your birthday.

NYKAREN: Wishing you and DH safe, fun travels.

Katla
    : Bravo to you for handling the boat wash. I wish you could take it out on your own for a little day cruise.

Love the flower photos. Seems that summer is lingering in most of the U.S. We have been getting a bit cooler in the mornings and evenings, but the day temps are warm and dry. Had hoped to get out for an overnight trip, but DB was tied up with getting his screenings and paperwork in for new job. Wednesday was a free day, but that opportunity evaporated when DH had a meltdown minutes before we had planned to go out the door, so we all stayed home. Grrrrrrr....😣 Will keep trying to get everyone out for some leaf-peeping in the mountains.

My reiki master needs my help with a Powerpoint presentation, so will help her tomorrow afternoon. Then hope to pop over to my local nursery for their annual Giant Pumpkin Festival and Weigh Off.

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    SMILING with lips, eyes and heart
    Colorado Foothills
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Ok if anything should help us all stay away from treats it should be this:
    “I've shared this before, but will add it to all of your thoughts when tempted by treats in the workplace. I am the housekeeper at our large church and the restrooms, of course, are part of my duties. I replace paper towels in the ladies' restroom regularly... the men's room? ... very, very rarely. Just think about that ... ”

Oh my yuck!

Lanette – I love Annies Annuals, and go over 1-2 times a year, my bank account would be screaming if I went more often.

Rita – what a drag! You have had such a good eating plan, can you make the weight loss eating plan and the medical plan work together?

Heather – very posh! Have fun 😊

I am really tired today, I know it is many days of not enough sleep, and still working long physical days.

Kim from N. California
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ❤️💙
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I am weaning myself from coffee. I bought a cheap brand an uck, it tastes awful. Like they put cinnamon in it, bitter & spicy. So I thought the world must be giving me a sign. So I washed my coffee maker well, and once its all dry on the inside its going up.
    👍Rebecca
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello one and all.

Heather – What a great stateroom! Charlie (DH) and I cruised at least once a year and absolutely loved the experience. We always sprung for a balcony room and thought we would go for a suite when he was officially retired (we plan; G laughs). We never were able to experience together, but I will, one day, get that suite in celebration of his life. I hope the cruise is everything you expected and more. Enjoy the sites. Looking forward to hearing about it. Oh, has DH ever tried the bracelets with the magnets or magnets behind the ears? My friends who suffer from motion sickness find they are extremely helpful.

Lisa – Fitbit was telling you the truth – LOL. Trimming and cutting probably burns twice the calories and there is definitely a bit more exercise there (pulling, pushing, picking up, squats, etc.). Breakfast for dinner is one of my favorites too.

Rita – Sorry you’re not feeling well. Colitis stinks! Hope you’re on the mend.

Lanette, Karen, & Terri – Love the flower pictures.

Rebecca – Athena is a charmer. Such a beautiful, strong name for a future woman.

Michele in NC – I love your volunteerism. I wish I had more time to give. I am looking forward to the gleaning season here in South Florida. There is a great organization here that coordinates with some of the local farms. The farms allow volunteers to go in and pick the second growth. Last year the volunteers picked over 600k pounds of food which goes to local food banks. I think there is a back story with “grouchy” woman at the food bank. I am sure if you can discover it (she sounds like she needs someone to confide in) she may become a more “sunny” person (some never fully get there). You may have been put in her path for a reason.

Ginny – Glad you had a good trip. Hope you have gotten caught up with your sleep.

This post is getting a little long. Here is where I am at today and with my goals for September.
    I finally purchased a new scale as my 30-day reward. I was so happy to find I was able to weigh myself three times in a row and obtain the same weight! :)

Stats
    08/24 - Starting Weight - 195.0
    09'19 Goal - 184.0
    09/01 - 189.0
    09/08 - 186.2
    09/15 - 186.0 - Two weeks to go - here's to getting those two pounds off for good!!
    09/22 - 183.2
    09/23 - 182.4
    09/24 - 182.4
    09/25 - 182.4 - still holding
    09/26 - 182.2 - slow but sure
    09/27 - 182.4 - back to holding pattern
    09/29 - 181.0 - new scale adjustment; there is no way in heck I lost 1.4 pounds in one day

The new scale is the same brand as the old one. Thinking back I had purchased the last one at least 20 years ago; probably closer to 25. Since the old one really has only caused frustration the past 6 months or so I figured I would stick with the same brand (plus it was the only brand available at Wally World). I did not spend the extra money for the one with all of the crazy features such as BMI, fat ratio, and hydration calculations. This one can track the weights of 2 people and will provide weight loss from the last weigh in.

On weight loss - This past week has been one of a holding pattern. I said, hm, I haven't eaten over my calories, I have been exercising/getting activities in, etc. what the heck is going on here. So pulled out the measuring spoons and cups and found my food measurements were creeping up eyeballing it. Both are now sitting on the counter as a reminder to measure all food intake. :)

I hope all of you are having or have a great day.
    SuziQ - Broward County, Florida
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Saturday! This morning I will get my shopping and errands run, come home and get groceries put away; then will head back into town to go to the first Hispanic Heritage Festival ever thrown in this town! Whoot! I am so excited! There will be music, dancing, food, kids activities, craft booths, historical/cultural info booths. I live in a very white community, so the fact that there is a celebration of color/culture being held HERE is, in itself AMAZING. My son and his friends have been part of the planning committee and will be volunteering all day, so it will be fun to reconnect with them, as well.
    KarenVA - Your deck looks like an oasis! Beautiful Flowers!
    Terri- Thank you for the flower pics, as well! Here in MI, the flowers are beginning to go away for the season and are being replaced by the colors of fall on the trees.
    Pip- Love that pic of you and Kirby; but that pic of Yogi <3<3 He is so stinking adorable! Even when he is wet!
    REbecca- Love the smile on Athena! Gorgeous little peanut!
    Heather- Wow! Nice digs on the ship! For being a small ship and to offer that much space! That is impressive! I hope you and your DH have a wonderful time! :*
    NYKaren- Safe travels! Hope you enjoy your trip!
    gingerbeer- I use the recipe function quite a bit. It helps me get a more accurate calorie count on my meals. As a matter of fact; I am wondering if the "premium" mfp offers a search bar for the recipe section. I have about 12 pages or more of recipes that I go through when I make a meal. It'd be much easier with a search bar.
    Beth- The paper towel issue (shiver); other than flies it bothers me knowing that other people's possibly unwashed hands may or may not have been touching my food. Blech!
    Food and what could make me not eat it- Flies. I will not eat food if I have seen flies on it. This said, picnics and outdoor meals are a challenge to me. And now we are coming into fruit fly season. I typically have a lot of produce on my counters until it is cooked up and consumed. Fruit flies are EVERYWHERE. I use the vinegar and dish soap methods and try to prep all foods and refrigerate asap, keep my drains clean and my garbage emptied; but there always manages to be one or two (or a dozen) renegade fruit flies. Woe to me if I am using a vinaigrette dressing; that must be their cue to attack my food. Just UGH!
    New girls Welcome- Hello all! Welcome to a very chatty group of ladies! You will find lots of support here, as well as lots of topics covered to help you get/keep your head in the right place. Feel free to skim (most of us do) and as we are drawing closer to the end of the month, keep an eye out for Barbiecat's final post on the last day of September; for it will have the link to bring us into October!

Well, I better fly! Hugs to all of you inspiring women! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Karen Olivia is such a doll!

Terri Great pictures!

Machka Love the pictures of you and hubby over the years!

Rori The gym pictures show a great change in your health...I can't wait to tone up!

Girlfriends/Relationships I couldn't make it without close friends. I love my husband dearly, but he just doesn't get it. I could talk to him all day and he would maybe hear 1/4th of what I said and understand 1/10th of that?? Most of the men I've been around during my life don't understand women. My sons and brother are great listeners, and I dated maybe two men who could have really meaningful conversations, but other than that, not so much. I've had 3 best girl friends who have died...one when I was in first grade (cancer), one in my twenties (a freak aspiration in her sleep), and one five years ago (suicide). Those were all difficult losses. I'm also very family oriented, which has caused me to have a tough time with losing family members (to death).

Camping We grew up tent camping every summer, so I have always enjoyed it. This spring, I bought all new camping equipment as DH and I were going to take our greyhounds and go out west, but we never made it. Now it will be a goal for 2020 since it will soon be too cold for the pups. I'm still hoping we will go somewhere in the mountains here for a few days just to unwind.

Different homes Growing up we moved a lot before I started school...MI, to NY, to CA, to NJ, back to MI where I was raised. In my 20s I moved to FL where I raised my children, then here (NC) to care for my parents until they passed and where we are now. That doesn't count for all of the apartments and houses, but that is too much to wrap my head around...lol.

I am still way behind on reading, but we will be leaving soon to walk the flea market, then off to Buffalo Wild Wings to see the Michigan Wolverines (hopefully) remember how to win a football game? I still bleed maize and blue...

Have a fabulous weekend, dear ladies!! Luci in WNC

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3