WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,284 Member
    Options
    Annliz and Pip LOVE the dog pictures!! I am a dog fanatic! They are all so adorable! (And the poodle grooming looks fantastic!)

Heather Happy birthday and have a wonderful cruise! I took non-drowsy Dramamine on mine and was one of the only people on board who was not ill. We had some wild waves and were tossed around quite a bit, but I was fine!

Pip Love the picture in the water! You look so happy and in love!

GO BLUE! So happy my Wolverines won today!! I was beginning to think this season was a total wipe out, but today was a lot of fun! We went to Buffalo Wild Wings and watched on several TVs including a very big screen right in front of our table. The manager is really nice and knows us from previous visits so he even put the sound on for us!

Snacks Thank you to all who have given great snack ideas!! I had been having a rough time coming up with low calorie foods to snack on. I really appreciate all of the great suggestions!

Happy Saturday! Still catching up with reading pages...Luci in WNC

Thank for the lovely comment, I learned from you tube😀
  • annliz23
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    brnlcdkpe5f5.jpeg
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    brnlcdkpe5f5.jpeg

What a lovely dog!
  • annliz23
    Options
    Afternoon beautiful ladies 💐💐.Im so far behind!Life has become a mess,more so than before.I don’t have time for me,menopause,my sanity....There are So Many things I can’t say out loud. I would be locked away.I am so lost 😔😔 and overwhelmed.
    Debby In Va

We all feel like this but it's like a roller coaster at the moment you sound like your on the down but trust me it will improve and you will rise again.
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Caught up! Thought it wouldn't happen, but I did it! If only my memory were better. Still have the residual effects from my brain injury. I don't comprehend as well as I once did. I have taken notes at various times, which works much better...this time I was anxious to catch up and just read as fast as I could.

Debby So sorry you are having such a rough time!

Rita Sorry to hear about the colitis dx. I have had a lot of GI trouble and also had some relief taking generic lactaid when having dairy...

KJ We have had fruit flies driving me crazy also. I've got apple cider vinegar with drops of blue Dawn around, but I have trouble keeping them at bay. It is worse because I have been eating so much more fresh fruits and veggies. DH insists on leaving out bananas which they seem to love, and we don't have a good place to put trash between his visits to the refuse station.

Rebecca Great picture of Athena! I am getting so excited for my new little GD!!

Flowers Love the beautiful flower pictures! We didn't have a lot this year. DH usually plants them, but didn't get around to it this year. Next year I hope to be doing well enough to help him have our best yard yet.

Smiles and hugs to All!! Luci in WNC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Debby in VA (((Hugs)))
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Karen-I do apologize.You and your family are going through So much and I’m whining.Prayers and many hugs to y’all!!!
    Debby In Va
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3 Still catching up
    Viv UK
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,339 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    HI Ladies!

Breezy afternoon. DH wants to mow but too many dark clouds.

Rebecca - have you ever taken the ferry that goes to Pt Townsend? Then take Hwy 101 down the east side of the peninsula through near Shelton and hook onto I-5 south of Olympia? I imagine it would take longer (maybe not if I-5 grinds to a halt) but lots less traffic. Just an idea. I've been on 101 a few times to Pt Townsend and there's lots of neat scenery. Watch out for deer, lol. Good luck giving up coffee - creative way to do it. I'm real picky about mine - even tho I buy the cheap stuff I don't want it flavored. Great photo of Athena, thanks for sharing!

Debby in VA
    ... sending lot of <3 HUGS!!! <3

Annliz - fabulous job on your poodles!! They are gorgeous B)

Beth - doesn't surprise me about paper towels lasting a long time in the men's room. They are wiping their hand on their jeans/pants instead.... right?? :#

Rori - hope your DH has a good day and you can make it out to see the autumn leaves. It looks like snow falling up at Glacier. My sis and her DH are driving out from Indiana - pulling a trailer- to see their son & his family in Lafayette CO. I don't think they are on the road yet - if there are slick roads and snow in the Rockies, they'll run into it. :( Their son refuses to Skype/video chat so if they want to chat with the grandkids, they have to go there in person.

Karen
    - Olivia is rockin' that French look. Are you and your partner looking into travel arrangements to Europe or waiting to see if everyone comes back home pretty soon?

Terri and Rho - I am jealous of your walks by the water! Many years ago I worked at Fishermen's Terminal in Seattle and loved walking up and down the docks over lunch hour. I was very blessed.

Yes, we are due for some chilly weather. Sunday and Monday night we'll probably see the first freeze of the season. I am ready, except for Miss Trumpet vine, lol. Will head out shortly and grab some row cover and fashion a shroud to put over her later this afternoon for overnight when I hope the wind dies down or she might set sail. :o I'll blouse it around her and fasten with clothespins. Have three blooms now.

Kim
    - I think my friend went crazy at Annie's Annuals, and she stopped when SHE ran out of money, lol. Will your gardening be slowing down for fall/winter?

I've been skimming so sorry I've missed folks. Hugs to everyone! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Men washing hands LOL! I always think of this when we go to church. There are about 5 men who shake our hands on the way in and again on the way out. I think...wonder if any of them...well, you get the idea...
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Ah... the best laid plans of mice and men (and women over 50). Popped into a local furniture store while Corey was getting his hair cut, and after he joined me there, walked out with a new reclining love seat. We have been discussing it for nearly a year now, and finally popped for that and a matching couch (non-reclining), both in a grey/silver, with a bit of blue in the love seat, and green in the couch. Really tired of brown furniture. :) They'll be delivered Friday.

Will keep the old love seat long enough to get through the kids' visit in mid-October, and then sell it, most likely, as well as the current recliners that are showing the wear and tear. Should get a few bucks out of them, but mostly just want them gone. Ever hated a piece of furniture from the moment you got it home, but ended up stuck with it? Corey loved them, I hated them. Never got comfortable in that darn recliner.

So, we skipped the dishwasher for now, and will revisit that in some future buying trip. :)

Corey made chicken enchiladas for dinner. Surprisingly low calorie, the way he makes them.

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Me! Hubs and I ordered a sofa and loveseat and I hated it from the moment it was delivered. The fabric just wasn't right in our house. I lived with them for a few years and then when my Dad needed (yes, needed, not wanted like me) a new couch, I loaded up the one I hated and hauled it the 500 miles to my Dad's house and he LOVED it. I think I sold the loveseat at a garage sale, but can't remember for sure. When Dad died a friend bought it and they used it another 5 or so years. Everyone but me loved it. Its only saving grace was it was extremely comfy.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rhonda: Beautiful photo of the Willamette River. I showed it to DH and he thinks it is near Wilsonville. Is he right?? Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Ding! Ding! Ding! Your DH has a good eye (maybe two, hehe :-) Yep, it's the Willamette looking east from Champoeg State Park just south of Wilsonville. In the background is the I-5 Boones Bridge (named after Daniel Boone's grandson). Ask your DH if he knows what famous movie was shot in Wilsonville . . .
    No fair if he looks it up tho -
    Ronda, Yes I am excited to see her! Well we live up on Whidbey and my middle son, daughter in law and sweet Athena live in Vancouver WA. Though you think we would just pop in down but I-5 down is the most ghastly drive, especially when you pass Seattle! Its 6 hours of high intensity driving, a task I just can't do. I learned to drive when I turned 50 and had a sickly husband, so now that he's well, well its a place I don't want to be at. My eldest son is taking his right hand drive can for the trip down. My husband might share in the driving, and its more spacious than our little cute Chevy Spark.👍 . . . 👍
    💖Rebecca

I know what you mean about the drive . . . My entire father's side of the fam lives up there and I was driving almost every-other-week between 2012 and 2017 until my aunt passed away. The last time I did the drive was Aug 2017. In late Sept that year, the cousin I was closest to on my mother's side from So Cali moved to Coupeville. Ugggh. If only she could have moved a few months earlier. Anyhoo, BF and I plan to make a 10-14 day trip in April next year. There are a few museums in the Skagit Valley that hold ancestral artifacts that I want to visit.

Ever think about avoiding the drive and taking the train? I love it for going between Portland and Seattle for Mariner games :smile:

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🤔
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Rho: Here is an explanation of Reiki from a reputable source. https://reiki.org/faq/WhatIsReiki.html To me, it feels like a gentle electric current going through your body. Unlike massage or accupressure, the physical contact is minimal and gentle. You don't have to learn about muscles, nerves or internal organs. It is basically a transfer of energy that comes through the practioner's hands and into your body. It helped me tremendously when my broken ankle bones healed up, but the soft tissue still felt stiff and sore. I know you have had injuries, so you might try Reiki if you feel residual pain anywhere.

Here are some pix I took today at our little neighborhood pumpkin festival. DH and DB didn't want to come, so I went alone and enjoyed the sights and sounds. Really put me in the mood for fall, and all things pumpkin. 😋😋😋
    k5rukbtgum5w.jpg
    4u8bbyglocc7.jpg
    8jcmm8bofr4w.jpg
    of6saq0g4su9.jpg
    517y460631cv.jpg

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

treadmill, jog- 60min, 138mhr, 160mhr, 5.7-8.0sp,= 737c
    apple watch-737c
    other- 30c

total cal 767
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Ah... the best laid plans of mice and men (and women over 50). Popped into a local furniture store while Corey was getting his hair cut, and after he joined me there, walked out with a new reclining love seat. We have been discussing it for nearly a year now, and finally popped for that and a matching couch (non-reclining), both in a grey/silver, with a bit of blue in the love seat, and green in the couch. Really tired of brown furniture. :) They'll be delivered Friday.

Will keep the old love seat long enough to get through the kids' visit in mid-October, and then sell it, most likely, as well as the current recliners that are showing the wear and tear. Should get a few bucks out of them, but mostly just want them gone. Ever hated a piece of furniture from the moment you got it home, but ended up stuck with it? Corey loved them, I hated them. Never got comfortable in that darn recliner.

So, we skipped the dishwasher for now, and will revisit that in some future buying trip. :)

Corey made chicken enchiladas for dinner. Surprisingly low calorie, the way he makes them.

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR

When my first husband and I were married, we got furniture from his parents ... their old stuff "generously" donated with an attitude of "this will be perfect for you!" It was horrible. But there it stayed for years ... even when it started falling apart and had to be shored up with cement blocks and old encyclopedias.

About 2 minutes after he and I separated ... it was all gone!! :naughty:

I bought the sofa I wanted and love it so much, I actually had it shipped to Australia ... it's still here and still in good condition after almost 20 years. Right from the beginning, I've said it has magical properties ... rarely do I sit on it without falling asleep. So comfy!

Fortunately my current husband and I seem to have similar taste ... and no family hanging over our shoulders telling us what we should have in our home.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – I’m always amazed at how much you accomplish in a day. Taking care of your husband, cycling president, don’t forget to take care of YOU. You’re amazing

Michele in NC
    Rho97070 wrote: »
    Machka Like Michele, I too am amazed (and bewildered) over how much you accomplish! P.S. Fab photo of you in your biking gear!

Thank you. :)

That photo was taken in December 2017 in our club's jersey.

I "work" from 8 am to midnight on weekdays. There is no sitting around and relaxing or doing nothing.

8 am - awake
    8: 45 - catch bus
    9:10 - start work
    I have an hour for lunch during which time I run errands, attend appointments, or occasionally just go for a long brisk walk.
    5:20 - leave work to catch bus
    6 pm - home
    If I've got the energy, I'll exercise for 30-60 min. My husband prepares dinner so I'll take a quick look here and on FB then.
    Immediately after dinner I'm into the evening project. I block my evenings. One will be a homework evening, another might be a paperwork evening, another might be devoted to my cycling club. There are no "free" evenings.

If I have to attend classes at uni (like I will this coming week), I'll walk out there rather than taking lunch. Plus my employer has given me a bit of time for my classes during work hours. Thankfully!

On weekends, I sleep in and have a relaxing time till about 1 pm, and then it all begins. Today (Sunday) will be exercise, a little bit of work on taxes, and then homework the rest of the day.

I have a long list of Things To Do. I keep adding to it as more things come up, and when I finish things I move them to a separate list of Things I've Done. I used to just delete them, but started doing that second step when I felt like I wasn't accomplishing anything because my Things To Do list is almost always about 50 items long. When I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels and getting nowhere, I look over the Things I've Done list and realise that I've actually accomplished a lot. :)

Machka in Oz