40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

1864865867869870933

Replies

  • DW1Texas
    DW1Texas Posts: 130 Member
    Have been looking for a "40s" group - enjoy the comments and impressed by the hard work by those posting. Thanks for the motivation.
    Working on losing my next goal - (accomplished my first goal to lose 100lbs) and have another 70lbs or so to go ideally. Swimming, elliptical and weight training are my main exercises along with tracking CICO holding as close as I can to 2000 calories a day.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,241 Member
    sdereski, I am full-camouflage, too! ;)

    I am going to a muscle-fit class, today....I need to change up my workout. Usually these workout groups aren’t my cup of tea - the moves are too fast, but I just do them at my slower, heavier method. The music is pretty good! And, at least I will be at the gym and not finding an excuse to skip.

    I’ve been lifting for so many years - it does get boring for me. I am amazed at the folks who lift for decades and decades and don’t seem to be in a rut, or bored.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Happy Hump Day kids. Deload today with squats and deadlifts. Still undecided on my openers for Saturday. I am sure my coach will put me to the test. I do have coworkers and family coming to the meet, so this should be interesting. Can someone tell me why is it 100 degrees on October 2nd? Beeps, I understand completely about boredom. At this time, PL is really challenging me and when I conquer it, I may move over to strong woman circuit training. Have a great day kids.
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Functional training class last night. I'm really trying to push my cardio. We did lots of 3 minute all out hair on fire cardio rounds - row 400m and then get as many calories as possible on the assault bike in what's left of the 3 minutes - things like that. I pushed hard and felt like I could live on the gym floor at the end but I'm happy with how I performed.
    Doing C25K this afternooon.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Well, the busy-ness of my life has caught up with me. I am sick. Terrible cold, my body aches, my head hurts, nose is running like a leaky tap. Ugh.
    Every night this week I have been busy in the kitchen as I am trying to fit my hosting responsibilities into my life while I am back and forth to TO. Am looking toward a weekend of REST. I am on the road again next week and it would suck if I had to get on a plane with this terrible cold. :unamused:
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,612 Member
    sdereski wrote: »
    Well, the busy-ness of my life has caught up with me. I am sick. Terrible cold, my body aches, my head hurts, nose is running like a leaky tap. Ugh.
    Every night this week I have been busy in the kitchen as I am trying to fit my hosting responsibilities into my life while I am back and forth to TO. Am looking toward a weekend of REST. I am on the road again next week and it would suck if I had to get on a plane with this terrible cold. :unamused:

    Get well soon, my friend. Hope you are able to take it easy and recuperate this weekend.

  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Happy Friday kids, hope all is well. I woke up very nervous today knowing that tomorrow is the meet. Took a long walk with the dogs and stretching quite a bit today. Weigh ins start at 6:30 a.m. Sdereski, hope you feel better. I will post photos when I can.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,569 Member
    Just curious as I've not been to this thread, but it this for most part geared at lifting or are there folks from other walks?

    I'm a runner but am looking to start strength conditioning and am planning to do so in the very near future to compliment my running.

    Working currently on building back up to half-marathon training.....work in progress but I'll get there. Goal is to hit one first and foremost when it's not hotter than Hades out and before I hit the big Five-O next year.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,612 Member
    Happy Friday kids, hope all is well. I woke up very nervous today knowing that tomorrow is the meet. Took a long walk with the dogs and stretching quite a bit today. Weigh ins start at 6:30 a.m. Sdereski, hope you feel better. I will post photos when I can.

    Best wishes for you at your meet, @caramelgyrlk! Your hard work will pay off today! 👍
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    k7dm9ijoi0b1.jpg

    One picture from today
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    rqzt0dpq5t8n.jpeg

    Next one
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    AWESOME JOB @caramelgyrlk!!! Killin' it!!!


    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    @caramelgyrlk you're making it look easy!

    Functional training core class today. Ran a half mile and didn't die. Weight's back up because I'm not weighing or counting - just stuffing all the things in my mouth. Uggggggggg
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Great day kids, Needless to say it my first meet was nothing short of a rush times ten. I had no idea in real time these meets are over 12 hours. I arrived at 6:30 a.m. and left at 7:15 p.m. I scored 6 out of 9 with my squat disqualifying me 2nd and 3rd attempt. I missed my last bench-press and smashed all 3 dead-lifts. I am now looking at the 2020 schedule so I can start looking at a few to compete in. Cryotherapy took care of my soreness today. The dogs and I took a 3 mile walk and they're pooped and I am still wired (lol). Have a great day kids.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    jayemes wrote: »
    @caramelgyrlk you're making it look easy!

    Functional training core class today. Ran a half mile and didn't die. Weight's back up because I'm not weighing or counting - just stuffing all the things in my mouth. Uggggggggg

    Thank you Jayemes......
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    AWESOME JOB @caramelgyrlk!!! Killin' it!!!


    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!

    Thank you as ALWAYS
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 2,809 Member
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    Just curious as I've not been to this thread, but it this for most part geared at lifting or are there folks from other walks?

    I'm a runner but am looking to start strength conditioning and am planning to do so in the very near future to compliment my running.

    Working currently on building back up to half-marathon training.....work in progress but I'll get there. Goal is to hit one first and foremost when it's not hotter than Hades out and before I hit the big Five-O next year.

    Welcome @cdbubks88! No specific lifting focus here, we just happen to have a bunch of motivated lifters among us. I only move iron or do body weight stuff to support enduranced training and I haven't been kicked out yet. :)

    Nice to have more runners in the group.