Healthy Holidays! (Christmas Group #2)- Closed Group

Options

Replies

• jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi my friends!!! I'm back from my 7 day Caribbean cruise...........AWESOMENESS!!!! I've missed two weigh in because of it but rest assured, I'll be weighing in next week. I hope everyone had a great week and has seen those pounds/inches come off.
  • Babushka_Dolly
    Babushka_Dolly Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hiya my weight today is 146lb so I have lost weight even if I don't feel like I have! Woop Woop! Oh, and I am going on holiday on thursday so I wont be able to do the weigh in next monday. I will be back the friday after next so please don't think I am inactive :)
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hiya my weight today is 146lb so I have lost weight even if I don't feel like I have! Woop Woop! Oh, and I am going on holiday on thursday so I wont be able to do the weigh in next monday. I will be back the friday after next so please don't think I am inactive :)

Congrats!

As for the vacation- no worries! I *may* put you in the inactive for that week or just use your most recent weight as a placeholder for that week, but it's just to make calculating percentages easier. Excel freaks out when there is an empty data field. :)
  • corgifan
    Options
    Ok, decided just using placeholder weights is better for those that need to skip a week for vacations and such. :)
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    Monday weigh in...

Still the same! But yesterday I decided to say "Screw it all!" and ordered and DEVOURED a P'zone and boneless chicken wings... today... still the same! What is it going to take to get me off of this plateau?????

I decided to change up my workout routine today! Instead of doing 5 minutes of cardio, 45 minutes of strength training and then 15-20 minutes of cardio, I did 10 minutes of HEAVY cardio, 45 minutes of KILLER strength training, and 30 minutes of a 6% incline on the treadmill! (It worked wonders for my boyfriend?) So we'll see!

Someone please help me figure this out???

On a happy note though, I finally got the courage up to wear a short fitted skirt to work and had TONS of compliments!!!!
  • corgifan
    Options
    How is your water intake? Sometimes when I plateau it's because my water consumption is down. Your body needs it to metabolize fat, so it's certainly something to consider.

Maybe try adding in some extra cardio during your day? Even if it's just 20 minutes walking after dinner it could be the boost you need. Other than that I think you're right on with changing up your routine to keep your body challenged. That and time (unfortunately) seems to be the usual solve.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    198. I have been stress eating like crazy this week, and I need to nip that in the bud.
  • janiecorona
    Options
    I am 1/2 way to my NSV goal of running 2 miles. Today, I ran 1 mile without stopping in 13 minutes! For a person who has been obese! their entire life and just started running 3 weeks ago that's very good!(:
  • Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    My weight today is 256.0..gained two onces but its probably water. one gym session and its gone
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    2 days into working out and already over 2000 calories burned, whoo hoo! I know this will be a good week for me.

Keep up the great work everyone.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hey all, sorry I didn't post my weight in yesterday. My mom is visiting from out of town and I haven't seen her since Christmas, so I haven't been on the computer much. Unfortunatley I'm still at 176, no loss. On the plus side I'm amazed I haven't gained any thing with my mom being here! Well she leaves tomorrow and it's back to cooking healthy and busting my butt at the gym!
  • slw732
    slw732 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi everybody! Sorry I have not yet posted my weight, the truth is I went on a trip to Montreal and spent the whole time drinking delicious drinks and eating lots of unhealthy food. I went up .6 lbs last week and I am terrified my hard work in the past couple of weeks has been for nothing because I have no been in a gym for DAYS! I'll post tomorrow....fingers crossed!
  • slw732
    slw732 Posts: 23
    Options
    Not as bad as I thought, I stayed at 177.8 :)
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    You're all doing so well!!!
    Let's keep it up!!
    We CAN do this!!! :smile:
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    So, I wasn't able to weigh in on Monday - No power due to Hurricane Irene. I've been staying at my future in-laws since Monday night when we finally weren't trapped in the house anymore. They don't have a scale. :( I'm pretty sure that I probably gained some weight seeing as how we only had non-perishable stuff and I had to eat like 3 pb and Fluff sandwiches during the weekend. :/ I'll be able to get a weigh in tomorrow morning to see what happened. Sorry I didn't reply sooner either - no power and very limited internet access at the in-laws. I'll get it posted tomorrow though!

P.S. I changed my username. It was Lesley1126 before!
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in for 8/29/11: 248.5
    Again - I changed my username... used to be Lesley1126 :)
  • kirstyfromscotland
    Options
    sorry for the delay, ive been working extra this week doing 12 hour shifts then coming home working out then shower n bed! but im down this week finally after being at a standstill for weeks down to 132.6!
  • corgifan
    Options
    Just an FYI- we're up to 57.1 pounds lost so far!

Busy week- sorry it took me so long to update! Monday's should go up pretty quick.

Heading to LA tomorrow and taking a crack at my second half marathon on Sunday! Wish me luck!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    Options
    I am 1/2 way to my NSV goal of running 2 miles. Today, I ran 1 mile without stopping in 13 minutes! For a person who has been obese! their entire life and just started running 3 weeks ago that's very good!(:
    well done, good 4 u, ur 2nd half wiil b much quicker i think as ur doing really well with it.x
  • kirstyfromscotland
    Options
    Just an FYI- we're up to 57.1 pounds lost so far!

Busy week- sorry it took me so long to update! Monday's should go up pretty quick.

Heading to LA tomorrow and taking a crack at my second half marathon on Sunday! Wish me luck!
    good luck, not that u need it.x