Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

Hello Ladies~~

Big hugs to Runa - what a *kitten* you just went through. Hang in there. I wonder what's up with the non-working circuits in your apartment. I love trying to solve electrical mysteries.

Nikki - congrats on the two horses. I don't know how horse people do it. I can't even muster the wherewithal to get a dog! LOL!

Laura - I am so jealous of your France time. 🍇

Waving to Ama and Skinny and Sara and Missy and Dawn and Kathryn and Tracy and Lynn and Tracey and everyone else who stops by today.

*flopping onto favorite lounge chair for a nap*

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Well... this is gonna take a bit to get caught up. Community has been "Unavailable" for a few days... goodness....

Waves to everyone... will start reading 56 posts I missed...eeekkk
  • skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Dawn --we missed you. Welcome back!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    apple / pear sauce made - leftover teriyaki chicken I made for dinner+.

Amazon said they delivered package??? I will wait a couple of days to see......

TMI - something women have monthly found me again - I am in the high end age range for this to stop.....luckily I am prepared for such things.

Looking for a cotton plaid shirt to wear for Halloween - why is it so hard to find?

Dawn - thank you for not giving up the ship and read away we have been busy bees on this board.

Last of the Blue Angels buzzing us until next year.

Wishing all a good night.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    apple / pear sauce made - leftover teriyaki chicken I made for dinner+.

Amazon said they delivered package??? I will wait a couple of days to see......

TMI - something women have monthly found me again - I am in the high end age range for this to stop.....luckily I am prepared for such things.

Looking for a cotton plaid shirt to wear for Halloween - why is it so hard to find?

Dawn - thank you for not giving up the ship and read away we have been busy bees on this board.

Last of the Blue Angels buzzing us until next year.

Wishing all a good night.

Check out LL Bean. They have plaid shirts.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Missy - I was looking at Lands End and LLBean - amazon could not get me anything I wanted until at Halloween. Target near me is a possibility and I will be in that area this weekend, so I will wait - thank you. I was willing to spend extra $$$ for something, but I had to be willing to wear it a long time and colors are so-so.

Onward and upward. Romance novel to finish.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Missy - I was looking at Lands End and LLBean - amazon could not get me anything I wanted until at Halloween. Target near me is a possibility and I will be in that area this weekend, so I will wait - thank you. I was willing to spend extra $$$ for something, but I had to be willing to wear it a long time and colors are so-so.

Onward and upward. Romance novel to finish.

Oh man that stinks! Do you have a Kohl’s near you?
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    MONDAY

Morning all. Hope everyone is okay? Glad to see you back Dawn and hope the catching up doesn't take too long! We seem to post a lot!

Sara I'm sorry to hear about your bad night, hope you've had a better sleep now. In answer to your question about the horses, we aren't lucky enough to have our own land so we pay to board the horses with other people. The two we currently have are at a lovely place 5 minutes away which has facilities for riding and lots of nice people around. The two babies will be going to a big field in the countryside where they can be with other babies and do their growing. They can't be ridden until they are at least 3 and a half but I will wait until they are about 4/5 before I start them. Then we will move them to a place with a riding arena and stables.

Lana, we are lazy horse owners, we pay for them to be cared for every day so that we can just do the fun stuff. Though that does mean that I have to work full time rather than being a lady of leisure. It's kind of a trade off, I either work so I don't need to go out and get cold wet and muddy twice a day, or I don't work and have 4 horses to look after myself which would probably take a similar amount of time and not leave me any money left over. So I work!

Anyway enough about me and horses for now! Must get back to work. I have an appointment 2 hours away, I'm not even dressed yet and I' supposed to be meeting an old friend for dinner afterwards as I haven't sen him for months. Wondering if he will notice anything different, though in fairness 30lbs might sound a lot but when I need to lose another 100lbs + it's not that noticeable. My mother didn't even notice this weekend! Avoided a lecture about dieting but still a bit miffed she didn't say anything too! The lectures are epic though so probably a licky escape, I'm just awkward to please!

Hope everyone has a good day. Doubt I'll be back before tomorrow now though.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weigh in - no change taking it and working on this week.

Missy - used to. Will try Target first.

Niki- thank you about the horse info. My experience as an adult with horses is reading Dick Francis books. Have a great dinner.

Hard boiled eggs for one snack to see if it helps this week.

Wave to all who follow.
  • skinnytacular
    Options
    Good morning all!

Crazy busy week ahead. Scale stubborn, typical weekend upward creep. I might try logging in WW this week to keep myself accountable. I did do 20 minutes on the elliptical this morning. Will try to do another 20-30 tonight plus maybe a strength workout.

Good to see Missy and Dawn and Sara and Nik and Lana. Waving hi to Ama, Tracy, Kathryn, and Runa and all who follow and those who lurk! Have a great day everyone. Drink lots of water.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lynn - only 6 months, I have yet to have the 12 month "dry spell" to qualify for being post menopause, I thank you for caring - women well after menopause can have the issue and that is a serious reason to see a dr.
  • skinnytacular
    Options
    Waving hi to Lynn and Sara and to all who follow. Putting my head down and getting back to work. Don't forget to drink more water, all!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Waving hi to Lynn and Sara and to all who follow. Putting my head down and getting back to work. Don't forget to drink more water, all!

Was a little disappointed in the word water being the end of that sentence :wink: :smiley:
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

Hey there Girls~~

I thought that I was going to get SO MUCH done today, so that I could coast tomorrow before leaving on Wednesday, but that did not work out at all. *kitten!*

Caveat: I may not get back here until Thursday, once I am up in NYC.

Sara - keep an eye on the Cabana Boys for me!!! They should have a great Wednesday Happy Hour for us.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Dawn --we missed you. Welcome back!

Thank you! I missed everyone...MFP can be a real pain for me, sometimes...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Waves everyone! I am caught up. But, as i'm terrible at keeping things straight in my response...I will just start here and say, I missed everyone and glad to be back. I think it's more my phone than MFP... it'll happen again, I'm sure....

Temps have finally dropped, which is good and bad. I really love this time of year...I was able to get in a walk, today and hope to do more this week.. but, this week has already brought lots of sickness, all around me! DH has been sick (sore throat, achy) all weekend.. couple girls at work are sick, one has pneumonia...I'm doomed... bought some Emergen-C... not what I thought it was, but will give it a shot...

Had to break down and buy new, only slightly better Wal Mart shoes. Trying to wait and get good ones. But, my feet hurt so bad today i'm not even sure how I made it thru Wal Mart. I was nearly in tears. I walk on the insides of my feet... zero arch support in shoes... couldn't take it anymore. I checked out the site Sara shared and found there is a store back home. May check it out. My feet have never hurt so bad.

Hope everyone has a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

I got one extra glass of water in yesterday.

Dawn, the arch supports are $$$ but I have had mine for 10 years, so if you go think of it as long term.... Your job has you on your feet all day. I dont have to buy $$$$ shoes with the inserts - I have to still buy decent ones but I can shop sales.

Snacks today are string cheese/hard boiled egg/banana and yogurt (not greek)- hoping to keep the sweet tooth in check at work - home is another battle. One war at a time.

More training today - larger binder was on my desk yesterday and :o I thought "holy kitten" how much stuff is there? I bought a binder like I had for my last job. I may not have to use it, I may gift it to another lady at work. I could try and take it back, but without receipt?? Just better to gift.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking when I can and if I can.