Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,801 Member
    Options
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Kathryn
    Yes party was a huge success. Thanks for asking.
    Most companies - especially in US - are horrible about balancing life and work. We work ourselves sick for little appreciation. That is unfortunate you cannot vacation - stinks really. People are more important than money. Rich get richer...OK rant over.
    I will join everyone under the palm tree!

Canada is the same for expecting people to put work before life and family. I think this is something that will change as Millenials start running the organizations. They seem to understand the importance of work life balance more than we did.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Kathryn - purchased - way to lazy and dont have a food processor

Tracy/Tracey- thank you on the snow info. It snowed when I was there one June but it was up in the mountains and it did not stick - Is October a snow month for you?

I would say that mid to late November is more the norm for snow to start and stay until April. There has been one year since we lived her (21 years) where it snowed on Thanksgiving and stayed right through. (Our Thanksgiving is the second Monday in October).

It was nice yesterday +18 on my way home, and this morning started off rainy at +12 but is now sunny again. Calling for snow again next week a couple of days. I hope that we do actually get a Fall yet though. It's funny because my flowers are still in bloom, they haven't been killed off and most trees are still green. It's certainly a strange feeling this year.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Email at work, "Pizza for our monthly meeting". Pre WW that would have been received well, but after WW I really dont like mass made pizza. Will to the "Christmas Party" routine and have what would be a piece and supplement my lunch with other things before/after.

Eye apt for Monday, at least I am in October..... taking Mammogram phone # to work today to make that phone call.

Made Bacon/Swiss Cheese/Mushroom Strata last night with the instructions that I can bake it after work tonight while it sits in fridge. The problem is my freezer is full and time to clean out. I can do that while it bakes.

20 minutes of more of walking after dinner a couple of months ago would have been exhausting, so that I can do it now is encouraging.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Tuesday.

I am not a fan of mass made pizza either. I make my own 90% of the time. I do make a quick and easy one for the grands a lot. I use an English Muffin or Pita or Tortilla shell. It saves me a lot of calories and they still get pizza that they'll eat without fuss.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Haven't got much to say, struggling here trying to not let the weather affect my mood. I did manage to get a walk in last night. Yesterday I reached 179 which put in the overweight instead of obese category for my BMI.
    Today my weight is up again, but I know it's just water because of too much sodium yesterday.

Started working on my Christmas crafts last night, used the new sander hubby got me for my birthday to sand some slices it was much faster! Hopefully by the first of the week I will be painting and getting some ready to sell.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,887 Member
    Options

......just running through to check in with you all.......

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,349 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon

Nail polish today is new for me https://www.opi.com/nail-products/nail-polish/koala-bear-y

Rewards for all my doctor appointments had to stop being food, so a cookbook and books to read- any ideas?

Bad air today tomorrow so not sure about walking outside.

Butternut squash pasta with spinach and italian sausage again for dinner, tomorrow and maybe Friday. Will consult the "cooking for 2" cookbook for next weeks meals.....

I know you were just running through Lana - but it is Broadway Blockbuster songs tonight with the Cabana boys and you know more Broadway songs than the rest of us have to keep them singing.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Pizza for lunch today compliments of my department. We have to take a separate lunch break so I will see what I can find before hand that is healthy.

Dentist office called, can I call them at 6:30 this morning? No but I can call them at 7 ish to see if there is any update on next Thursday's appointment. I will probably run out of time off for the holiday and have to take the days off without pay. Amazing.

Food choices are okay, air quality is bad today so no outside walking, deal with it as best I can.

New light bulb is too bright to sleep to, so sleep will not be hard to find again this morning.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking as usual. Make it your best Thursday.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Good evening,

Got the yearly bonus which I was not sure I would get...... so depending on how expensive the second pair of eye glasses are I could say it was spent on glasses and a set of mouth pieces for proactive gum disease prevention..... at least it would pay a part of it.

Dvd in mail from Netflix is a murder mystery with Colin Firth (Ruth Rundell Mysteries) so I may be late getting to the cboy lounge fest.

Had one piece of marginal pizza a couple pieces of lettuce 2 baby carrrots for this meeting lunch and a breakfast croissant ( egg/cheese/ ham okay croissant not so much....) beforehand. And so went my day.

Wondering if I should get a bed for Miss T this winter or just put down a blanket, first year she cannot get into recliner. Hmmmm.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,887 Member
    Options

Hello All~~

I've been hiding ever since Sara suggested that I have something to do with singing. Lana does not sing or dance. Yikes! LOL!

Sara congrats on your bonus! Good for you~~

Waving to everyone else here.
    The past few days have been a food festival. I am letting mental distress get the best of me.
    Tomorrow I will try my best to turn that around.

So, I've been thinking, just thinking, of joining Weight Watchers for 3 to 6 months to get me through the holidays and winter. I looked at the website - yes, it is expensive.
    They are calling the program "Freestyle" I seem to recall a "Freestyle" many years ago.
    Meetings are no longer called Meetings - they are called Studio. For goodness sake.

Time to lay down; I don't feel good. Could be the ten cookies I ate earlier in the day.
    Please tell the other two women who live in my head that one cannot commit suicide by food. Or one ought not try to......

*looking for comedy on Netflix*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - I am sorry you thought you had to sing/dance but you would know which songs to request..... that was my point. So no reason to hide.

Herbal tea might help the stomach - even just drinking hot water would help??

WW can call it whatever they want new and improved has a lot to answer for, but if this will help you through the holidays Lana it might be worth it. Hope you found a good show on Netflix.

Off to watch rest of 2 of 3 part murder mystery and then bed with dog. I have a nice thick blanket she used to sleep on (I made it for me...) and I may not need to buy a "bed" for her.

Catch you on the flip side.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning and TGIF!!

Mikaila - welcome - do not use the scale as your ultimate answer to how well you are doing (yes, the Drs do we know) but you mentioned a couple good ones already - keep up the good work!

Okay - wasnt really paying attention, was so glad to move away from the chatting idiots at work, my slanted keyboard did not move - but asked Sup and I can get an upgrade, when is another question, so I may have to ease off on the marathon knitting I do on weekends. Reading /napping and more walking with the cooler temps???

How are we doing with our weekly goal? I even went walking outside for 15 minutes last night, so this routine has a chance of sticking.

Wishing all a great Friday - special party under Lana's Palm Tree tonight. Wave to all who follow.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday.
    Goal this week - not too bad. Not a good week of the month to do this, so some extra food did enter my mouth! Hate feeling like someone punched me in the guts for days!
    Lana - I did not know that was my problem either - but I think you got it. One of my personalities must be doing the same! Keep on keeping on. All we can do is strive to do better the next day and celebrate our successes. And yes WW is expensive, but I agree if it helps lose weight - it is worth it in how you feel and your health.
    Sara - speaking of success - a bonus! Bought needed things, but that still frees up some money and helps ease expenses! Dog beds are overrated in my opinion. I bought a nice one once and my dog chewed it up. She gets blankets now lol.
    Mikaila - welcome.
    Have a great Friday! TGIF!
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, everyone! Week has been crazy. I’ve started writing in here multiple times and have gotten distracted.

Ready for a relaxed, but healthy weekend. Got lots of goodies at the grocery store and will do my strength training this weekend.

I’ll check back in later. Have a good day, everyone!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lynn - Brennerjib- I put down my blanket that the dog has used in the past, it is a fleece blanket. Thank you for the feedback - Miss T does thumb her nose at things so saving $$ for things she likes helps.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Just stopping in to say hi, not much to really say on my end. Yesterday I went and got my hair cut and coloured by my daughter. She was able to give a discount to 5 friends and families for while she is in salon at the school. So it was nice to have that done for $30!

Hubby found out yesterday he is getting his winter layoff next Friday, this is almost a full month earlier than last year. This terrible weather has been wreaking havoc in everything I guess. Hopefully he gets called for one of the Winter positions.

Probably won't have much of a chance to check in over the weekend, so happy weekend to all.
    Tracey
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi all! I'm really, really struggling again. I know, it's pretty much a constant with me. I've tried a couple different things over the last 3 weeks or so... scale just bounces up and down within the same 3 lbs. The weather is really cooling down, but I have no desire to get outside. Yes, it's a bit of depression. Even though, things have been fairly good. I just have so much in my head. I decided today, I'm done with my weight loss journey. I'm so tired of the struggle. Honestly, I have about 20lbs to lose...I'm just tired of those same 3lbs. I really should log my food, again. I just don't have desire for that, either. So, here I am. I'm not leaving MFP. I love this group. I just need to take a break... one more added stress I can't handle... sorry for being Debbie Downer... just tired today..I've thought of WW, too... but, the price and the changes keep me from committing. Now, they're no longer calling it Weight Watchers... it's just WW...odd...I love the Weight Watchers from years ago.. it worked for me... why change something that works? Guess they gotta keep up with the times...
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm really, really struggling again. I know, it's pretty much a constant with me. I've tried a couple different things over the last 3 weeks or so... scale just bounces up and down within the same 3 lbs. The weather is really cooling down, but I have no desire to get outside. Yes, it's a bit of depression. Even though, things have been fairly good. I just have so much in my head. I decided today, I'm done with my weight loss journey. I'm so tired of the struggle. Honestly, I have about 20lbs to lose...I'm just tired of those same 3lbs. I really should log my food, again. I just don't have desire for that, either. So, here I am. I'm not leaving MFP. I love this group. I just need to take a break... one more added stress I can't handle... sorry for being Debbie Downer... just tired today..I've thought of WW, too... but, the price and the changes keep me from committing. Now, they're no longer calling it Weight Watchers... it's just WW...odd...I love the Weight Watchers from years ago.. it worked for me... why change something that works? Guess they gotta keep up with the times...

Sorry you are struggling. I read a lot of the forums and message boards and see a lot of people just give up for a little bit to get their thoughts in order then when they try again are quite successful! Keep visiting us :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn focus on walking more and leave the food issue alone for awhile. If you dont walk and do eat I hate to think of what it would be down the road...... I am just glad you checked in. Can you take an exercise class where you are? I stopped logging my food and I know I am paying for it, but living in NeuroticLand was not helping me. Let us know how you are doing.