Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good morning all: Runa, Lynn, Missy, Sara, Nik, Dawn, Lana, Ama and everyone who follows--it was a lovely, crisp fall day here yesterday. Hoping for the same today. Big work deadlines this week--got a lot done yesterday, but still have some major challenges ahead today, plus I have a class tonight and need to leave work on time. 

Made an attempt at working out with resistance bands yesterday for the first time every. It was only so so. Am about to try again! Fingers crossed. Eating was fairly well-controlled (so much easier at work when I'm more or less limited to what I brought to eat, although there are vending machines a few floors down I supposed I could raid. Thankfully have resisted thus far. 

Sara--great NSV about resisting the snacks. I love your healthy snacks today. Kind of you to gift the binder. Do whatever gives you the most joy--gifting the binder, or returning it and buying yourself something small, like a new nail polish perhaps.
    Dawn--I hope you can stay healthy. I hope your new shoes ease your pain!Lana--Safe travels!
    Runa--I love that you are advocating for yourself!  Squeak away!
    Lynn-Yes, water (sadly) is the key,  unless you have one of those fabulous drinks from the Cabana, then the sky's the limit. I hope the scale is kind to you today. I'm glad you got to spend time with your daughter. 
    Nik--30 lbs is fantastic progress, do not discount. I hope you had a wonderful meal last night. I am sure your friend noticed your progress, whether he commented or not. 
    Missy--I've got nothing specific. Just a wave!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

Good morning Ladies~~

Dawn - I hope that you find some viable answers for your feet! Hugs~

....and hugs for everybody who stops by later on~~

Lana

254.2 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Dawn- arch supports - YES. meanwhile a frozen water bottle anytime you are off your feet and roll it with the bottom of your foot on the ground back and forth. It helps. Then to ensure all parts are getting iced at least daily - yes this is awful - but pro athletes bathe in it. - a bucket of ice water and soak your feet/foot for as long as you can stand it. That gets the icing to every nuk and cranny.
    Sara- think about you daily at work. All that training is stressful, remember light at end of the tunnel. Keep breathing!
    Lana - safe travels! we will miss you.
    Waves to all! Have a great Tuesday!
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Hi All, just a quick stop in for me. Wanted to say that the suggestion about the ice really really helped my foot so I'd give that a go before paying for anything else.

Had an absolutely lovely time with my friend last night. He didn't mention weight specifically but did say I looked good, though I think he always does! He's been my closest friend for the last 22 years. Was so good to spend a whole evening face to face catching up and not just talking on the phone whilst we are driving in opposite directions!

Anyway yet another school event to go to and then my check in with my diet lady to keep me accountable in person. I weigh every day but it's nice to have another person cheering you on.

Waves to all and will catch up properly later on.

• skinnytacular
    Options
    OK, I can already feel my work stress ratcheting up, first trying to get my child to school on time. Big upset. I totally wanted to go through the drive through for something warm and high in fat, such as a mocha and a toasted bagel with lox and cream cheese. Ate my frittata instead, but, man, all I want to do right now is eat.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    OK, I can already feel my work stress ratcheting up, first trying to get my child to school on time. Big upset. I totally wanted to go through the drive through for something warm and high in fat, such as a mocha and a toasted bagel with lox and cream cheese. Ate my frittata instead, but, man, all I want to do right now is eat.

Keeping making one choice at a time....don't worry about the next choice. Keep on keeping on - you can do it!
  • skinnytacular
    Options
    Thank you Lynn! So far, I've done ok today food-wise. I've got a ways to go.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    5vkxcacewb7v.png

vpajfjduh35a.png

ijlitrjxqcqn.png

any ideas how my day went??

cup of hot tea and dvd or romance novel for evening.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Oh *kitten* Sara ! Sorry to hear that today was bad. That kid's face says it all, right? Big hugs~~

Lana
  • skinnytacular
    Options
    Sara, I hope your Wednesday is better than today!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    holy cow people! 150 posts while i was gone? this is going to take me days to catch up!
    had fantastic vacation at the 33rd Annual Dixie Run in TN. but I am tired and sore from it all.
    home now and work is crazy.
    hope everyone here is doing well.
    **snapping fingers for CBoys to bring beverages and massage**
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2019
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Kathryn!! Good to hear from you - we can be a bunch of chatterboxes!! Glad your vacation went well and you are feeling better. Hot showers/ baths/heating pads are always a great comfort.

My picture collage last night started out so nice - cboy and drinks and then I saw the other two..... trainer stinks at communicating and gets herself all upside down and backwards in the same conversation - I never know what to remember and we also had that conversation yesterday, so what I am to work on is now in email...... Three people pulled me aside to tell me she is not a great trainer - knows her stuff, but communicating it not so much.

Lovely. Almost feels like I walked into a field of land mines. Guy across from me offered to help with questions. Not sure who to trust in this new place. Hence the little boy picture - just too true.

Tri tip salad for lunch - large salad less likely to snack in afternoon.

i1puijtdxluw.png

Wave to all who follow. Will lurk when I can.
  • skinnytacular
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Kathryn--great to see you back! Sara--it's so hard to be new and know who to rely on. Hang in there! Waving to all who follow and lurk.

Good morning all! I'm about to go downstairs and workout a little. I've started (since Monday) working out with resistance bands, in addition to doing cardio on the elliptical. I'm hoping to build muscle for strength and toning, of course, but also hopefully to burn fat faster. Too soon to experience results yet, but it feels good to have added another piece of the fitness puzzle.

Still need to focus on my big work deadlines. Work-wise, I mostly succeeded yesterday in not gorging on unhealthy snacks. Mostly getting done what I need to have done. Need to bring more healthy snacks today, I think.

I figured out on WW yesterday that 8 peanut M&Ms --which I can easily pinch during the course of a day-- are about the same number of points as a grilled chicken thigh. Will bring a grilled chicken thigh to eat when I'm feeling snacky!

Have a great day out there everyone!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Woman I gave binder to is loaning me her Halloween costume, so I am calling it barter not a gift.
  • skinnytacular
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Win-win Sara! Wow, folks in the MFP branches outside of "motivation and support" can be a touch crabby and territorial! I might need to restrict myself to the motivation and support threads! Oy.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Good morning All~~

Kathryn! Good to see you!

Sara - I can't believe that my sister in Redwood City/San Mateo County is either without power right now, or she will be by this evening. What a crazy situation with this wildfire prevention.

As best as I can tell, the Sacramento area is not affected, correct?

I am going to try to be calm about this, but I went through some hoops when I booked my flight out to SFO to get business class for the least amount of miles.

I hope that they keep San Francisco county (and the airport) powered up. I am supposed to fly there on Saturday, and I think I read that the power in the Bay Area is likely to be off for 5 days. I'm trying to keep up with the CA news reports online.

Oy!

Waves to everyone else.

Lana

exact same as yesterday
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - Sacramento and the area around it are clear from outages. PGE is our gas not electricity - so if anything I would have to boil my water to take bath etc. Still crazy as heck to have outages but better safe than sorry maybe.....
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - my sister is hoping that they won't shut down the areas in the flatlands near the bay--just the people up in the hills...
    It sounds as though you are safe from this! Cool!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I am thinking they shut down the Bay Area only in absolute emergency - depends on if your sister in Redwood City/San Mateo is urban or in the suburbs like Hillsborough..... glad you are visiting your sister.