WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2019

Options

Replies

• Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Karen In Va-Josephine is an inspiration!!💐💐💐💐Prayers to her and your family.
    Debby In Va
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    6yqqcfdl6csa.jpeg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Beth – when we lived in PA and they “trimmed” the trees, people were always up in arms about how the trees looked. Now down here no one says “boo” about it. I freeze A LOT, too

Rita – how great that you got rid of one of your meds

I usually get some sort of print out about my BDT and I haven’t gotten that this year so I called the MD’s office. It seems like my BD is a little worse. I was hoping that the Actonel would be OK. Since I’ll be on medicare starting in Jan, wonder how they’ll treat this?

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Take time to focus on yourself. :)

70j7m0acjqv9.png

Done!! :)

1. Pursuing further education.
    2. Cycling.
    3. Photography.

Machka in Oz

Out of curiosity and for fun ... what are your top 3 hobbies? They could fit in the categories above or just be your 3 favourites. :)

M in Oz
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    pretty sure I don't have a hobby that makes me money, so I will just change that to a hobby that helps me spend money:

1. Travel would be my money hobby
    2. Horseback riding is my stay in shape hobby
    3. Scrapbooking is my creative hobby
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :)Barbara,last year when we had work done on our kitchen the handyman found black mold in the wall behind the stove top that turned out to be caused by our water heater on the other side of the wall that had been improperly installed many years ago before we lived here. They took care of all the problems but it was a lot more expensive than we had expected. This year with the bathroom remodel we were worried about the floor under the carpet and the floor turned out to be in good shape and no special work was needed. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you when you remodel.

:) Today is Jake's birthday and what he wanted most was to go out to lunch. We ate at one of his favorite restaurants. He had crab louie and I had a salad with white meat chicken, hard boiled egg, tomato, cucumber, onion, lettuce and blue cheese dressing on the side---healthy food for both of us.

<3Machka, I knit hats to contribute to needy people, line dance as a student and as a teacher, walk my dogs, putter in my yard, and ride my exercise bike. I have more time for hobbies now that I am retired from full time employment.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day
    bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.50min, 139mhr, 12.3amph, 1.60mi= 89c
    apple watch- 65c
    ELIPTICAL- 40min, 132mhr, 110ahr, 5626strides, 1-10incl, 7resist, 3.30mi= 296c
    apple watch- 298c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.12min, 17.3amph, 1.50mi= didn't record
    apple watch- 55c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 16.27min, 148mhr, 11.2amph, 3.06mi= 194c
    apple watch- 119c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.24min, 148mhr, 10.01min mi, .53mi= 70c
    apple watch- 64c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.28min, 9.47min mi, 14hr, .45mi= 64c
    apple watch- Didn’t record
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.44min, 152mhr, 8.4amph, 2.61mi= 210c
    apple watch- 143c

Total cal 951c
  • Machka9
    Options
    dandl1986 wrote: »
    pretty sure I don't have a hobby that makes me money, so I will just change that to a hobby that helps me spend money:

1. Travel would be my money hobby
    2. Horseback riding is my stay in shape hobby
    3. Scrapbooking is my creative hobby

Yes ... travel would be my "spend money" hobby too. :)

M in Oz
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - I love seeing your son “wearing” Athena. Baby-wearing is awesome! I “wore” Hannah until she was 6. She said it made her feel safe. I got lucky that she was crazy tiny!! I could carry her from my car up the stairs and put her in bed until she was 9.

Hobbies
    1. Money hobby - music, I’ve done weddings and funerals from time to time. Not much any more.
    2. Stay in shape hobby - I love to walk! I have several parks where I walk regularly. I only use the gym when it rains or is above 85 degrees. I don’t do heat!
    3. Hobby for fun - back to music. I pretty much only sing in church choir now, and I am NOT a paid section leader any more. I gave that up in my 20s. Now I sing for relaxation and to have a night out.

Connie in KY
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😴
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    sorry i didnt get to chime in yesterday , work was busy and then was invited to dinner at a friends house, did come down and feed Alfie but feel bad as it was 8:30 before i got down here as we put a bench together for Carolyn
    i had a cheat meal. spaghetti and garlic bread, carb heaven , but wont eat until tonight at the wedding,,, dropping my car off at body shop and they are bringing a rental there,then will check on the dogs and my DFIL and bring Alfie to Toms and pick my son up and off we go it is 3 1/2 hr drive, and will check in early to get ready there..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Horrible rainy, windy weather here. How lucky we were on our cruise! :noway:

I'm going out later, when it's calmed down, to get food for two lunches with DSIL and boyfriend. Plus something easy for tonight. The other thing I am going to buy is draught excluder. This house is soooooo leaky and now the top floor window catch is broken we can't get that properly shut. Very annoying.
    Have to put suitcases away in the loft space and make a bed. I haven't got back into my writing yet. Next week. I have a feeling I'm going to have to do a huge edit on this memoir and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Not sure how to proceed. I will just have to jump in and see what transpires. I'm feeling a little "on hold" at the moment until I've got started again.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx who is listening to the wind rocking the house and feeling the draughts.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Finally got my Fitbit to synch with the app, after many, many fixes and reboots of all items concerned, watch, phone, app force stop, app delete, app reinstall, and on and on for two days. It is possible I'm too dependent on this little buggerty thing.

Today's stats - Elliptical, 3,512 steps, 291 calories, avg. 9.7 cals/minute, 30 minutes, 14 at peak, 16 at cardio.

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • Machka9
    Options
    This past week ...

Monday - Physio Pilates
    Tuesday - Lecture at Uni and a Conference Call with the National Committee of my cycling club. I did neither because my homework was too urgent.
    Wednesday - House Inspection and Tutorial at Uni where I had a 10-min presentation.
    Thursday - Helicopter Open Day, Lecture at Lunch, ICU visit and a multitude of errands + homework.
    Friday - Homework all day long. I was racing to get my last assignment done and I did it! Submitted with about 25 minutes to go!! All 122 pages of it.

I've hardly exercised this week because I've been madly researching and writing. Oh, and in my spare time (my time at work ... hahaha), I'm writing a huge instruction manual (up to about 70 pages now). So I worked on that too. Much too much writing! It's a good thing there's some part of me that enjoys it.

But the October Insanity doesn't stop with that.

Tomorrow (Saturday) I've got a Wordpress meeting. I've skipped a couple because I've been too busy, but I must get back. And then it's paperwork and taxes for the rest of the weekend. However, I am hoping to get some cycling in there somewhere.

Next week will be preparations for my final exam and a 3-day cycling event we're hosting soon.

For some reason October is just like this.

Machka in Oz

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :)Kim, Your dog is darling. I, too, count dog walk as part of my exercise. Our daily walks total about between two and three hours every day. I have an exercise bike in my living room and ride it while watching TV and I go to two line dance classes each week.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    @Machka9

1. N/A as I’m retired, but the hobby that resembles what I used to do is volunteer group leader for U3A
    2. Walking and working out
    3. Writing poetry, painting watercolours, crafting.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    :heart: