Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    uox9nb5z3l8j.png

NSV said "no thank you" to cake being passed around.

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Went to park yesterday to try out new shoes. I made it 1 lap, feet were good. But. I got a really uncomfortable feeling and left quickly. As I was walking, a young guy pulled into park. I try not to overthink. Watch too many Crime shows. I was on other side of track, furthest from my car and the guy. He pulled in behind my car, at an angle...a bit of distance between... no one ever parks that way, the parking area is really small.. not to mention, the front of his car was almost on walking track. Worst part, I had to walk past him, to get to my car. I tried to act casual as I walked by. I did look at him. He looked at me, mumbled something and got real fidgety. I quickly got in my car and locked the doors. He started his car and left. Come to find out, he was back within 20 minutes. Co worker went to park and saw him. She didn't get out of her car. I didn't tell her about my incident, until after she got back. I had no idea she was going to park. I feel I should stay away from park for a bit. Which is a real bummer, since weather has changed.

Seems I am coming down with whatever sickness is going around. Have had cough/ tickle in throat for couple days. Now, coughing more and stuffy nose. I don't feel bad... but, a little off... trying really hard to fight it... my weekend to work and, of course, boarding is full... seems to happen every weekend I work, lately... ugh

That sounds like a scary experience if you see that guy again make sure to write down the make, model and license plate and description of the guy. Hopefully it was nothing more than a guy wanting to smoke.

I'm hoping that's all. Or, at least not up to anything that horrible, in the middle of the day. I hate being afraid to walk. May just be from too much TV. But, I do know of a couple bad incidents at that park. I wish I could find someone to actually walk with me. They say they want to, but never commit.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry I’ve been useless, again! The week just seems to rush past me whilst I try to catch up on work and sleep! I never seem to catch up! Permanently tired at the moment, may need to up protein.

Dawn that sounds really dodgy, if you see him again take the plate number and report it. Horrible to think you can’t feel safe when you want to go to the park.

I’ve read back but instantly forgotten everything probably due to being tired so apologies again that I’m being rude and not interacting properly.

Hubby has had more bad news about his health so I think that’s causing some stress and tiredness too. It seems he now has non alcoholic cirrhosis of the liver too, pretty serious I think. Waiting to find out what they’re going to do for him. That on top of needing his gallbladder out, the diabetes and being an above knee amputee is making life tough!

Anyway enough whining from me. I’m still with the plan and losing nicely. Only 7.5lbs to my October goal so if I can keep going I’ll be happy. Back on Tready Eddy my treadmill without too much heel pain so that’s good too.

Always got to focus on the positives!

Hope everyone is well 😘

You are not useless! Sounds to me, like you have every reason to struggle keeping things straight. I do the same. So, don't apologize. I had no idea, you could get cirrhosis, not being an alcoholic. Sorry for more troubling news. Good for you, sticking with it. Huge hugs to you
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Saltine- wow! That's a lot of snow! Happy Thanksgiving! Most of my Scentsy family is Canadian and celebrating Turkey Day. I'm jealous...lol... be safe out there!

Lana- be safe traveling. Hugs

Sara- great NSV! Someone brought in some amazing looking cupcakes....I really, really wanted to try one...I did not... they only brought 4... hoping they will be gone, tomorrow... glad you made it thru first week at new job... foot rubs, zero calorie cocktails and puppy massages (for Miss T) waiting at the Cabana...

Feeling worse today. The morning was so crazy. Not sure how I made it thru. Going to take meds soon and call it a nite... blah

Good night all..

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Dog up and fed. Huge fires in area - buildings and grass fire - and I thought I wasted money buying the expensive face masks last year for better breathing.....put one in my knitting bag just in case.

Regular errands and then a couple extra this weekend - so with no English Soccer this weekend :s I have extra time. Will see how much of it I get done today.

Chore of the weekend is to clean a very large window, I usually clean it once a year so it is ready. Remembering my youth I would clean windows a lot more often - oh well I was also 30 years younger and supposedly if I kept a clean house I would meet "Mr Right". Hah!!

Figuring out the dynamics at work has helped - have lunch with coworker confirms which other coworker is friendly or not etc.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options

Hey All~~

Sara - Yikes - you are having the fires near you? Yes, take care of yourself and Miss Tillie.

Runa - Wow that's a lot all at the same time. Do the best that you can. Stop by when you can; we will be thinking of you in between your postings.

Waving to Dawn and Kathryn and Ama and Saltine and Tracey and Tracy and Skinny and Laura and Nikki and Lynn and Missy~~~~~and anyone else who pops by later on.

Lana

256.0 today
    255.0 "highest"
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana the fires this time are not near me but we had local fires that coated my car with gunk. I bought

https://www.thermos.com/stainless-kingtm-vacuum-insulated-stainless-steel-food-jar-47oz.html

in reponse to in case we lose power and i need to keep some things cold (wet dog food for example).

Miss T has had extra walks today and I hit 7000 steps shopping before noon. I cleaned two large windows and back was telling me about it. Nap with heating pad was mandatory this afternoon....but all is good

2 tops and black pants for work, black plaid scarf for Halloween Minion costume, yarn to knit. I am also buying food that if I need to eat out of cans..... just in case.

Tomorrow not as much on list. Groceries then turkey lasagna with spinach/ricotta cheese. Tonights dinner will be a surprise as I have no idea.

Welcome to the west coast Lana - our skies are smoky - controlled fire in the mountains got out of hand. Just rolling my eyes. Hope your flight went well.

Not sure if I will stop by again before lights out. Romance novel curled up with Miss T is too tempting.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Runa- so sorry about your friend and your Dad. I feel like, every time I turn around, someone is passing away. I know it happens. Just seems more frequent, lately. Be safe on your travels. Hugs

Sara- be safe

Lana- hugs

Well, this week has been so crazy. Today, just topped it all. Work was..I don't know what to say... chaos and sadness... then, I find out from my Mom, Gma went in for a biopsy a couple weeks ago... they diagnosed her with Myeloma, a form of bone cancer... they have to do a PET scan to find out where else it is in her body. Myeloma doesn't start in the bones. They can't do anything until they get approval from insurance... could be up to 14 days... she has had chronic pain in her toe and leg for years, that they could never give a good diagnoses..I really don't know what to think..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn, sorry to hear you are having to watch and wait with your gma- insurances are diagnosis driven and if your gma does not have the right diagnosis things can move slowly. It feels very personal but it is $$$ more than anything else. Hope the tests she took will make some gears turn.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Quieter day today, groceries then home. Spinach in lasagna (I bought fresh) not happening, dont have a clean pot. Can still make lasagna and I like cooked spinach alone anyway...... Empty dishwasher/empty sink on list today as well.

Neighbor and his rotten schedule woke me up again at almost midnight - dont say it, complaining is pointless with this one.

Cleaned windows - well overdue. I will see if I can get maintenance man to stop by and look at something.

Otherwise looking for a quiet nap day with dog.

Wave to all who follow. Drink water and get those steps in.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Dawn, sorry to hear you are having to watch and wait with your gma- insurances are diagnosis driven and if your gma does not have the right diagnosis things can move slowly. It feels very personal but it is $$$ more than anything else. Hope the tests she took will make some gears turn.

The waiting is the worst. I can only hope it doesn't take too long... especially, if they're not even starting meds, yet... i'm sure this is normal.. just frustrating
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Scale up 0.2 which if you saw my week and some of my eating, is a victory.

My Lasagna has more ricotta cheese than turkey, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Just may mean smaller portions.

QOTD: What are your goals this week?

AOTD: Slow down at work to lessen my work stress. Make sure to drink more water and get my steps in.

Lana - hope your trip went well and your visit with your sister is going well.

Conversation w/ father over the weekend is that the smoky autumns may be a permanent thing..... lovely. Too much urbanization - all about $$$$.

oops too early for this. Move away from subject. >:)

Hope to lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Just got caught up. So much stress going on - I will send my well wishes to all in a group - may hubbies, friends, Dad's Gramma's and all others find the answers needed and find healing.
    Dawn - I know this subject is old, but regarding your walking in the park- this information is for all! Get yourself some pepper or bear spray. Don't be afraid to use it. Know the spots, just in case. Stomping on a foot, punching a nose, punching between the legs and/or punching a throat - most effective areas to do damage and cause pain. took a short personal safety course - #1 thing they said - trust your gut! Your mind recognizing unsafe things way before we "see" them and recognize them consciously.
    Anyway....
    GOTW - increase water, decrease coffee and enjoy our Wisconsin fall weather outside!
    Waves to all - Sara, Lana, Skinny, Nikki, French, Runa, kathryn, Missy, Suzu, Tracy and welcome Bonnie.
    If I missed anyone who has been on here lately - I apologize. I find I have been able to lurk less - have to change that :smile:
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Hey all,

Sorry I'm a floating lurker at the moment. The weather is horrible here at the moment and is taking me down with it. Not helped by being Monday.

So much going on here that I have very little time for anything extra, Daughter is panicking about her exams and they don't even start until May, hubby is stressing over his health, work is driving me insane, and my best friend has just chosen to confess to me that she's been 'seeing' a mutual friend of ours behind her husband's back because she's miserably unhappy but can't bear to leave because of their children. I have no answers for her other than, t's not going to end well but that wasn't the right thing to say apparently so now she's angry with me too. Her husband is a good friend as well so I feel like I'm stuck in the middle. People!

Sorry, shouldn't just rant and run but still trying to work, at almost 6pm and can't seem to think straight.

I hope everyone is okay and I'll try to be more sane next time I post!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Just got caught up. So much stress going on - I will send my well wishes to all in a group - may hubbies, friends, Dad's Gramma's and all others find the answers needed and find healing.
    Dawn - I know this subject is old, but regarding your walking in the park- this information is for all! Get yourself some pepper or bear spray. Don't be afraid to use it. Know the spots, just in case. Stomping on a foot, punching a nose, punching between the legs and/or punching a throat - most effective areas to do damage and cause pain. took a short personal safety course - #1 thing they said - trust your gut! Your mind recognizing unsafe things way before we "see" them and recognize them consciously.
    Anyway....
    GOTW - increase water, decrease coffee and enjoy our Wisconsin fall weather outside!
    Waves to all - Sara, Lana, Skinny, Nikki, French, Runa, kathryn, Missy, Suzu, Tracy and welcome Bonnie.
    If I missed anyone who has been on here lately - I apologize. I find I have been able to lurk less - have to change that :smile:
    Lynn

Thank you! I actually was gifted a small taser, a couple years ago... then, we moved...I really should try to find it.. in my mind, day time is a safe time... guess that's not always true... really sad... even in a small town, never truly safe..

Hugs to you.. hope your week gets better
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Stopping in again to look around~~

My sister took me to her YMCA today, so I go a workout in their gorgeous outdoor pool!

Nikki - what a drag about your friend who is now mad at you because she's got too many balls in the air, as it were.... Now you are saddled with this knowledge. Oy!

Waving to the rest of all you ladies....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Lana - I was just wondering if YMCA still existed.... mild enough weather in bay area for it. Can you go every day?

Niki - sometimes I wonder when someone confides in me with something so burdensome - it is meant to share the burden? Isnt that what confession was all about in the day? My 2 cents- stay away from the people involved as much as you can - so you are no more burdened. Things are usually not as secret as people think and it may unravel itself all by itself. Hang in there - tough one.

I get to learn more stuff at work today - stopped a headache yesterday - may also have to do so today. Lady is nice but a mental /verbal roller coaster. Taking Lasagna to coworkers and herb tea to a quiet one who has the flu. We have it early this year and our company flu shots are next week (they wait until the last possible day to remain complaint..... :p:s ).

Causal week at work to celebrate our department, so athletic shoes this week. Yipee.

Have training until lunch - so lurking afterwards?? We shall see.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Niki - one more thought on my way to work- can you use your new horses as an "out" from seeing these people? I would love to go/see/do, but I need to take care of my new horses???