Calorie Counter

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The most polarizing food: where do you stand?

1272830323338

Replies

  • acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 5,077 Member Member Posts: 5,077 Member
    How do people feel abou marmite?
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Member Posts: 3,784 Member Member Posts: 3,784 Member
    I can see how you might like marmite. I had it once. I’m good, thanks.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 6,553 Member Member Posts: 6,553 Member
    bsqqu5h9p9l1.png
    ...it seems
  • CSARdiverCSARdiver Member Posts: 6,279 Member Member Posts: 6,279 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    bsqqu5h9p9l1.png
    ...it seems

    Blasphemy on a plate.
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Member Posts: 3,784 Member Member Posts: 3,784 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    bsqqu5h9p9l1.png
    ...it seems
    I absolutely love it! Have about a tablespoon a year. Looking forward to this years tablespoon very soon!
  • JelaanJelaan Member Posts: 707 Member Member Posts: 707 Member
    I love marmite. I one reason people may dislike it the first time that they try it, is because they use too much. You just need the thinnest smear - most delicious on hot toast and butter. If you spread it on thickly it can be very overwhelming.
  • CoffeeNBoozeCoffeeNBooze Member Posts: 991 Member Member Posts: 991 Member
    Idk how anyone can hate loft house cookies. gtfo
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 6,553 Member Member Posts: 6,553 Member
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    bsqqu5h9p9l1.png
    ...it seems

    Blasphemy on a plate.
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    bsqqu5h9p9l1.png
    ...it seems
    I absolutely love it! Have about a tablespoon a year. Looking forward to this years tablespoon very soon!

    and there you have it...I rest my case :D
  • geraldaltmangeraldaltman Member, Premium Posts: 1,741 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,741 Member
    My "polarizing" food is cheese! I detest it in any way, shape, form, type, kind style or preparation. No, I am not lactose intolerant. I just hate the stuff. It somehow started in my childhood and I've never gotten over it and won't. If I was related to Dr. Seuss, I'd have written a "Green Eggs And Ham Verse" on cheese! Yuckity yuck yuck yuck!!!!!
  • Safari_Gal_Safari_Gal_ Member, Premium Posts: 630 Member Member, Premium Posts: 630 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    How do people feel abou marmite?

    @acpgee - I’m kinda marmite neutral. I didn’t mind the taste - but it’s not something I would go out of my way to eat. My neighbors when I lived in the UK - always said you either love it or hate it!
    I’m still kinda in the middle ... but I’m also a haggis lover so I’m a the odd fellow typically :)
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    bsqqu5h9p9l1.png
    ...it seems

    @papyrus3 - I grew up on those cranberry logs! Then I found real cranberries and wondered - why the heck had I never had them before! Long lost little friends!
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    bsqqu5h9p9l1.png
    ...it seems

    Blasphemy on a plate.

    @CSARdiver - LOL! I couldn’t have said it better. Haha
    What he said!

  • acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 5,077 Member Member Posts: 5,077 Member
    My "polarizing" food is cheese! I detest it in any way, shape, form, type, kind style or preparation. No, I am not lactose intolerant. I just hate the stuff. It somehow started in my childhood and I've never gotten over it and won't. If I was related to Dr. Seuss, I'd have written a "Green Eggs And Ham Verse" on cheese! Yuckity yuck yuck yuck!!!!!

    Cheese hating is pretty common in China. Drinking milk of other mammals is already considered somewhat perverse. Letting it rot to make cheese is commonly considered just gross. Parents tell Chinese children that if they want to stay up late, they will have to eat cheese with the grown ups to get them to go to bed.
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Member Posts: 3,784 Member Member Posts: 3,784 Member
    4zfectaq7118.png

    I understand disagreeing with an opinion, but it’s a fact! Do you disagree that 2+2=4?
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 5,420 Member Member Posts: 5,420 Member
    4zfectaq7118.png

    I understand disagreeing with an opinion, but it’s a fact! Do you disagree that 2+2=4?

    In these food topics, it seems like "disagree" (or WOO!) often means "my opinion is different from yours" rather than "I disagree that you have that opinion."

    Seems silly, but that's how I explain all the woos I got on my view that peanut butter is overrated. ;-)

    Anyway, I agree on the canned cranberry stuff. I try to do all kinds of creative things with actual cranberries beginning around this time of the year and usually make some kind of cranberry sauce with them (or incorporate them into a dessert or stuffing), but someone always brings the canned stuff and I enjoy having a little of that too, although I never have had it other than on Thanksgiving.
  • CSARdiverCSARdiver Member Posts: 6,279 Member Member Posts: 6,279 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    4zfectaq7118.png

    I understand disagreeing with an opinion, but it’s a fact! Do you disagree that 2+2=4?

    In these food topics, it seems like "disagree" (or WOO!) often means "my opinion is different from yours" rather than "I disagree that you have that opinion."

    Seems silly, but that's how I explain all the woos I got on my view that peanut butter is overrated. ;-)

    Anyway, I agree on the canned cranberry stuff. I try to do all kinds of creative things with actual cranberries beginning around this time of the year and usually make some kind of cranberry sauce with them (or incorporate them into a dessert or stuffing), but someone always brings the canned stuff and I enjoy having a little of that too, although I never have had it other than on Thanksgiving.

    This is one thing I didn't recognize until preparing Thanksgiving dinner and making cranberry sauce from scratch. It remains one of those just oddbal things that we do - make everything else in a traditional manner, but set a gelatinous mass on a special dish - slice it and serve it. The fact that people have a special dish for this is awesomely hilarious.
  • geraldaltmangeraldaltman Member, Premium Posts: 1,741 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,741 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    My "polarizing" food is cheese! I detest it in any way, shape, form, type, kind style or preparation. No, I am not lactose intolerant. I just hate the stuff. It somehow started in my childhood and I've never gotten over it and won't. If I was related to Dr. Seuss, I'd have written a "Green Eggs And Ham Verse" on cheese! Yuckity yuck yuck yuck!!!!!

    You realize, of course, that Sam I Am did indeed like green eggs and ham when he finaly relented to try them.

    Trying them is where Sam I Am and I will forever part company.
  • geraldaltmangeraldaltman Member, Premium Posts: 1,741 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,741 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    My "polarizing" food is cheese! I detest it in any way, shape, form, type, kind style or preparation. No, I am not lactose intolerant. I just hate the stuff. It somehow started in my childhood and I've never gotten over it and won't. If I was related to Dr. Seuss, I'd have written a "Green Eggs And Ham Verse" on cheese! Yuckity yuck yuck yuck!!!!!

    Cheese hating is pretty common in China. Drinking milk of other mammals is already considered somewhat perverse. Letting it rot to make cheese is commonly considered just gross. Parents tell Chinese children that if they want to stay up late, they will have to eat cheese with the grown ups to get them to go to bed.

    I did not know this. Could explain why I love chinese food so much 😂
  • paperpuddingpaperpudding Member Posts: 5,833 Member Member Posts: 5,833 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    4zfectaq7118.png

    I understand disagreeing with an opinion, but it’s a fact! Do you disagree that 2+2=4?

    In these food topics, it seems like "disagree" (or WOO!) often means "my opinion is different from yours" rather than "I disagree that you have that opinion."

    Seems silly, but that's how I explain all the woos I got on my view that peanut butter is overrated. ;-)

    Anyway, I agree on the canned cranberry stuff. I try to do all kinds of creative things with actual cranberries beginning around this time of the year and usually make some kind of cranberry sauce with them (or incorporate them into a dessert or stuffing), but someone always brings the canned stuff and I enjoy having a little of that too, although I never have had it other than on Thanksgiving.


    Yes, just a variant of disagree.

    I've said, for example, that I don't like cucumber and somebody disagreed.

    I'm sure they meant they disagreed with my view about cucumber and they do like it. Fair enough

    I'm sure they didn't mean that paperpudding actually does like cucumber in spite of me saying I don't.
  • Carlos_421Carlos_421 Member Posts: 5,083 Member Member Posts: 5,083 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    4zfectaq7118.png

    I understand disagreeing with an opinion, but it’s a fact! Do you disagree that 2+2=4?

    In these food topics, it seems like "disagree" (or WOO!) often means "my opinion is different from yours" rather than "I disagree that you have that opinion."

    Seems silly, but that's how I explain all the woos I got on my view that peanut butter is overrated. ;-)

    Anyway, I agree on the canned cranberry stuff. I try to do all kinds of creative things with actual cranberries beginning around this time of the year and usually make some kind of cranberry sauce with them (or incorporate them into a dessert or stuffing), but someone always brings the canned stuff and I enjoy having a little of that too, although I never have had it other than on Thanksgiving.


    Yes, just a variant of disagree.

    I've said, for example, that I don't like cucumber and somebody disagreed.

    I'm sure they meant they disagreed with my view about cucumber and they do like it. Fair enough

    I'm sure they didn't mean that paperpudding actually does like cucumber in spite of me saying I don't.

    You two need to stop it with this sound logic bologna.

    Bologna, there's a food for ya. Fried, it's good.
Sign In or Register to comment.