Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The most polarizing food: where do you stand?

1151617181921»

Replies

  • bmeadows380bmeadows380 Posts: 1,179Member Member Posts: 1,179Member Member

    Yeah.. I'm Australian too, yes there are Americanised cafes serving it in the last couple years.. we have many American influences popping up but I'm betting though as a kid you'd never have seen that combo or even thought of it..
    I'm just saying I'll have my eggs, bacon and toast sans syrup thanks 😁

    Oh and caramelized banana and ice cream.. yes please 🤤

    I just made buttermilk pancakes this morning topped with maple syrup and bananas. I don't put sugar in my pancakes, though, so perhaps what I'm making is more technically flatbread? I usually like my pancakes with butter too, but since I'm trying to keep the calories in check today, I skipped that. Pancakes with strawberry jam, apple butter or plum butter are a nice switch up, too!

    Though the carmelized banana and ice cream sounds divine!
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Posts: 218,222Member, Premium Member Posts: 218,222Member, Premium Member

    Yeah.. I'm Australian too, yes there are Americanised cafes serving it in the last couple years.. we have many American influences popping up but I'm betting though as a kid you'd never have seen that combo or even thought of it..
    I'm just saying I'll have my eggs, bacon and toast sans syrup thanks 😁

    Oh and caramelized banana and ice cream.. yes please 🤤

    I just made buttermilk pancakes this morning topped with maple syrup and bananas. I don't put sugar in my pancakes, though, so perhaps what I'm making is more technically flatbread? I usually like my pancakes with butter too, but since I'm trying to keep the calories in check today, I skipped that. Pancakes with strawberry jam, apple butter or plum butter are a nice switch up, too!

    Though the carmelized banana and ice cream sounds divine!

    Yummm.. strawberry jam is good too.
    I'd try maple syrup and banana.
    Yeah, the calories suck in them. I save eating mine till a treat day, there's just under 800 cals in mine, I cook them in a bit of butter too :#
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Posts: 975Member Member Posts: 975Member Member
    20h6qqugqslz.png

    thoughts/opinions? yes/no? curious.
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Posts: 1,000Member Member Posts: 1,000Member Member
    20h6qqugqslz.png

    thoughts/opinions? yes/no? curious.

    Hells no.
  • ExistingFishExistingFish Posts: 841Member Member Posts: 841Member Member
    I think that brand may go by a different name here, but hose cookies are strictly school party fare. I love cookies, but those are too “kid-friendly” for my tastes. The ones at my grocery store are usually peanut and treenut free though, which is why they make an excellent class party treat.

    I think this is why I've seen quite a few of these, nut allergen friendly.

    I don't land one particular way on the matter, I'll have one if they are available, they aren't my preference but I don't find them gross either.
  • SueSueDioSueSueDio Posts: 4,791Member Member Posts: 4,791Member Member
    20h6qqugqslz.png

    thoughts/opinions? yes/no? curious.

    Is this a real thing?

    If so, just... why? Why would anyone think that was a good thing to make?
  • noobootsnooboots Posts: 479Member Member Posts: 479Member Member
    20h6qqugqslz.png

    thoughts/opinions? yes/no? curious.

    It must be breaking several bylaws and international treatise. Its a no from me.
  • glassyoglassyo Posts: 3,835Member Member Posts: 3,835Member Member
    20h6qqugqslz.png

    thoughts/opinions? yes/no? curious.

    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 11,576Member Member Posts: 11,576Member Member
    Apparently the mustard ice cream is real, a special thing for National Mustard Day. If it were in front of me, I'd be interested in trying it. It doesn't sound good, but I'm open minded. ;)
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Posts: 14,269Member Member Posts: 14,269Member Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Apparently the mustard ice cream is real, a special thing for National Mustard Day. If it were in front of me, I'd be interested in trying it. It doesn't sound good, but I'm open minded. ;)

    yeah, just a lil' sample taste would be enough, you know.... one of those tiny, white, plastic spoons
  • SueSueDioSueSueDio Posts: 4,791Member Member Posts: 4,791Member Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Apparently the mustard ice cream is real, a special thing for National Mustard Day. If it were in front of me, I'd be interested in trying it. It doesn't sound good, but I'm open minded. ;)

    yeah, just a lil' sample taste would be enough, you know.... one of those tiny, white, plastic spoons

    Maybe... just to confirm that it really IS as disgusting as it sounds... ;) I wouldn't pay money for it though!
  • widgit808widgit808 Posts: 123Member, Premium Member Posts: 123Member, Premium Member
    JenSD6 wrote: »
    htimpaired wrote: »
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    I always have ketchup on hot dogs! Or chicken dogs as the case may be these days. And I eat marshmallows almost every night. :(

    The lofthouse cookies aren't worth the calories and the icing sucks so the one time I bought some, I just ended up eating around the outside edge of the cookies and threw the part with any icing away.

    And scrambled eggs - ketchup is awesome. Maybe it would make the cookies in the OP a bit better too? :D

    Ketchup on eggs is great. But gotta love ketchup on mac and cheese.

    You need steak sauce on eggs, way better than ketchup! And Tabasco sauce goes on mac and cheese.

    In my life Tabasco goes on every savory dish or snack i eat
  • ceiswynceiswyn Posts: 1,885Member Member Posts: 1,885Member Member
    widgit808 wrote: »
    JenSD6 wrote: »
    htimpaired wrote: »
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    I always have ketchup on hot dogs! Or chicken dogs as the case may be these days. And I eat marshmallows almost every night. :(

    The lofthouse cookies aren't worth the calories and the icing sucks so the one time I bought some, I just ended up eating around the outside edge of the cookies and threw the part with any icing away.

    And scrambled eggs - ketchup is awesome. Maybe it would make the cookies in the OP a bit better too? :D

    Ketchup on eggs is great. But gotta love ketchup on mac and cheese.

    You need steak sauce on eggs, way better than ketchup! And Tabasco sauce goes on mac and cheese.

    In my life Tabasco goes on every savory dish or snack i eat

    While I hear what you're saying, I find that horseradish sauce goes with literally everything.

    (And after I had almost-certainly-whooping-cough a few years back, I couldn't eat ANY condiments for six weeks because they all provoked coughing fits that closed my throat. That was a terrible, bland time in my life)
    edited August 6
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Posts: 975Member Member Posts: 975Member Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Apparently the mustard ice cream is real, a special thing for National Mustard Day. If it were in front of me, I'd be interested in trying it. It doesn't sound good, but I'm open minded. ;)

    yeah, just a lil' sample taste would be enough, you know.... one of those tiny, white, plastic spoons

    Maybe... just to confirm that it really IS as disgusting as it sounds... ;) I wouldn't pay money for it though!

    I actually don't think it sounds that bad... call me crazy??! but I think it makes sense... I mean, mustard is actually sweet-ish.
  • SueSueDioSueSueDio Posts: 4,791Member Member Posts: 4,791Member Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Apparently the mustard ice cream is real, a special thing for National Mustard Day. If it were in front of me, I'd be interested in trying it. It doesn't sound good, but I'm open minded. ;)

    yeah, just a lil' sample taste would be enough, you know.... one of those tiny, white, plastic spoons

    Maybe... just to confirm that it really IS as disgusting as it sounds... ;) I wouldn't pay money for it though!

    I actually don't think it sounds that bad... call me crazy??! but I think it makes sense... I mean, mustard is actually sweet-ish.

    If you insist...! ;)


    bn4mu5cieisf.png
Sign In or Register to comment.