Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

The most polarizing food: where do you stand?

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    IDGAF how well you have to cook the meat. Still gross AF knowing that that piece of meat or any food can give you tapeworms or make you sick. @nooshi713 I don’t blame you.

Agreed. It is not even tasty though. I value my health and won’t eat that crap.

Not... even... tasty????????? BACON... RIBS.... I... I... I....

Yuck.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    xaxtyx2w62nj.png

• corinasue1143
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE COOKIES! With rare exception. These are definitely an exception. And frosted peppernuts. They should be homemade, tiny, and not frosted!
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    dodea48 wrote: »
    I HATE those Lofthouse sugar cookies. They look like they might be good, guilty pleasure type of sugary sweets...but they are VILE! :#

Why do I feel like people aren't responding here because they have not tried this horrible trick of a cookie?

I don't think I've ever seen that particular brand. But I'm suspicious of any product that thinks "soft" is a plus for a cookie. I imagine they're all cake-y and bend-y. No snap. No crunch. Blech.

few things are good when soft --- "A hard man is good to find" Mae West

😂 random much.
  • corinasue1143
    I agree crisp is better. That’s why I could never really love cake mix cookies. But I LOVED those cookies made with a can of eagle brand milk, a big glob of peanut butter and 2 cups of bisquick! Lol Still remember the recipe after all these years!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    This thread started as a lighthearted discussion/debate over a cookie and somehow managed to morph into an attack on pork, slamming it as poison and accusing it of causing tapeworms.

I blame rhubarb.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »
    This thread started as a lighthearted discussion/debate over a cookie and somehow managed to morph into an attack on pork, slamming it as poison and accusing it of causing tapeworms.

Welcome to the internet. Is it your first day here? :D

;-)
  • vanityy99
    edited September 2019
  • vanityy99
    rednote49 wrote: »
    I absolutely hate, detest, loathe, despise American cheese. Like it truly tastes like plastic. Don't even get me started on nachos. Like what even is that gloppy, horrific melted thing even called? Because it is certainly not cheese.

Nachos are overrated.
    Usually made dry AF and only the first layer has anything on it.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member

That's just life, though, right?
    One minute it's all frosting and sprinkles, and the next minute you've got tapeworms.

I tried to bring it back with a satirical attack on rhubarb, but unfortunately it backfired, lol.

Satire is often underappreciated <nods>.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »

That's just life, though, right?
    One minute it's all frosting and sprinkles, and the next minute you've got tapeworms.

I tried to bring it back with a satirical attack on rhubarb, but unfortunately it backfired, lol.

Satire is often underappreciated <nods>.

It is definitely a difficult art that many (including myself) attempt but don't always succeed. Even our glorious sensei The Onion falls victim to being taken seriously.