Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

The most polarizing food: where do you stand?

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,169 Member
    Salmon - Bleh
    Avocado - nah
    Coffee - healthy and good for us.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Salmon - Bleh
    Avocado - nah

My mom is not a fan of avocado either. I made her gag a little once when I told her I like my avocados ultra ripe, like 24-hours from going bad, and just to eat, not just in guac.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Salmon - Bleh
    Avocado - nah

Salmon - take or leave; don't mind
    Avocado - bleh (and I don't even like guacamole, either!)
    Coffee - I agree, along with black tea!

Chocolate - vital for long term health and sanity lol
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Salmon - Bleh
    Avocado - nah

Salmon: twice a week, more if possible
    Avocado: anytime of the day or night
    Coffee: twice a day, black, Splenda/Stevia no milk or cream
    Tea: only green tea and once in awhile.
  • RelCanonical
    edited September 2019
    NovusDies wrote: »
    This thread started as a lighthearted discussion/debate over a cookie and somehow managed to morph into an attack on pork, slamming it as poison and accusing it of causing tapeworms.

That's just life, though, right?
    One minute it's all frosting and sprinkles, and the next minute you've got tapeworms.

I tried to bring it back with a satirical attack on rhubarb, but unfortunately it backfired, lol.

The Rhubarb Cabal will always shut down any attack no matter how satirical. You are fortunate they are not force feeding you pork right now to permanently silence you.

It's been a while since I've been excited over a new vocabulary word (and that word is Cabal).

As long as it is falling-off-the-bone babyback ribs, I happily accept my fate as Homer accepts donuts in Treehouse of Horror IV (I think that's the episode, don't quote me on that).
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    This thread started as a lighthearted discussion/debate over a cookie and somehow managed to morph into an attack on pork, slamming it as poison and accusing it of causing tapeworms.

One minute it's all frosting and sprinkles, and the next minute you've got tapeworms.

I tried to bring it back with a satirical attack on rhubarb, but unfortunately it backfired, lol.

The Rhubarb Cabal will always shut down any attack no matter how satirical. You are fortunate they are not force feeding you pork right now to permanently silence you.

It's been a while since I've been excited over a new vocabulary word (and that word is Cabal).

As long as it is falling-off-the-bone babyback ribs, I happily accept my fate as Homer accepts donuts in Treehouse of Horror IV (I think that's the episode, don't quote me on that).

I quoted you.

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Salmon - Bleh
    Avocado - nah

Salmon: twice a week, more if possible
    Avocado: anytime of the day or night
    Coffee: twice a day, black, Splenda/Stevia no milk or cream
    Tea: only green tea and once in awhile.

Salmon - only raw or smoked
    Avocado can bear my children
    Coffee - must be black or mocha
    Tea - oolong, green, black, mint, fruit, basically I am a tea *kitten* but oolong tops my list.
  • RelCanonical

I quoted you.

And I, you, dear sir.
  • bmeadows380
    Salmon - only raw or smoked
    Avocado can bear my children
    Coffee - must be black or mocha
    Tea - oolong, green, black, mint, fruit, basically I am a tea *kitten* but oolong tops my list.

Here's what's funny for me: I like my coffee light and about half coffee half milk. I go for breakfast blends and mild brews.

However, I want my black tea dark, and the longer its steeped the better. Twining's Irish Breakfast is my favorite!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited September 2019
    Had a fun argument with a coworker about Krispy Kreme doughnuts today and it reminded me of this thread.

Her: They're impossible to pass up, so good yummy.

Me: Meh. I'd take even a stale Entenmann's boxed doughnut over KK.

Her: :astonished:
  • bmeadows380
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Had a fun argument with a coworker about Krispy Kreme doughnuts today and it reminded me of this thread.

*laughs* My pastor thinks that Krispy Kreme is the next best thing to manna from heaven.

I stopped at a Krispy Kreme donut shop last weekend to see what all the hype was about, and all I could think was meh - so so. I've had much better donuts from Sheetz convenience stores and I'll take a stale Dunkin's over a Krispy Creme any day!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,983 Member
    There is a Krispy Kreme next to my work place.

Quite fond of a weekly treat of chocolate donut. :)
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »

*laughs* My pastor thinks that Krispy Kreme is the next best thing to manna from heaven.

I stopped at a Krispy Kreme donut shop last weekend to see what all the hype was about, and all I could think was meh - so so. I've had much better donuts from Sheetz convenience stores and I'll take a stale Dunkin's over a Krispy Creme any day!
    Krispy Kreme has gone downhill. I used to be able to eat them until I collapsed. Now I can actually stop at four. Quality control these days yaknow? :(
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    rednote49 wrote: »
    And I am pro pig. Ham, bacon, sausage, ribs, tail. Head to feet I'll eat. Like do you even know how yummy pigtails are? Heck I'll eat the oink if I can find a good recipe.

My great grandmother used to pickle pigs feet with various spices tossed in, and I remember I couldn't get enough of them. I've never been able to find anything close since (long time ago) and have given up.

Ham - take it or leave. The rest though, yes please.
  • bmeadows380
    rednote49 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    There are very diverse things that are all called "nachos", from the salty bits of yellow fiberboard you get at the ballgame or theater with orange mystery goo and jalapeno slices on them, to well-crafted tortilla chips with many delicious actual-food toppings, from veggies to meats to cheese.

They may all be nachos, but they aren't all the same.

Welp something was definitely lost in translation. Because when some of the American brands came into my country and introduced the Americanisms: ginormous drinks, portion sizes and the nasty thing called American cheese. That hideously neon colored thing pumped over tortilla chips aren't yall best export.

you can find recipes online for making your own nacho cheese with cheddar. Just look for cheese sauce recipes.

But yeah, there's a world of difference between good quality restaurant nachos and those things you get at the local gas station.......