Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

The most polarizing food: where do you stand?

Options

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Mmm ❤️ honey mustard. I’d try that!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    🤢 bleh - I hereby bequeath my portions to anyone who likes these.

if you're talking about the lofthouse cookies, then good - I'll take 'em!
  • Annabobanna1985
    Annabobanna1985 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just like most yummy sugary things, taste is good but wreaks havoc on my no longer 15 year old body :P
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Pork. Absolutely disgusting and unhealthy. I don’t care what anyone says. I work in healthcare and see people regularly with cysticercosis and rarely with tapeworms. It smells awful and is a horrible food. Poison even.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Just like most yummy sugary things, taste is good but wreaks havoc on my no longer 15 year old body :P

LOL. The ingredients:

Sugar, Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Margarine (Palm Oil, Water, Soybean Oil, Salt, Contains 2% or less of: Mono- & Diglycerides, Calcium Disodium EDTA [Preservative], Artificial Flavor, Annatto [Color], Vitamin A Palmitate), Eggs, Contains 2% or less of: Water, Corn Starch, Vegetable Oil (Palm Kernel Oil and/or Palm Oil and/or Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil [Cottonseed and/or Soybean Oil]), Dextrin, Skim Milk, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Aluminum Sulfate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Soy Lecithin (Emulsifier),Confectioner's Glaze (Lac Resin), Food Starch-Modified, Colors (Carmine [Color], Blue 1, Blue 1 Lake, Blue 2, Blue 2 Lake, Red 3, Red 40, Red 40 Lake, Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake), Polysorbate 60, Carnauba Wax, Sodium Propionate (Preservative).
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Pork. Absolutely disgusting and unhealthy. I don’t care what anyone says. I work in healthcare and see people regularly with cysticercosis and rarely with tapeworms. It smells awful and is a horrible food. Poison even.

Woo.

WOO
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    IDGAF how well you have to cook the meat. Still gross AF knowing that that piece of meat or any food can give you tapeworms or make you sick. @nooshi713 I don’t blame you.
  • nooshi713
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    IDGAF how well you have to cook the meat. Still gross AF knowing that that piece of meat or any food can give you tapeworms or make you sick. @nooshi713 I don’t blame you.

Agreed. It is not even tasty though. I value my health and won’t eat that crap.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

But what is your opinion on Rhubarb? Additionally, do you think breatharians are actually rhubarb in disguise?
  • nooshi713
    Options

But what is your opinion on Rhubarb? Do you think breatharians are actually rhubarb in disguise?

I have no idea what you are talking about. I haven’t tried rhubarb. No food is as toxic as pork though. I stand by that.
  • pancakerunner
    Options

But what is your opinion on Rhubarb? Do you think breatharians are actually rhubarb in disguise?

I have no idea what you are talking about. I haven’t tried rhubarb. No food is as toxic as pork though. I stand by that.

good vibes only
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Also sticking up for pork:

BACON

SPAM could be considered poison... seeing as the idea is disgusting. Fresh pork = yum
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Speaking of Spam. I just bought bologna in a can last week. Curiosity. At the store, I picked it up, set it down and walked away. I came back, looked again, set it down and walked away. Third time, I just put it in my cart. Now I’m a little afraid to try it. Whaddaya think?
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Speaking of Spam. I just bought bologna in a can last week. Curiosity. At the store, I picked it up, set it down and walked away. I came back, looked again, set it down and walked away. Third time, I just put it in my cart. Now I’m a little afraid to try it. Whaddaya think?

no