What's on your mind?

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I think that maybe I'm in a dark place contemplating things that aren't the best mentally or physically. I can't escape this cycle. Been trying for years.

Currently, it's looking at very pretty, thin girls/women and wishing I were thin like they were. To be able to fit into all the clothes I see (and can't wear) and actually have it look nice.

I struggle with this same train of thought everyday. I was watching I feel pretty and wished I had a fraction of the confidence the character displays. I hate my body. I can’t take a picture unless I have liquor courage and even then I regret it being out there because of how horrible I look. The only thing that has helped me a bit is the nice people here on mfp. I post pics once in a while when I get courage and I feel a little ok. sending you a virtual hug.

That's great that you find inspiration and support here. I can't say the same for myself, buuuuut.. I usually only post on this forum and no longer (or rarely) ever post a photo of myself. For obvious reasons.

I mostly would like to feel cute/dainty for once in my life and not hate my appearance. It just becomes more and more obvious that the older I get, all anyone really cares about is your appearance. It's still how you are valued and graded in the world, even as an adult... and I hate it.

But I'm still here, logging away and I do try to walk 5 times a week for 75 minutes or so, so that's a start and better for my health than what I was doing. I just doubt that I'll ever be "cute" or "dainty".
    I think that maybe I'm in a dark place contemplating things that aren't the best mentally or physically. I can't escape this cycle. Been trying for years.

Currently, it's looking at very pretty, thin girls/women and wishing I were thin like they were. To be able to fit into all the clothes I see (and can't wear) and actually have it look nice.

I *kitten* hate when I get like that.

I will never look lithe and chic in a pair of white linen trousers walking on the beach
    tinak33 wrote: »

I *kitten* hate when I get like that.

I will never look lithe and chic in a pair of white linen trousers walking on the beach

Same. ❤
    I will never look lithe and chic in ANYTHING. 🤷‍♀️

Y'all are probably closer to it than I ever will be. Not sure "white linen trousers" was what I had in mind, though. :lol:

It’s a weird little fantasy of mine - to not have my *kitten* be the first thing people notice.

I'm sure my *kitten* is the first thing notice now that I haven't dyed my hair in ages. :lol: That or my gut that makes me look like a perma-pregnant person. Ugh.

I'd be happy to look cute in a crop top and some super cute box/ribbon pants (you know, the ones with the big bow on the front?). And some cute heels (nothing extreme.. I gotta walk places, after all).
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    People who get six chickens and a tomato plant and think they’re homesteading
  • ZenDream
    ZenDream Posts: 208 Member
    So I take it "kitten" can be anything that is not normally found in Meriam Webster's little book?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    I've been jamming to this song all day, love this freaking song... They just don't make music like they use to kids...

This Dude is *kitten* bad *kitten*, damn this guy can sing... And the cheesy smile he gives between lines 😎...

What the hell happened to music 🤷🏽‍♂️...

https://youtu.be/zGwH3q8KjrY
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,857 Member
    Is this sleep thing really all that important? 🤔
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

Yes.. go to bed :p
  • PaperDoll_

Yes.. go to bed :p

But mom.. 😒
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

It's one big hoax too 🙄

I mean more people die every year while sleeping then awake I'm sure of it 🙄

It's only necessary for like elderly and people with preexisting conditions 🙄...

We should keep everything running 24/7

• PaperDoll_

It's one big hoax too 🙄

I mean more people die every year while sleeping then awake I'm sure of it 🙄

It's only necessary for like elderly and people with preexisting conditions 🙄...

We should keep everything running 24/7

You could be on to something here. 🤔 I’d hate to end up just another statistic.

• jjsavoh
    jjsavoh Posts: 135 Member
    People that watch stuff like Criminal Minds, Person of Interest, NCIS, etc while working on improving themselves

Tell me why
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    u0731nnbnlgj.png

aslfkivye36x.png

3qfds7q5nak0.png

eacbo4owatdx.png

2kjcy9m7f48e.png

i11vr8792mxi.png

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member

Dis me
  • TwitchyMacGee

Dis me

You are not a homesteader and have never pretended to be one.

I think i was just tired & cranky last night because I can’t afford to fix the barn and gravity hydrant and I think the pond is leaking and I had to buy a new timer for the well and

Yeah. I’m still cranky
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member

Dis me

You are not a homesteader and have never pretended to be one.

I think i was just tired & cranky last night because I can’t afford to fix the barn and gravity hydrant and I think the pond is leaking and I had to buy a new timer for the well and

Yeah. I’m still cranky

Awww..... wish I could help.... but I don't know how to do "outside" things... 😬🤣🤣
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Bruh😫
    My mom is so obsessed with my dad it doesn’t even matter what us kids do for Mother’s Day...we can make her breakfast, lunch and dinner, buy her Gucci and LV...but all she’s happy with is my dad taking initiative to sweep the floor.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,890 Member
    This was so bizzare, I wonder what happened to this person? Weirdest ending to a bike ride ever.

x1548xt7k3d7.jpg
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    bszb109zwj1p.jpeg

this is mine
  • TwitchyMacGee
    It’s funny how much of this forum has become grayed out lately.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    It’s funny how much of this forum has become grayed out lately.

Can you define "grayed out"?