What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    k8eekins wrote: »
    "Singles hangout" appears to be setback 12 hours. A post at 10pm read 10am, until I'd clicked into it on the 10th page, and still it didn't register via Recent.

Weird eh.. 🤔

Thinking .... All y'all been busy being naughty from my last login aye? :laugh:

🤐 I'm not saying nuffin 😂

What happened?

Just a glitch 😉

Is that what the kids are calling it these days
  • DaytimeDuchess
    DaytimeDuchess Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Your most recent, Instagram post! PROVE IT! <3
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,883 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    What causes some people to be more altruistic than others? Does this not violate the laws of natural selection? Also, it is a psychological defense mechanism?
  • DaytimeDuchess
    Options
    What am I going to buy myself, for Christmas? :s
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    There must be something very special in a good way for those who want to stay living in California. 10% sales tax, freeway traffic, yearly out of control fires, drought, California politics... Not being sarcastic. I'm sure there's a lure. I just don't know what it is.
    This could be mine in 20 minutes. :smirk:

20080909-la-innout.jpg

pshh we got that in Texas too

Not the same... Ppff, copy cats
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    There must be something very special in a good way for those who want to stay living in California. 10% sales tax, freeway traffic, yearly out of control fires, drought, California politics... Not being sarcastic. I'm sure there's a lure. I just don't know what it is.
    This could be mine in 20 minutes. :smirk:

20080909-la-innout.jpg

pshh we got that in Texas too

Not the same... Ppff, copy cats

:laugh:
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I spent the night at my ex's last night.
    We had some great conversation and it got late so I just stayed.
    I'm thinking back on it now and I'm realizing he may have had "something in mind" but I didn't get the clues at the time.
    Would have been nice,
    I'm so dense sometimes.
  • DaytimeDuchess
    Options
    Sometimes I think I like people, but then I read the comment section under a news article and I remember, how hateful, cruel, racist, stereotyping, selfish and overall naive the world is. And then I change my mind.

How about just continuing to like the people, that aren't like that because if you cease liking everyone, that'd include yourself as well? Collective punishment, benefits no 1!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Sometimes I think I like people, but then I read the comment section under a news article and I remember, how hateful, cruel, racist, stereotyping, selfish and overall naive the world is. And then I change my mind.

How about just continuing to like the people, that aren't like that because if you cease liking everyone, that'd include yourself as well? Collective punishment, benefits no 1!

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind
  • DaytimeDuchess
    Options

100% true!
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,883 Member
    Options
    What causes some people to be more altruistic than others?

maybe theyre tryin to overcome guilt?

Yes, kinda like Batman or Spiderman. A sort of coping mechanism.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Traveling
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options

There's a speaker/author by the name of Vernon Howard. He passed away in the early 90s when he was 70 something years old. He wasn't formally schooled in psychology but he had it down. His delivery was very pragmatic and old fashioned. He used direct, uncomplicated language.

Anyway, I'm getting long winded here. He agreed with you completely. He has talks and audio lectures on You Tube, also hard copy books and booklets. He's one of my favorite speakers of all time.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    edited November 2018
    Options

I disagree with this quote in reference to my point of what I have noticed. I’m not punishing nor am I thinking I am superior by being saddened by people’s overall sense of hatred towards that what they don’t agree or understand.

Lol... I understand what you were saying, and totally agree...

I just wanted to be a smart *kitten* and throw in a cool quote that made no sense in this context :lol:

I mean, it sounds like it should make sense... But, huh? Lol... Get it

• The_Devil_in_Miss_Jones
    Options
    I've been feeling good for almost 1 week now, 1st time in almost 2 months. It's nice to start feeling like myself again and having energy to want to get out of bed in the morning. Having the holidays approaching makes my heart a little heavy but myself and my children will get through this, we make a good team. ❤

<3 love to you lady, and glad to hear you had a good week (:

Thanks, love. One day at a time. <3
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I ran into someone today who acted like she has known me for years, asking how I was doing, how my kids were, talked about work. She seemed familiar but I had no clue who she was or what her name is. I pretended I knew her too and had a conversation with her. I've been wondering who the hell I was talking to since I got home. It's bugging the crap out of me 😂

Glitch in the matrix