Options
    I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    thinking its kind of a rip-off that the grocery store charges you for the weight of the banana peels too when you buy them

but bananas are so cheap anyway.

it ain't about the price. it's about the principle of the thing. they're playing us for FOOLS

But maybe they're cheaper because they know you can't eat the peel?

these are the thoughts that keep me awake at night.

The thoughts that keep me up at night is "if I go to sleep now, I'll get X amount of hours. But if I can preplan what I'm wearing while I lay here trying to go to sleep I can buy myself a few minutes to hit snooze one more time."
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    thinking its kind of a rip-off that the grocery store charges you for the weight of the banana peels too when you buy them

it ain't about the price. it's about the principle of the thing. they're playing us for FOOLS

The thoughts that keep me up at night is "if I go to sleep now, I'll get X amount of hours. But if I can preplan what I'm wearing while I lay here trying to go to sleep I can buy myself a few minutes to hit snooze one more time."

i've given up on the idea of good sleep with any real regularity at this point in my life and have settled for blackouts as often as possible. you don't really feel rested or anything but at least you aren't aware of time.
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    How I am so tired of listening to my co-worker talk to herself all day long. In the beginning everytime I'd hear her talking I'd ask her "what" or "were you talking to me?" There is no way for me to tune her out and she drives me batty!! !
  • RomaineCalm
    Options

i've given up on the idea of good sleep with any real regularity at this point in my life and have settled for blackouts as often as possible. you don't really feel rested or anything but at least you aren't aware of time.

Welp that was sad to read.
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options

I haven't drank in a while. I do miss the ability to fall asleep with relative ease instead of those nights where I end up falling asleep at 3 am.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    There’s a big beautiful tree in front of the city hall decorated for everyone to enjoy. Canada, being a multi cultural country, for the most part has decided to call these trees holiday trees. The homeless shelters in the city are at full capacity, and so under this tree, in the late evening, you’ll find people trying to shelter themselves from the cold. Yet this isn’t what people are concerned about. There concern isn’t for people trying to survive in negative degree temperatures, but that how dare the city call the Christmas tree a holiday tree. Not only is their priorities messed up, so is their understanding of Yule and Christmas.

ETA - Maybe this should have went in first world probs.

The roots are pagan anyhow right?

I still call it a Christmas tree, because to me, that's what it is... But it doesn't bother me that it maybe something different to someone else, nor that the city calls it a holiday tree.

Just don't call it a a pagan ritualist tree lol
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    i think this year for Christmas i’m going to do linocut print postcards and write a personal note to each of my friends telling them how much they mean to me or some memory i have of them

I love this. They will too.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    i think this year for Christmas i’m going to do linocut print postcards and write a personal note to each of my friends telling them how much they mean to me or some memory i have of them

I can’t wait for mine
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options

Very thoughtful :) I have a die cutter collecting dust in my spare room... maybe I'll set it up and do the same with my kiddo... I think he will love that!
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    just walked into Walmart. they're playing Michael Buble.

winter is coming.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    just walked into Walmart. they're playing Michael Buble.

winter is coming.
    xhtomecrkgdu.gif

:D:D:D doing my tree tomorrow...all the holiday feels
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

What a lovely gesture.
  • DaytimeDuchess
    DaytimeDuchess Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Error, try again! That, isn't proof! Words, without action's meaningless!
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    The one person ...who thinks they can match me....only one
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

Your friends are lucky to have such a thoughtful friend!

I think telling people what you think of them or that you do think of them is important
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Finished my Christmas shopping. Got all my wife's gifts wrapped and hidden from her. As far as kids and grandkids go, they're done too, but a couple of them won't be delivered until Wednesday. WINNING!

Wait!......wait a cotton pickin minute.....Santa brings the prezzies.....what.....what are you saying!!!!😥😫😱😭

Unless you're his helper...then ok...good for you!!!😁

Someone is overtired....😋
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

I can’t wait for mine

i will totally send u one if u like

You're so talented and sweet....you're a special kinda friend!!!😘🤗
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    the face forgives the mirror, the worm forgives the plow

this is dark and beautiful:heart: