What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I'm having breakfast for lunch. BUT, no bacon. I'm not sure I can legally still call this breakfast.

no bacon ??

post reported.

Would you accept corned beef hash?

honestly, that is a call well beyond my pay grade.

it seems reasonable

... but I've been wrong before. *shrug
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    people used to keep diaries and not blogs

I still write in my diary. It's cathartic.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »

Maybe I should try that. I have scribblings on a graph paper notebook that even to me, look like some madman's notes. Some I remember and laugh. We have good laughs, me.
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Going to a Columbian spot for dinner tonight.. never had it before. Any recommendations on what to try??
  • s131951
    Options
    Dakase83 wrote: »
    Going to a Columbian spot for dinner tonight.. never had it before. Any recommendations on what to try??

Don't know much about it, but I'll take some recommendations from you afterward. Enjoy !

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    My girl... she will be 13 in December and has had a little boyfriend for almost 1 year now, he's 14. Yesterday I told her I thought she didn't spend alot of time with her friends anymore and spent all of her time with him. She got invited to go to the movies with her friends tonight and when she told him she was going he got angry and told her she didn't love him because if she would, she would spend ALL weekend with him. I can't believe that kids can be possesive like that at that age and now I'm wondering how long this has been going on and I feel bad because maybe I've been blind to it? I don't think she should see him anymore.

Wow that is disturbing! She probably doesn't realise that's not how it should be. Hope you can steer her away from him.
  • s131951
    Options
    My girl... she will be 13 in December and has had a little boyfriend for almost 1 year now, he's 14. Yesterday I told her I thought she didn't spend alot of time with her friends anymore and spent all of her time with him. She got invited to go to the movies with her friends tonight and when she told him she was going he got angry and told her she didn't love him because if she would, she would spend ALL weekend with him. I can't believe that kids can be possesive like that at that age and now I'm wondering how long this has been going on and I feel bad because maybe I've been blind to it? I don't think she should see him anymore.

I agree. He is young, but the possessiveness doesn't bode well. I may be sensitive with two girls of my own. My 15 year old is dating a 14 yo though.
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

This heart breaking :heartbreak: I agree with you. She should steer clear of him.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    wyozx3gru8ov.jpg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »

Me to :)
    2ccx1sfuxye0.jpg

Looking at this for my next one. They can have such beautiful covers.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options

Fuggin digital age - I prefer to type than write myself as my handwriting is quite horrible - but I don’t keep any type of journal - I just internalize my thoughts and sort thru them that way - I’ve been advised by a few to maybe writes that chit down - just don’t thinks it’s something I’ll ever do
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options

You tell her that she can't be with him at all and she will likely rebel. You get a say in what she does and with who though so you can limit her time with him. Tell her she isn't allowed to spend all weekend with any one person so she can go with her friends tonight and see him tomorrow or Sunday. All weekend with a boyfriend at 13 or 14 is too much anyway
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

You tell her that she can't be with him at all and she will likely rebel. You get a say in what she does and with who though so you can limit her time with him. Tell her she isn't allowed to spend all weekend with any one person so she can go with her friends tonight and see him tomorrow or Sunday. All weekend with a boyfriend at 13 or 14 is too much anyway

Absolutely agree with all you said. I spoke to her and she's not going there this weekend. Way too young to be in a position like that.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options

I don’t let my girls spend anytime with boyfriends/ they are 13/15 - I’ve told them not til 16 - I know maybe a little over board but all dudes are a holes at that age - so I’m ok with it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »

I don’t let my girls spend anytime with boyfriends/ they are 13/15 - I’ve told them not til 16 - I know maybe a little over board but all dudes are a holes at that age - so I’m ok with it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know...it was too much. I guess maybe in a way I've felt guilty lately because I dont have as much energy to do activities with my kids as I used to so maybe I haven't been as strict has I've been before. This little incident opened my eyes and hopefully the talk I had with her opened hers. It's not easy dealing with teenagers 🤦‍♀️
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

This would have enraged me and I would have snatched that kid.